FCC Republicans vow to gut net neutrality rules “as soon as possible”

The Federal Communications Commission's two Republican members told ISPs yesterday that they will get to work on gutting net neutrality rules "as soon as possible."

>FCC Republicans Ajit Pai and Michael O'Rielly sent a letter to five lobby groups representing wireless carriers and small ISPs; while the letter is mostly about plans to extend an exemption for small providers from certain disclosure requirements, the commissioners also said they will tackle the entire net neutrality order shortly after President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration on January 20.

>"[W]e will seek to revisit [the disclosure] requirements, and the Title II Net Neutrality proceeding more broadly, as soon as possible," they wrote, referring to the order that imposed net neutrality rules and reclassified ISPs as common carriers under Title II of the Communications Act. Pai and O'Rielly noted that they "dissented from the Commission's February 2015 Net Neutrality decision, including the Order's imposition of unnecessary and unjustified burdens on providers."

>Pai and O'Rielly will have a 2-1 Republican majority on the FCC after the departure of Democratic Chairman Tom Wheeler on January 20. Pai previously said that the Title II net neutrality order's "days are numbered" under Trump, while O'Rielly said he intends to "undo harmful policies" such as the Title II reclassification.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/12/fcc-republicans-vow-to-gut-net-neutrality-rules-as-soon-as-possible/?comments=1

Other urls found in this thread:

donaldjtrump.com/policies/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_missile_defense_complex_in_Poland
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many of you kids in Sup Forums fell for the trump-chan meme? Cause this is wholesomely unsurprising. Cruz would've been worse I guess.

What about Bernie?

>not Jeb!

For what fucking purpose?
>muh small gubmint
>replace it with greedy corporations that will gladly take your money and provide subpar service

Honestly, I think it's just the newfags who fell for the stormfront memes. Have you met one of these fags irl? I did at my college, nigger couldn't stop talking about "stomping out libtards" and bashing on anything that wasn't political shit.

Literally nowhere in the article says if these "net neutrality" laws are good or bad. I still have no idea of what's happening.

I think they long stopped caring about small government. Some of those fags have become borderline fascist if they haven't become one yet. All they care now is to piss over liberals and minorities, and to work in factories (which is funny because they're still outsourcing).

>I'm sick and tired of politicians being beholden to the all-mighty dollar

"I agr-"

>Let's replace them WITH the all-mighty dollar

but trump said he was against lobbying

>against lobbying
>appoints lobbyists directly to his cabinet

> All they care now is to piss over liberals and minorities
This 100%. Most of the Trump supporters that I've met couldn't care less about the fact that Trump has no long term plans to fulfil any of his goals, rather they voted against Democrat policies like Obamacare because 'Obamacare is bad mkay'.

Have you looked at his cabinet at all? Most of his picks are CEOs, or Republican figureheads, he's practically pulling all the stops to be the most establishment president possible.

>Ajit Pai
These fucking pajeet won't rest until they have ruined everything tech related, eh?

Rex Tillerson? I don't think he's bad. It's just unfortunate that Trump himself has said nothing about net neutrality on his website, he has most of his positions there but nothing about this.

>Have you looked at his cabinet at all? Most of his picks are CEOs, or Republican figureheads, he's practically pulling all the stops to be the most establishment president possible.
But when you look at his positions, they are in line with everything he's said until now in campaign. You cannot accuse him of backtracking when this donaldjtrump.com/policies/ has pretty much remained untouched.
The problem is that there's literally nothing about net neutrality in there.

No that I really care about this, ISPs are already the furthest thing from transparent in my country.

Honestly I feel as though it's because it's one of the few things that the reddit agrees is a good thing. If he said right off the bat that he's getting rid of net neutrality, it'd be hard for those faggots at the_donald to spin that or ignore it like they usually do.

Thought I'm retarded when it comes to politics so it's all just dumb conjecture.

He's against lobbyists in the sense that he's removing the middle man and giving corporate interests a direct feed to washington

Anybody who has payed attention to Donald's character and history up until this point saw this coming. #draintheswamp was just a flourish.

>one of the few things that the reddit agrees is a good thing
Yeah well, I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever want hidden fees, data caps, throttled speed, etc. It's pure unadulterated good ol' lobbying and if the Rs slash neutrality I (and many others) will feel very let down by Trump.

>Rex Tillerson? I don't think he's bad.
Yeah, totally reasonable to have a man who has done $500B oil deals with russia in charge of our international policy with russia.

Totally no conflicts of interest there.

Or his shell company in the bahamas that have direct links to russian Oil companies, again, no reason that could be a conflict of interest.

>But when you look at his positions, they are in line with everything he's said until now in campaign.
So appointing establishment politicians is now anti-establishment? Holy shit user, you're a genius, if only I could have seen that beforehand and it would have all made sense.

Rex a establishment politician? He's neither from the establishment nor was he ever a politician until now.

Exactly, which is why Trump's not saying anything about it. Right now it's pretty obvious that Net Neutrality's gonna take a huge blow when he takes the office, and it's one of the few things the cucks at /r/The_Donald can't spin into something positive, or ignore it like they do with everything negative about Trump.

It's just gonna silently happen, people will make a big fuss over it for a month or two, then it'll get forgotten entirely.

I'm confused, isn't being a rich scheming businessman the same as being part of the establishment or does the definition change whenever it's convenient?

I can believe the main thing that would come from remove net neutrality would be just like wireless carriers have now; you have a data cap but certain sites will not count against it

Have you literally never watched any news program before, or do you take pride in being blissfully ignorant?

See

It's literally semantics. "Oh, Trump's not part of the POLITICAL establishment, so he's anti-establishment!".

It's hilarious looking back at how so many Trump supporters called Hilary a corporate shill, but then they go ahead and elect the biggest corporate shill there ever was. Like, I hate Hilary as much as the next guy but I'm glad I never ended up as deluded as some of the Trump supporters I've seen.

So he was a politician, gotcha. When did he assume whatever position he was in? Surely you will be able to provide a source.

And doing deals with Russia or any other country doesn't make him part of the establishment. If it did any businessman would be a part.

His policies were never anything but arbitrary authoritarianism. You didn't understand that monopolists are a natural fit to carry out the business of ruling in their own interests?
The Democrats represent the outsiders -- government for the actual People.

>he's a politician and a businessman but he definitely isn't establishment

>doing deals with Russia
Doing deals with Russia is one thing, doing deals worth billions of dollars directly with PUTINS privately owned oil company, and then being put in charge of our international policy months later?

Yeah that's TOTALLY not suspect.

>Trump a corporate shill
>Running a business on your name
>Having all major decisions of the company rely solely on you instead of a bunch of bureaucrats
>corporate shill

Nice one friend-o

good job trumplets

Seriously, how thick are you? There's this cool thing called a 'conflict of interest', and it's typically frowned upon when you have a conflict of interest. And, you were the one to bring Rex into this, not me, I was merely pointing you to someone who had already outlined why Rex is a bad fit for a government position.

Hillary was a terrible candidate for being of the party that's 'for the people'. Trump had some all right policy positions regarding tariffs and economic protectionism. Granted, Trump has business ties overseas so I wouldn't expect him to act against his own personal interest.

you dont understand the crux of the argument if you honestly think there is a difference between a corporation using a board to decide to fuck over the american ppl vs a corrupt single person ordering his underlings to do the same thing.

Kys fucking cuck

Why do you SJWs hate white people?

>STOP HAVING A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH A FORMERLY HUGE ENEMY WHO COULD VAPORIZE US IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO

???

and people are worried because the next logical step is pic related.
The big media co's will push it through cause "adblockers are ruining the internet!!"
And any sort of independent less-censored website (like the chans) won't exist because the fee to get into the game will be like $100,000
Then we'll make a new internet but it'll be slow as shit while the average joe happily browses CNN at blistering speed but dares not type an offensive comment because his account is tied to his isp and he doesn't want to lose one of the 12 websites he's allowed to visit.

>SJWs hate white people
Why does it matter if they're white or not?

In my mind people are people. Why would you fuck over any people?

....what?

We can have a good relationship with russia and NOT personally fill ours and putins pockets...

You're giving putin literally millions of dollars directly into a company he OWNS.

You're also telling me my secretary of state making off like a FUCKING bandit from these deals is also A-okay.

Should these deals benefit the AMERICAN PEOPLE? Not the men in charge?

>White pride is bad but every other type of racial pride is fine
leftist logic

>the one thing Trump was serious about was net neutrality
>but everything else he said he was going to he doesn't care about

man this fucking sucks. I voted for Trump because at the time, he was definitely the better of the two evils.But now we're here. Congratulations everyone, we're fucked

I never said white pride was bad, I also never said other racial pride was good.

In my eyes people are people and racial pride is retarded. In 100 years most people will be mutts anyway, who gives a fuck about race?

ctrl + f "minorities" the post. You literally didn't rebut any of my points at all, and nowhere did I mention minorities other than a quote, retard.

I don't give a shit about crackers, nor do I give a shit about niggers, chinks, gooks, sandniggers, curryfuckers, or any other race. Every group has retards in it, just like you. Fuck off you dickless braindead niggerfaggot.

ok bud keep fighting the power there

>implying you SJWs can even make coherent points to rebut

better start learning russian, I heard the new secret police force trump is setting up only operates in russian to prevent any SJWs from listening in on raid plans.

No one gets mad if you want to show pride for being Irish, German, Italian, etc. We even have festivals stemming from white cultures, like Saint Patrick's Day, Oktoberfest, etc. It's just that "white pride" is rhetoric thrown around by white supremacists. Be a little more specific and you'll be fine. You don't even have to list an ethnicity, you can even just be proud of being American, or from wherever you're from.

shhh, how else is the uneducated white male supposed to feel oppressed?

...You do know we were actually at the brink of war due to a missile blockade in Eastern Europe, right? Designed specifically with a war in Russia in mind?

I don't mind a politician getting rich if it means not getting nuked.

This was my post faggot, and nowhere did I act like a SJW in any of what I said.

>say that Trump voters are borderline fascists who voted for an idiot because he promises to piss over the political opposition and random people who have different skin
>therefore I hate white people
Chill bro, I got white friends.

Good. Maybe you'll have to pay to use Sup Forums at full speed. Might increase the quality of posts too.

>being a white supremacist is wrong
>but being a black supremacist is perfectly fine
Why are leftists hate their own race?

>people voted for Obama and Clinton to shit on white people
>you SJWs applaud them

I don't know what is the scarier thought, ISPs starting to do this shit out in the open, or people just numbingly accepting this as the new standard

>at the brink of war
LOL
We decided not to put the missile shield in eastern Europe back in 2009. If they're STILL upset about that, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, you've been drinking far too much of the alt-right koolaid if you legti think we were almost at open war with russia.

Just how if hillary were elected it would have meant instant war with russia right? I've been hearing that fairy tale for months from the right and it's just retarded fear mongering, Hillary and Obama have spent the past 8 years NOT going to war with russia, but suddenly, right when it's time for the election, we are hovering at the BRINK of war, and the ONLY people who really know, are the alt-right because the "establishment" wants to keep us down right?

Just think through the scenario, you've obviously bought into the propaganda, you need to look at ALL the information, and decide what is actually happening based on all the evidence, not just one side that you WANT to be right.

Yes, BLM has such widespread support.
>one extreme is bad
>so the other one is fine
Are you diagnosed with borderline personality disorder?

>Are you diagnosed with borderline personality disorder?
>says the faggots whose ideology and party is based around getting rid of white people

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System

???

you have no idea how to hold an actual argument.

You're literally making an argument with yourself since we aren't saying the things you want us to say.

No one here has said shit about BLM being good or bad, but according to you we've all already said being a black supremacist is perfectly fine.

Why not stick to actual facts and attack the words we write instead of making things up that you THINK an SJW would say.

>Why not stick to actual facts and attack the words we write instead of making things up that you THINK an SJW would say.
Because we all know what you SJWs believe

The fear was that Hillary would fulfil her promise of instituting an American no-fly zone over Syria. And, by the very nature of a no-fly zone you have to shoot down any non-American planes if they fly into that no-fly zone. And, since Russia never retracted their commitment to flying air missions in Syria, there was the potential for war with Russia if the US committed and were to shoot down any Russia aircraft.

Aegis is not intended for ICBMs, it could in theory be used against them, but testing shows it probably wouldnt work great.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_missile_defense_complex_in_Poland

That's the ACTUAL missile shield project that should have been put in Poland that russia was scared of because it would have actually had a chance of working against ICBMs

The AEGIS system is designed and meant to intercept normal non-nuclear ballistic missiles.

Member when Sup Forums was vaguely anarcho-libertarian and not overran with new Sup Forums's shitty proto-fascists?

I miss those days.

Not the guy you're talking to, but you're seriously backing yourself into a corner with all this SJW business. It isn't a go-to phrase, buddy.

You're not even really arguing with him, you're just sort of quoting what he says then calling him an SJW. No effort.

Careful user, you'll bring out the newfags who think Sup Forums is for le edgy right wing underground movements. Fucking chanology was the downfall of this website, political content shouldn't ever have been posted on the world meme database.

...Right, but there's still a missile defense system located in Poland.

???

Oh please, the idea hillary would just day 1 blanket no fly zone with zero warning to russia and no levels of grey is RETARDED.

She has been working with russia for fucking YEARS, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell she would have let that happen. It would 100% have been a negotiated no-fly zone, and IF russia did end up breaking it, the US would give an excuse as to why it didn't shoot them down, strongly worded rhetoric about russian aggression, and more economic sanctions against russia. Hillary didn't want a war, she just wanted reasons to put more and more sanctions on russia to stop their military development by killing their economy.

>I don't mind a politician getting rich if it means not getting nuked.

Well I don't think it's hard or too demanding to want a president that doesn't turn the country into Kleptocracy just because they want to be friends with Putin.

No there isn't, if you even read your own link you'd see it doesn't go online until 2018

and again, if this is to prevent ICBM launches, the AEGIS system is incapable of handling that threat.

>Sup Forums has always been my politically correct feminist hugbox!!
you SJWS are insane

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just wording what they though Hillary would do.

take it to /qa/ you faggots, you're the only ones ruining the website

>Sup Forums has always been about politics!!!1one!
You niggers are new.

>completely sidestepping what I said

Seems par for the course for retarded faggot Sup Forumslacks.

>politically correct
>feminist
>hugbox
>SJW

None of this was ever implied. 7/10 I took the bait.

What's the point of "net neutrality" anyway?

Oh I know, i've seen the propaganda too, it's laughable that they think that was actually a possibility though.

It's how we get kids in alabama and other such states literally believing hillary clinton eats children. The far right will say literally anything to discredit hillary, and they've been doing it for decades.

The worst part is, as a liberal, she has PLENTY legitimately bad with her that there is no reason to make shit up, but they do it anyway.

>implying there's a difference in attitudes regarding free speech and safe spaces between SJW types and you faggots

Thanks for proving the existence of the Horseshoe theory for me you abject retard.

In a nutshell, ISPs can't give favors to or package deals with websites, allowing the internet to be more like what we have now and not like the TV/landline packages Comcast and AT&T sell.

It's the idea that no single connection should have priority over another. In other words, if you have a 10mb/s connection every website has the potential to utilize all 10mb/s. Without net neutrality, ISPs can create abitrary restrictions upon the speed of any given website or connection.

you're off-topic shitposting. This isn't a meta thread.

If you want to talk about it, go to /qa/ or start a Sup Forums meta thread since we don't have one, fucker.

So do you want to talk about the OP or are you gonna keep complaining about the Sup Forums boogeyman

...But it's being built right now, right?

???

>Ajit Pai

Fucking pajeets and other variations of *jeet.

Net neutrality means ISPs can't favor certain packets over others.

Without net neutrality you could potentially have a situation where netflix counts against your monthly data cap and they throttle your connection speed to 15mbps, but since HBO pays your ISP $10M a year, you can watch HBO online without it counting against your data cap, and at your full bitrate since it is a "preferred" service.

It basically lets your ISP double and triple dip from not only your pockets, but from other corporations as well.

What the fuck is your point? Poland is a NATO country. We should be able to put literally whatever the fuck we want and Russia shouldn't have any say in the matter.

>Pai Ajit
Can't make this shit up.

To allow for competition and prevent ISPs from segregating their networks into basic and premium cable packages

Like somebody decided to make an Ace Attorney villain for Sup Forums

I'll do both, thankyouverymuch :^)

On the topic on hand - this is just par for the course. Trumpo has been stacking his cabinet unabashed corporatists (Mnuchin's appointment proves this). This is a typical Republican administration that's disguised as some populist bullshit and I'm not surprised something like Net Neutrality would be one of the first things on the chopping block come 20 January.

You fucked yourself, congratulations.

Good job, faggot.

Trump made it clear what his intentions were from the beginning, it's all on you if you elected him anyway.

>these SJWs think that saint hillary would've been better

Well what was my option? Clinton was a fucking disaster, 3rd party options were all shit, Trump was shit. I basically just picked what I found to be the worst and congratulations, it's just as shit

>le SJW boogeyman is everyone who you disagree with
back to your containment board retard

Nigger, not a single person voted because 'obamacare is bad'. They did it because hillary is a horrid cunt.

Please tell me that you're going to spend the next four years saying "but Hillary!" in response to every fuckup this buffoon makes.

Dude you know he is. No sense of self-awareness.