Am I the only Intel/Nvidiafag who can't wait for Ryzen and Vega to get released and start kicking ass so Intel & Nvidia...

Am I the only Intel/Nvidiafag who can't wait for Ryzen and Vega to get released and start kicking ass so Intel & Nvidia can get off their butts and start working at tech improvements again?

As someone who uses Intel/AMD, I'm very excited. I mean, I've got no reason to upgrade from my i7 4790k for years to come yet and my Fury X is doing absolutely fine for me right now - but seeing AMD pull themselves off the floor is good news for everyone.
Like you say, it'll push the others to actually innovate/improve massively, if they don't want to lose the lead.

I was contemplating Volta, but then elite club and PSU packs happened.

I guess now i'm Radeon for life.

Nvidia's been feeling the crunch for years now, it's literally only with the very latest generation of chips that AMD decided to not compete at a high level.

AMD is so fucking slow.

I need a new system, but I am not willing to pay the amount of money they demand for their shitty products with barely any improvements.

For instance, I am not willing to pay for the RX480 which in my eyes is overpriced for a product that can't or barely beats the GTX970.

Neither am I willing to buy a GTX1070 because the G-Sync stuff is a total rip-off.

for two years exactly, I wouldn't even consider AMD before Omega drivers

Improving hardware just leads to developers being less careful about the performance of their applications.

>For instance, I am not willing to pay for the RX480 which in my eyes is overpriced for a product that can't or barely beats the GTX970.
Is it? I can find rx 480 for 240 and 970 for 300 cheapest.

Europe, Germany here.

RX480 with 8GB atleast cost 260€.

I meant the 4gb version

I am not dumb enough to even consider the 4GB version.

I really dont care

shut the fuck up, mohammed

Same story in the UK.

>tfw cheapest rx 470 4gb on ocuk is £188
>tfw cheapest gtx 1060 3gb is also £188

Amd are a global brand. If nvidia can keep their global prices low then amd surely can. This is just stupid now. The 470 should be at least £50 cheaper than a 1060 3gb and the rx 480 4gb should also be the same price as a 1060 3gb yet it's way more expensive (~£200) unless you find it on offer.

>who can't wait

but you can

Intel & Nvidia have been making tech improvements. it's AMD who's playing catch-up.

You can get the xfx rs rx 480 8gb for 260 in germany.

>Is it? I can find rx 480 for 240 and 970 for 300 cheapest.

that's because the 970 isn't being manufactured anymore. you can buy them second hand for super cheap, like $100-150 USD.

it is like 250 grand.
user being poor and just the Nitro RX 480.

Yes, then they've slowed down and sat on ludicrously-priced same-ish tech refreshes because they can.

I want them to be pushing the envelope again, and if they won't do it on their own then I'll happily cheer AMD on to prod them into it.

>add/remove a pin
>force people to buy new motherboards
>3% performance increase
>we did it guis!

Kys yourself to peaces

I just installed my 1070

JUST

Stop worrying about stuff that doesn't matter and enjoy your card. The 1070 is probably the best value card of the current generation.

Why do you need the 8GB version when the 970 only has 3.5?

I need more PROOF that it's fake

that explanation doesn't really make sense considering you could see part of the cpuid in the cinebench screen and it matched all previous zen es

DELET THIS

>all previous zen es
woah, I wonder why

you mean they can spoof it to show information that was already readily available?

intelfags will believe anything if it confirms their bias

>you mean they can spoof it to show information that was already readily available?

sure you can, but if they did then they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of crudely hiding it

>intelfags will believe anything if it confirms their bias

nice projection, but i'm not brand loyal. i'm just unwilling to believe any companies marketing BS, especially when we've had like 3-4 confirmed leaks of people using zen engineering samples that showed ipc closer to sandy and ivy bridge than haswell and broadwell like AMD claims..

Fake and gay.

Intel/Nvidia fag here

I want them to succeed. I want to break free of this cycle of cuckoldry.

Even if it literally is just jumping from one multi-billion dollar corp to another.

I want them to succeed/be competitive, but I can't understand why they didn't make a 1070/1080 competitor.

It's clear that Polaris and consumer Pascal are really just stopgaps until HBM and all the double-rate fp16 stuff is ready for consumers, but AMD should have gone ahead and made a 384b cards that were 1.5x of a Polaris 10.

Ceding the high end just invited Nvidia to rape consumer wallets for what are basically shrunk and overclocked GTX 980s.

The images were intentionally compressed to hide evidence that they were altered. The Chink admitted he faked them after getting called out.
Its fake, and easily proven even without knowing the above.

Seems fake, it scales like an intel processor when comparing fritz to cinebench. I checked other amd processors, fx, phenom, a10 apu series and they scaled around 21-24x compared to intel 14-16x. I seriously doubt that zen would scale like the 6900k in Fritz chess.

That's overpriced to me with a 290x since it would only be a slight sidegrade.

I'm running GTX 1080 SLI with a 4.7GHz 4790K. I'll consider Ryzen if it can at least match my current CPU in terms of single-threaded performance. Moar cores would be pretty nice and so would the extra PCIe lanes. If it can't match OC'd Haswell single threaded performance I probably won't get it. My CPU doesn't really bottleneck me at 4K anyway.

On the GPU side I'll aim my next upgrade at 4K 120FPS, that will probably be around Volta time if monitors come out and I'll buy whatever is fastest and has the best mGPU support, because 4K 120FPS (close to) max settings definitely won't be doable with a single card any time soon.

"Upgrading" from a 290X to a RX 480 is no way whatsoever worth it.

AMD doesn't have the money to be able to flaut international tax laws

Not that guy and not even an Intel fanboy but Intel mobos are generally speaking good for two generations, the one they were released with and the next one or the previous one depending on where in the tick/tock cycle they were launched. They need a BIOS update but that's hardly anything new.

Tick/tock is dead now though, we'll have to see how that holds up.

>I want them to succeed/be competitive, but I can't understand why they didn't make a 1070/1080 competitor.

Because no one buys amd parts even when they are clearly better.

Why compete for a retardedly small segment of the market where they are even less likely to consider you?

It was smart of them to hold off for the hbm2 instead, at least this way they have everything going for them.

>Ceding the high end just invited Nvidia to rape consumer wallets for what are basically shrunk and overclocked GTX 980s.

and yet people still bought them instead of sticking their middle fingers up and saying "Im not paying that much asshole"

Isnt the 470 4gb at least as fast as the 1060 3gb? They are both cut down gpus of their big brothers and they are basically equal in dx 11

The only way its worth it is if you are constantly hitting the ram limit, which new games and some older ones are easily able to do.

Granted, I would never consider a sidegrade and just hold out for vega, possibly navi, I have a 280x and Ill make that decision once I alleviate the cpu bottleneck.

>Am I the only Intel/Nvidiafag who...

Stop. Shut up. You're an idiot.

If you are a "fan" of Intel, nVidia or AMD, you're part of the problem. Buy the best parts at the price you are willing to pay, regardless of who makes it. If it's a toss-up, find the best deal you can or flip a coin.

>J..Just you wait for (RY)ZEN that will show INTEL

Meanwhile Intel has had mainstream 8 cores for years

>Muh ..mMUH VEGA will RUIN your 1080 just you wait

Competing with a 1 year old card. Such bravery and courage

>Meanwhile Intel has had mainstream 8 cores for years
For $1000

If you are too poor to afford a good quality 8 core cpu (unlike cheap poor and garbage) you probably don't need an 8 core cpu. You might be better off served by finding a quad core by rummaging around in the bargin bin.

>hurrdurr your poor

I can afford the tech, it's just extremely overpriced, and AMD is about to show that.

Fake equivalence with your meme. Intel you actually get a good quality product while AMD you get a bomb waiting to explode. I would expect as much from an AMD loser though. Can only reply with stupid memes rather than have an actual discussion.

>while AMD you get a bomb waiting to explode
Citation and comparison needed
>I would expect as much from an AMD loser though
Ad hominem and potential fanaticism
>Can only reply with stupid memes rather than have an actual discussion.
I'd also like to have an actual discussion. Instead, I get flat out bait.

when you upgrade do you want to sell me your fury X???

Logically speaking, when there are only two companies to root for (an oligopoly), you should always cheer for both teams to do their best.

1- Your preferred company does better? You get better products.
2- Your competitor does better? Your company will start looking for ways to improve.

I do not understand it when Intel fanboys jeer and boo. You think you will be better off if AMD fails? You believe that Intel is benevolent and kind, and will give you the best prices when there is no competition?

This 2500K owner says: Best of luck, AMD! Hope you can bring back Athlon-levels of competition!

>psu packs
Would you be kind enough to elaborate? Never heard of this.

go be reasonable elsewhere you cuck

What's elite club?

an association that is superior in terms of qualities to the rest of society

Oh, so it's not something specific, it's just the superiority complex of Nvidia in general?

There is a new thing that's $10/month and Nvidia gives games and shit and the PSU packs is a combo sold in Spanish speaking countries and contain a450w Corsair PSU a 250gb SSD and a GTX 1060 called the "PC gaming revive pack" or some shit like that

>"GAMER REVIVE"
>"NVIDIA® MONTHLY®® GAMEC®ATE®®®®®"

Okay, I see the problem.

Is it even worth waiting to upgrade until Zen if I have no desire to downgrade to Windows 10?

I heard that Zen won't support Windows 7, but I don't know if it's "unsupported" as in "everything works but we're just covering our asses in case something is unoptimal about it" or unsupported in the sense that the OS won't even boot on Zen's chipset.

the first.

No new CPUs require Windows 10, and it isn't up to the CPU to "support" the OS. It is up to Microsoft to support specific hardware functions of the CPU, which they said they would stop doing for legacy operating systems.

You can install Windows 7 on a Skylake or Kaby Lake system. As it stand right now you just don't benefit from Speed Shift.
It is the same case with AMD hardware. Carrizo and Bristol Ridge both work under Windows 7, Ryzen CPUs will be exactly the same.

Stop regurgitating bullshit from clickbait headlines. That bullshit needs to stay in Sup Forums where it belongs.

>oh, it's not broken to force people to use W10, it's just crippled to force people to use W10!

This only continues, this only escalates, because of people APOLOGIZING for it instead of demanding it stop and not participating in it.

Should Microsoft keep updating Windows 3.1 to ensure it makes use of all modern hardware?
Companies are not obligated to support old products forever.

You're a retarded underage child.

>reeaalll matuuuure bradley! you should be thankful for this shit sandwich!

>I can't make an argument so I'll just shitpost
Thanks for proving my point.

>my argument that since companies can theoretically screw you at every opportunity means you shouldn't complain about it deserves a serious response

last (You) for (You).

>even more greentext shitposting because you can't make an argument.
Again, underage child. Companies are not obligated to support old products forever.
Windows 7 doesn't make use of a near worthless feature that exists to save paltry amounts of power for low power laptops. The CPUs still function just fine. Windows 10 isn't required in any way.
You're complaining about nothing, save for the fact that you enjoy whining like a baby in need of a bottle.

This

While I agree it's not optimal to be forced to use Windows 10 for all the features, there are other options. Switch to linux if you care so much.

Id pay another 100~$ for real windows 7 support, I don't want 8 or 10

On a cpu level, nothing is wrong, depending on if its bios level or os level, you may not get zens turbo shit that ocs apparently, that remains to be seen, but on the same side, you should be able to overclock just fine.

What really matters is if your motherboard supports windows 7 because no working drivers would mean needing a sound card/dac, a usb card, an ethernet card, and possibly some shit im forgetting.

The elite club thing sounds retarded but I have to admit it's the kind of thing almost all companies are trying to get going lately. They've seen the potential for subscription based income and worthless points systems that have been popularized by the millennial mobile generation and want a slice the pie. I dislike it but it's the current trend and will probably die down in the next few years.

The package deal doesn't seem like a bad thing to me. I assume when you say "spanish speaking parts of the world" you imply places like mexico or brazil.
Those guys get pretty fucked over on hardware costs anyway so maybe it's a decent thing for them.
I don't mean to imply I'm in defence of nVidia as I've never owned a product from them, but you might as well try to keep an unbiased stance.

Honestly I'm a little worried that Zen might not be great, considering Intel's leaked Kaby Lake prices. Also there was that latest currytech story about the comparatively poor benchmark results out of China (could be engineering samples or completely fake, but..)

>For instance, I am not willing to pay for the RX480 which in my eyes is overpriced for a product that can't or barely beats the GTX970.
Coming from a 280x the 470 was not overpriced. Other benefits besides shear TFLOPs weighs in, like power consumption and arch

m8, 4GB is plenty. Actually it's perfect for the card

150 for a 970 is pretty cheap, maybe you could find one for that if you got lucky

>currytech story
it is fake. It was xeon vs 6900k.

And then there was this image, which made me wonder how well Zen will work for games (sorry) as opposed to rendering or unpacking type tasks.

Considering that even in the best multithreading scaling games the 8350 does not match the i7s

Cinebench can be spoofed.

I disagree.

no I'm exactly the same. I own a 6700k and gtx1070.

An average 40% uplift in IPC over Excavator means over 60% higher than Piledriver, and Su recently stated that they exceeded their performance targets. They're explicitly stating higher than 40% average uplift in IPC vs Excavator.
60% higher single threaded perf per clock than that FX 8350, that would put it at the top of the bench you posted.

The Chink CB15 score, if it was legit, appears to be a Summit Ridge ES running at 3.1ghz. At 3.1ghz it scored 1188. At 3.5ghz it would score around 1350 which puts it on par with the 8 core Haswell-E.
That isn't bad at all.
So even if that leak was legit, it isn't showing AMD's upcoming CPUs in a bad light.

If you're trying to spread FUD you're doing a laughably bad job of it.

That is definitely some nice scaling, noting the bump from a four core i7 to a six core i7, but at the same time the minimums for everything are below 60, which is why I didn't use it as an example

Certainly makes a good case for the 5960x.

Well that's too fucking bad now, isn't it? Why don't you call up Ford and order a brand new 1978 LTD while you're at it?

no, it's up to the CPU to support the OS
remember how Microsoft had just missed the the latest cycle from Intel/AMD when they made Windows 2000?

The OS was completely coded and done, but Microsoft had to sit around for almost a year just twiddling their thumbs while waiting for new CPUs to be released so they could actually boot up W2000 for the first time and see if it worked.

Might be a sweet used deal in a few years as enthusiasts upgrade, or possibly later hailed as POAT by people who ignore its purchase price

Also a single game does not a good case make

Not him, but you're not funny; fuck off.

>If you're trying to spread FUD you're doing a laughably bad job of it.
I'm not, I'm just thinking "aloud"

>At 3.5ghz it would score around 1350 which puts it on par with the 8 core Haswell-E.
Thinking that Zen will match Intel highest peforming parts is optimistic at best

If anything the 8c / 16t Zen parts are competing with the 6c / 12t Cannon Lake parts.

Anyway that image is rather speculative since it has to list out four different possibilities. I think you've misinterpreted a few things, like that 60% improvement applying to single core performance

I haven't misrepresented anything.
It is IPC uplift. That means single core, performance per clock. Papermaster even clarified this point to make it explicit.
That image I posted isn't showing "four different possibilities." Its showing a single projection for the Zen core vs the known performance of all iterations in the BD family.
We know that 3.4ghz Ryzen without boost competes with the i7 6900k in Blender and Handbrake, so coming neck and neck with Haswell-E in Cinebench isn't even remotely close to a stretch.
Cannonlake HEDT isn't even close to launching. In late 2017 the only 10nm parts intel will launch are low power mobile.

I'm excited for Zen however their GPU department can go fuck itself. I've been scammed for the AMD meme twice now and I hated it both times. At the end I know it's just a personal experience and there are probably AMD owners who never had any issues with them while regreting junk like 2xx/4xx/9xxx Nvidia series but for me Nvidia was nothing but amazing. 480RX wasn't really an option since I already had 970 so I went for 1070 but holy fuck AMD seems to drop the ball when it comes to GPUs since R7.

in fact its handbrake performance is significantly better than broadwell-e.

>unironically linking gamegpu charts as a pro-AMD argument.

Those guys seem to run 480RX on some magical powder dust cuz their charts always seem to make it look like it's 10% faster than 980/1060. I really wonder why AMD fans on Sup Forums always link charts of some unknown European reviewers but never actually show some sort of a in game benchmark/msi afterburner video uploaded on youtube.

russians are legit, they don't fuck with hardware like tech illiterate canadian/intelstates faggots

>It is IPC uplift. That means single core, performance per clock.
Instructions per clock cannot be reduced into performance per clock, otherwise the FX chips would perform very well in games, which they don't.

>We know that 3.4ghz Ryzen without boost competes with the i7 6900k in Blender and Handbrake, so coming neck and neck with Haswell-E in Cinebench isn't even remotely close to a stretch.

I disagree, Haswell-E and Skylake have approximately the same IPC, so the 8 core Haswell-E i5 5960X should have a 25% better performance than the six core Skylake i7 6900K, and if Zen matches the six core Skylake i7 I see no reason why it should match an 8 core in a different benchmark. Of course AMD always puts out demos (as would any company) that show its products in a positive light. (Vulkan DOOM demos, for instance.)

>too much of a retard to know the difference between Broadwell and Skylake
>literally doesn't know what IPC is
I can't believe this is even a real post

As a Eastern European I must disagree. Russians are anything but legit.

>6900K
OK, my bad about calling that Skylake.

Doesn't change the fact that IPC stands for instructions per clock. In some alternate universe I'm sure there PPC (performance per clock) but but this is our timeline

>Instructions per clock cannot be reduced into performance per clock

that's exactly what it means in practice.

Performance is a function of IPC and clock rate.
Higher IPC directly means higher performance per clock.
Retard.

Clearly IPC does not 1-to-1 translate into performance. I cited gaming as an example. Anyone conflating the two probably also confuses "less" and "fewer" and has trouble differentiating "tangible" from "intangible"

Oh look its that Sup Forums retard again who fallaciously conflates performance with vidya benches