Need a new Laptop

College student here. Need a new laptop that I can use for school and play games on as well. Price isn't a big issue, maximum is $2400. Any recommendations? I've researched and it looks like the top 3 are the Dell XPS, Razer Blade Stealth, and the Macbook.

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/xps-15-9560-laptop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2016 MBP

Dell XPS 15, not even a fucking question. It's Sup Forums's official laptop of 2016.

I have an XPS 13 9350 (model before most recent), and I absolutely love it.
I've heard good things about the Razer Blade Stealth, but my past experiences with Razer peripherals make me wary...

Razer blade plays games the best, Dell second, Mac is the worst, even if you install Windows 10 on it.

That said, Dell hasn't updated to Pascal yet so if you care about gaming, it's hard to recommend. The Mac Is and never was a gaming machine so I'm not sure why you're even considering it. If you didn't care about games at all or just wanted to play shit that is 5+ years old, maybe it would be an okay choice if the price didn't go up with the new inferior model.

>razer blade
>any razer laptops
Enjoy your static shocks

>Dell XPS 15
I have the Dell XPS 15 9550 and its absolutely brilliant.Its very powerful , not terribly heavy and aesthetically pleasing.

If you have the funds i would definitely recommend it.

Can the Dell handle Overwatch pretty well?

>College student here.
irrelevant
>Need a new laptop that I can use for school and play games on as well.
no one gives a shit. gaymen shit belongs to Sup Forums
>Price isn't a big issue, maximum is $2400.
so your parents are rich? good for you.
> Any recommendations?
go fuck yourself
>I've researched and it looks like the top 3 are the Dell XPS, Razer Blade Stealth, and the Macbook.
then why do you make a thread? buy one.

Yes, easily. Overwatch runs on my fucking Atom Z8700 tablet at 25-35FPS. The Dell is more than 50x faster than it.

>Can the Dell handle Overwatch pretty well?
I've never played it but I imagine even the Macbook handles it well given it's a very low-end game.

How is the Razer Blade (not the Stealth) compared to the XPS?

Far better for gaming, worse for everything else

Go dell, I'm honestly impressed of the latest offerings they have. They look really nice and are well built.

Currently typing this from a cheap inspiron 5378 that I really love. The only bad thing about it is the battery life is mediocre but I use it on AC most of the times anyways.

When I need to step up I'm getting an XPS for sure.

I was gonna pick up an XPS 15, but I didn't really need it anymore so I just pocketed the money and stuck with my PC. Good looking laptop.

If you're going for the Razer Blade Stealth, keep in mind that you need a Razer eGPU dock and a GPU to play games on it

>Razer Blade Stealth
garbage. literally the worst keyboard of any laptop and trackpad isn't that far off.

>the Macbook
GOAT

kys
Read the fucking wiki.

>960m
why

can Sup Forums recommend a laptop with a current gen card

X1 Carbon / T460s / X260

Clevo with 1060

Alienware 13/15. The current gen doesn't look anywhere near as retarded as the earlier ones, it now just looks like a Dell Precision with configurable LED strips on the sides.
No matter what laptop you want, Dell is going to offer the best one.

it still has that dumb ass alien logo

why can't good laptops not have stupid shit on them

Yeah, the logo and the tapered top are the last things they need to remove.
Alienwares are fucking amazing machines, you can have an Overclockable i7, GTX 1070, HDD+SSD on a 15" laptop barely bigger than the Thinkpad T60p that Sup Forums loves so much, get's 9 hours battery life if you are just dicking around on the web or Youtube. Build Quality is the same as a Precision because they both share the same internal chassis.

No need to be so fucking bitter man. Jesus.

I haven't bothered to read anything other than your first post OP because I don't care what other people on Sup Forums had to say, all I want is to ramble about computer shit so that I can feel better about how I choose to spend my free time.

All the macbooks are a no go when it comes to games. It's not about macs not having games (although they are missing quite a few), but about the specs. Especially if you meant *the* macbook. Core M processors will not be fun for trying to game on at all. Macbook Pro I'm going to admit I know jack shit.

In terms of the machines by themselves, the Dell is the best. The XPS 15 actually has a dedicated GPU, unlike the macbook and razer blade stealth which are integrated GPU only. Now, if money isnt an issue, obviously you can spend the remaining 2400$ budget on the Razer Core + GPU and you'll be grand. That in my opinion is the best option for someone who money isn't an issue for.

The Dell is the best laptop in my opinion in being a capable machine with a mix of portability and being able to do "muh games", but playing video games on your laptop on the go sucks in the first place.

Razer Blade Stealth is slim as fuck, 12 inch portable, with ?okayish? battery life, but something that you can get GTX 1080 performance out of when you're not mobile if you shell out for the Razer Core + Previously mentioned gpu.

Plus, you get a shiny rgb keyboard sure to impress all the normies. Just be sure to buy a sticker to cover up the hideous razer logo.

>Macbook Pro I'm going to admit I know jack shit.
Actually you ignorance when it comes to Macs is glaringly obvious.
You have swallowed the Microsoft line along with the hook, sinker and monthly Anglers' Digest.

yup, new laptops are nice and shiny

shiny things...

dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/xps-15-9560-laptop
XPS 15 just got updated to 2016:
GTX 1050 and Kaby Lake.

Then enlighten me. To the best of my knowledge, the entire apple laptop line only has integrated graphics, and especially when running at higher resolutions (which is something said laptops generally have) trying to play games on them would be abysmal.

The argument isn't even based on them being macs, because the same thing would apply to the Razer Blade Stealth if it didn't have an eGPU option. It applies to literally all laptops with iGPUs only, as even Iris Pro runs some games poorly even on lower resolutions and settings.

Of course, except, the Macbook Pro which I mentioned before. All I know is that the 15 inch models have dGPUs. (At least, I think.)

>To the best of my knowledge, the entire apple laptop line only has integrated graphics
Well your knowledge is wrong, the 15" MacBook Pro does not have a version without a discrete GPU anymore. All of them have either the Radeon Pro 450, 455, or 460 depending on how much you spend. Previous gen 15" MacBook Pros offered the Radeon R9 M370X, the Geforce GT 750M, 650M, Radeon 5770M, and other GPUs.

With that said you're obviously not going to play games at 2880x1800 on a laptop GPU, I've got a GTX 1070 in my desktop and it can barely play some games at 2560x1440.

The 2016 15" rMBP comes with discrete GPUs, the 2015 models offered it but you had to buy a higher configuration, as was the case I believe with the 2013 and 2014 models. I think the 2012 model only offered discrete.

I can't tell if you're baiting or just genuinely pissed off for no reason

wait for 1050

Suck my cock faggot

Whatever you do, do not go for a gaming laptop.
Also you aren't going to be playing much games anyway, you're a student.

I recommend the 2015 13.3" rMBP. Sure, it has integrated graphics, but MacOS is very nice, Pages is great for writing papers. - you can play CS 1.6, Dwarf Fortress & DOOM on it so that's enough.

Suggestions for a broke college student with a budget of $550?

is the thinkpad meme real?

The thinkpad meme is really but only on certain models. At $550, look for models in the T430 line.

Anything that is below 1060 6gb this generation seriously is not worth it.

how is it that you did research and determined that a macbook would be suitable for your needs?

I think you did research and found the only three laptops that can cost as much as $2400

>& DOOM on it so that's enoug
bullshit, I have the 15" model with the R9 m370X and DOOM runs at maybe 30-40fps regardless of the setting