Let's be honest here

Let's be honest here
OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators use windows
Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Gamers use windows
Servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Servers run on Linux

>Mac OSX
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX
Unironically faggots use OSX even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
PROTIP- You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

photos.imgix.com/racking-mac-pros
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OS X has been used in server environments for the superior graphics apis.
Apple kinda shot themselves on the foot with that audience with the can-shaped Mac Pro, although some people still were desperate enough to accomodate their datacenters for them: photos.imgix.com/racking-mac-pros

I use my MBP as my daily driver. Unlike Linux, macOS doesn't drain my battery life and it just works. Even MS software like Office works painlessly on macOS. In short, it's a UNIX for the masses.

>daily driver.
Epic meme right there. Your
1. Hardware is complete fisher price trash with shiny finish. Enjoy your 800MHz processor and 19h hour of facebook browsing
2. "UNIX" is a meme certificate that can be brought with money. UNIX philosophy itself is trash
3. At least Linux has better hardware support than your toddler OS
4. Pretty sure Windows can be installed and it can give better performance than OSX

why don't you daily drive your faggot ass back to

>1. Hardware is complete fisher price trash with shiny finish. Enjoy your 800MHz processor and 19h hour of facebook browsing
I have an i7 4870HQ and a GeForce 750M on my MBP from 2014

It's a lot better than your Thinkpad.

>2. "UNIX" is a meme certificate that can be brought with money.
Yes, but it also means that I get to run FreeBSD userland ontop on a microkernel instead of the hybrid monolotih that is kFreeBSD.

>3. At least Linux has better hardware support than your toddler OS
Why would I care about hardware support? It's a fucking laptop

>4. Pretty sure Windows can be installed and it can give better performance than OSX
1. It can't (give better performance)
2. Why the FUCK would I want to use Windows?

>It's a lot better than your Thinkpad.
lel 0 supercomputers runs your facebook OS

Furthermore at least even FreeBSD has better hardware support than your toytop

>lel 0 supercomputers runs your facebook OS
Who cares? I don't carry around a supercomputer with me. Again, it's a fucking laptop.

>Furthermore at least even FreeBSD has better hardware support than your toytop
And yet again, this point is completely irrelevant due to the fact that it's a fucking laptop.

Why would I care about portability, when I only need to run it on the specific set of hardware that is contained in my MBP?

Because people might not be poorfags that run i7 4870 with a fucking 750M.

Portability is always sourgrapes for mactards

>Because people might not be poorfags that run i7 4870 with a fucking 750M.
My laptop is from 2014, those specs are pretty decent for a laptop that's two and a half years old.

There are newer Macbooks out, but since it's a fucking laptop I don't need the latest consumerware in order to play the latest release of Cawwaduty or Battlefield or whatever the kids play these days.

>Portability is always sourgrapes for mactards
How on earth can it be a sour grape? You do understand that macOS is designed to run on Macs, right? Not on other computers.

>Macs
More like over priced non customizable turds that people buy since they have no idea how to put together a computer, making them buy a new fucking machine each year like puppets

>More like over priced non customizable turds
How often do you customsze your laptop?

>that people buy since they have no idea how to put together a computer,
It's a fucking laptop, user. Do you buy laptops in separate parts and put them back together?

>making them buy a new fucking machine each year like puppets
And again, I just told you three times now that I use a computer that I've had for 2 1/2 years.

>"people buying new machines each year are like puppets"
>"buying expensive new parts like a consumerist whore every half year is obviously superior!!!!"

stop this, hOmOSeXes will cry

is he going to starbucks?

OS X is fucking wonderful, Windows is the real useless one. Only legitimate reason to use it is software that devs are retarded enough to make Windows-only. Anyone who says OS X is bad has not tried it and has no right to comment on it.

>spouting memes that are older than you are

I do a tower build for roughly 800 dollarydoos then run that shit into the ground over four to five years then do it again.

it's really that cheap to be just behind the cutting edge.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

As far as I know, iOS development belongs to OS X.
Also content creation tools originated on Macintoshes, so there's some inertia about them.
And pre-2016 Macbooks were cool.

By reading this thread it is pretty apparent that mactoddlers are anything BUT btfo'd.

But then again, this whole thread reeks of insecure Sup Forumsirgins who discovered Sup Forums for the first time and are trying to get a grip on the plethora of operating systems out there.

For once I agree 100% with something posted on g even as a linux user. Can we all agree this spinning wheel looks gay as fuck? That alone is enough reason for me to avoid using mac os shit.

Linux is GOD OS

You have never used OSX other than a 2 minute fiddle at the apple store poorfag.

OSX is the more stable, best for productivity, and more private and secure OS available.

Nobody would care if linux disappeared

There's literally dozens of operating systems that can fill each of those linux niches (just not at the same time at like linux)