So I was thinking about giving Linux a try for the 15th time. I dont play games anymore, I just code...

So I was thinking about giving Linux a try for the 15th time. I dont play games anymore, I just code, watch netflix and do my CE coursework.

Im so damn tired of Windows updates, the lack of a package manager and how fucking bugged the windows 10 UI is.

Which is the most mature Linux distro and UI or what the hell it's called that doesn't look autistic?

xbuntu or fedora

Debian testing

GNU/Linux*

i dont plan on using anything GNU related

debian testing with xfce

Manjaro

OpenPEPE with KDE

use arch or debian minimal installation
openbox
tint2
rice dot files

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

wtf wasn't the copy-pasta banned a couple years ago

Ubuntu is pretty easy. Xubuntu is lighter. Debian is stable but harder to install, and for people that know what they are doing.

So just go for any *buntu flavor distro

Fedora just works.

bunsen labs for all around usability or q4os if you rly rly want to stick to the windows 7/xp ui feel

both are debian based and have sane defaults so compatibility or documentation wont be a problem

install gentoo, it is really the only way to go

Ubuntu
Xfce is a pile of shit

>Implying that unity is better

Enjoy you windows movement being fucking retarded as fuck my friend !

Arch is good, but every update something fucks up.
I like how you don't ever have to reinstall it though you just update

You must be more precise when you mention UI. There is a ton of ****distros**** that come with different UI but in reality are all the same.

If you REALLY are a veteran and know how to install things from the ground up, go for Devuan netinstall (or even Gentoo).

If you, on the other hand, want to save the hassle of making a decision and want to install something really quick, go for the Lubuntu, which has an austere UI but with all you need.

Or obviate any biased comment, go to distrowatch, and pick yourself.

install gentoo

I'm not even being ironic. I installed it this weekend on my laptop and my desktop. It runs great with xfce.

I know most will disagree, but Linux mint resparked my love of GNU. I'd done the Ubuntu distros before and always ended up reinstalling Windows. Mint just works and is fairly easy to fuck about with

Ubuntu. Sup Forums autists hate it because it's the most well known distro, but it's the most well known for a reason.

95% of distros are a meme

>bloatware
but it's the most beginner-friendly, IMO, so that's nice

Enjoy your kernel then

Solus

Mint is practically Ubuntu...

Debian testing with KDE or XFCE.

True, but I like it.

You know what's stupid about these threads? Everyone just answers different distros so the thread just amounts to asking "What are all the distros that exist that isn't Arch?"

Even the "pros/cons" end up coming out randomly, and everyone disputes them into questionable credibility anyways.

Really boils my beans.

...where's the "which linux" guide.jpg? The headphone/thinkpad/smartphone/watchfags/TVshow/Animu fags have 'em.

>Arch is good, but every update something fucks up.
t. someone who has never used Arch

>where's the "which linux" guide.jpg?

No need because the correct answer is, always has been, and always will be, Gentoo.

Fedora, it just werks (tm)
> This post was written on Fedora
Just add rpmfusion to dnf.

Just get an iPad you casual shit

Not a cp.

and googles repo, fedora is by far the least werking out of the box, also leaks loads of memory because half the desktop is pajeetware written in python

Well, no distributions then...

this

If you want to give it a try, mess with it using a live CD FIRST. Then consider installing it.

>Which is the most mature Linux distro
It depends on what you want, duh.
But in general, for new users, I'd recommend Linux Mint.

>and UI or what the hell it's called that doesn't look autistic?
Desktop environment (DE). Here are your options:

>Flashy but bloated
KDE, Cinnamon (from Mint), Unity (from Ubuntu)

>Lightweight but beware some rough edges
Xfce, MATE

>the user is too stupid to have choices!
GNOME

Google some images of them, find the one you like the best, use it.

Like you, I messed around with tons of distros on and off. Lately, I've been looking to ditch windows again and I've fallen in love with BSD. I can't recommend it highly enough.

this

the trips of truth have spoken
Although seriously, this is the only correct answer OP. Mint is amazing.

Solus.

this desu

opensnooze has been the best since leap came out

why are you asking Sup Forums?
go make a bunch of live usb sticks and try them all out.

personally i like gnome&fedora, gnome&ubuntu or elementary os

obviously we all have our own preferences

You should install Debian. The DE you'll have to choose yourself. I like Cinnamon.