Guts

/guts/
Velcro mounting edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H9nZWEekm9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

will you stop posting your shit build

Absolutely not. There was no other thread. If you don't want my ancient case and mismatched motherboard in the OP keep a thread up yourself.

why must you continue to post your sad build

I see it every fucking day

yes we all know you had the case before blah blah

your build is still shit

and you should be more self aware

don't post it any more

it's not only the case

your selection of parts is so fucking uninspired and dull that I don't understand why you think any would want to looks upon your mistakes

I see! But that is where you're wrong. The selection of parts was extremely wise because it is capable of doing what I want it to do. The 500gb triactor SSD gets great benchmarks and only cost $113. The motherboard is sufficient and only cost $50. The gtx 1060 6gb has the worst cooler in existence yet runs under 80c at 2.1ghz without throttling. The 64gb ssd iss ancient and the 500gb hdd is salvaged. So you see I made very practical choices.

In all of the years I've had this case this is also the best I've ever had the cables.

So why don't you show up my shit and uninspired build with your own build?

please go tell your mom you did a good job

My mommy died when I was 11 and my daddy died when I was 15. So instead I like to show the technology board on Sup Forums that I did a good job! I've been living all on my own since I turned 18 almost 6 whole years ago! Isn't that something??

This computer has very nice guts. I enjoy the very dense combination of parts in a small case.

that's what you want?
that's why you post?

listen your build is boring and dull

period

if you want someone to reaffirm your delusional idea that you did a good job,

here; "wow of I wish my autism was at your end of the spectrum so I could build a computer with no creativity, good job, thanks for inspiring me"

now never post again

and you're parents are lucky they died , it spared them the shame of your post

is that a fucking v for vendetta mask?

Maybe you don't understand how people work but when you go this far out of your way to tell someone to stop doing something they are very likely to do it even more.
It's a shame I didn't decide to buy asus and msi parts that are all black and red and light up and shit I guess.
Hell yeah! It's my anonymous mask!

These guts are very inspiring. This person has wonderful taste in electronics.

no
normal people understand social scenarios

just like when the law tells it's citizens to use their seat belts you don't have an increase of drivers who don't use them

but you're autistic

it's not your fault just please don't post your build any more

and I wasn't complimenting you on the mask

That's a flawed analogy because the government has the ability to enforce laws where as you are powerless.

Now let's see some computer internals!

nice

What is the second and smaller GPU for? Your fans are very nice and look really high end. I believe I linked your build to a friend once because I enjoyed the almost matte-black look so much. 9/10

Thanks! The second GPU is mostly to run one of my two analog monitors since the 780 only has a single analog port. I also have used it as a PhysX card.

I forgot about dedicated physx cards. Is that still relevant at all? Any performance increase?

Also, question, that's a very very high end motherboard. I can tell just from the looks. Yet it's still z170, not x99. Why did you choose it? Is there a certain feature it had that the 100-150 usd boards don't have or was it just for the aesthetics?

same monitor configuration brofist

Hardly any performance gains having the dedicated card, kinda depends on the game though.

As for the mobo it was partially an aesthetic choice and partially because I would like to do a custom loop in the future and want to take advantage of the built in VRM waterblock.

Nice, I got the 2 Dells for $15 lol

Second card is probably for PhysX

Get out, faggot.

I am going to go out of my way to post that picture as much as possible. Why don't you contribute to the thread?

One day I hope to see yours custom cooled.

Who /silent/ here?

>I also have used it as a PhysX card.
That actually decreases performance in all games no GPUs post fermi.

>triactor SSD
Will die in a year
>The gtx 1060 6gb has the worst cooler in existence yet runs under 80c at 2.1ghz without throttling.
This is a lie. Also, enjoy your jet engine
>The 64gb ssd iss ancient
Will fail soon
>and the 500gb hdd is salvaged
WIll fail soon, jet engine, slow

Even for a poorfag you didn't do well

Can't wait for the case I want. Bumping thread with older guts.

Does my SSD attached to another SSD with thermal tape count?

>Thermal tape

Close enough, and smart.

I'm positive that the new SSD is fine. If my old one lasted 25464 hours so far, this one will be fine. Maybe the 60gb SSD will fail, but I'm sure it's provisioned correctly and has a few years left in it. Either way a 120gb SSD is what like $35 now? The HDD saw maybe a month of use in my laptop before I replaced it with an SSD and threw it in the desktop, it's basically brand new and has only 48 days of on time so far. Pic related is the smart info from the HDD and the SSD from Jan 2011 as well as my GPU settings that I've been using since the summer. Yes, it's loud, but it performs extremely well for a card that retails for $250. I would have bought the SC version but it wasn't in stock.
Anyway, I'm not sure why you're so upset. I spent like $1300 on my last build in 2011 and it wasn't worth it so I'm not going to waste money I don't have to. I have almost $5000 in cash after paying bills and eating every year and I spend none of it, ever. This was simply the build for me.

Absolutely gorgeous. How much did you spend for the loop? How often do you need to do maintenance on it? I assume you were able to overclock significantly higher on the GPU's and CPU than without it?
Ah, yes, the black and white meme. It looks nice. I found a thread a few weeks ago that showed that AIO gpu loop+AIO cpu loop was very close to a custom loop. I guess custom loop can vary a lot though depending on the pump and rad. It looks nice, though. I don't think buying Samsung is a great idea anymore since so many drives are able to saturate sata at lower prices and maintain similar IOPs. Jealous of your m2 ssd.
Perfection.

I only had the build assembled for about 6 months before disassembling it. After trying various radiators and some different configurations, I just wasn't able to keep a few certain parts cool enough. The CPU and GPU remained relatively cool with some good headroom, but the motherboard and HDD (with heat soak and lack of real ventillation) got up to temperatures of around 65-70C, with stock clocks. The max recommended temperature for the HDD was somewhere around 60C, and I also wanted an NVMe SSD which would have constantly backed/throttled. So, I disassembled it, and just went balls-out and upgraded to this.

youtu.be/H9nZWEekm9c

what kind of graphics card is that?

Not him, but they're like GTX 900 series cards.

Looks like SLI GTX 980's or 970's, probably 980's though.

You are some kind of animal. How can you have such huge gaps between your screens.

I'm gonna be sick.

I am quite the masochist. I take pride in being able to endure that which others may not be able to.

Gonna switch to a Corsair 570X first

Quite a nice case! I'm looking forward to seeing one.

Just changing out the stock fan for a silentwings 2 in my sisters minecraft machine

The cooler master fan is about 3mm thinner so the litle pressure pins dont work to mount it, so its held on with glue dots

Which works pretty well, no vibration and i sure as fuck cant pull it off

>athlon 5350
>ecs kam1-i
>16gb ddr3 1866mhz ram
>zotac 750ti
>apvexia 450w psu
>cooler master elite 110

This is like having a giant warehouse apartment entirely empty apart from a mattress on the floor and a tv sitting on a cardboard box in a corner.

I had a Silver Stone Raven 2 it was amazing i just wished what i knew now about full size cases then. Ive always liked the way the fortress series looks.

I still have the case laying around. I'm strongly considering doing a build in it. Modding out the HDD cages and putting in a 3x180mm radiator

That would be pretty awesome.

Yeah. Just involves some case mods. The case is also pretty old and beat up, so, I don't know if I want to commit to it lol

oh i see. My old build got a new case and psu since.

Can that fit a 360 on the side? You should definitely do a custom loop.

No there was only room for a 120mm fan for my kraken x31. It wasn't running to well ever since i got my new case its so much better.

Would love to see more angles of this

I got 2 right now. My main build which is about as clean as I can make a non-liquid build...

..And my sleeper LAN party/semi-portable build.

Dumping begins.

Man, so close to quints.

One more.

>Intel i5
What the fuck? Could you not even spring for the i7? Are you that poor? It is like $100 more.

>DDR3
Even more disgusting. Get some DDR3Ls are DDR4s. RAM is cheap.

If I had the choice to be wealthy but turn into such a retard like you, I'd voluntarily quit my job, get my coat, burn down my house on the way out and live on the streets, just to avoid that happening.

I think I'll probably still be on an i5 when I upgrade in a year or two. 2014 wasn't too long ago as far as CPU stuff.

>RAM is cheap.

So is your mom and you're the only one that's not fucking her.

>Are you that poor?
Let's see your system's specs bigshot ;)

Why the hell did you rip off that front panel? Just buy an NZXT S340 or something jeez

The RAM chips are DDR4. Getting and i7-6200 to upgrade soon too. This whole rig only cost me $550. If I can do it, a poorfag like you can too.

Pointless name-calling without addressing what I said. Typical Sup Forums.

When there are models that are getting twice the benchmarks it is.

Even more pointless of a post than that other fuckhead. Yes, RAM is cheap. You can get a bag of the chips for like $200. It is the easiest and cheapest upgrade you can possibly do. It just requires basic knowledge of computers. Oh wait, I am on Sup Forums. No one here knows anything about computers and just buys prebuilts and gets google images of rigs.

Hello Brother

I'm not him. This is my build.

Some people just don't have the cash to upgrade dude.

TWO AIO'S

TRIGGER ME TIMBERS

gutsu desu

If you meant to quote:
with reference to not having money, like I said, it is super cheap to buy RAM. You can buy a decent 4GB stick of it to add (making sure it is the same timing as your current RAM) and plug it in for like $10-20. It is the same price as a carton of cigarettes or some decent beer. Most people have $100 in loose change just laying around their house. It is just people here are uneducated in how to do a basic upgrade and too infected with NEET to ever have the drive to learn.

hey guys what do you reckon is better
>atx board in atx case
>micro atx board in atx case
>micro atx in micro atx case
i have micro atx board and case atm and its a little bit cramped with sata cables but atx seems like a massive unit

Most people can honestly be fine with ITX builds.

atx in atx case for sure. The best airflow. Micro atx is just meh and the case is just as meh.

You do realize that you are getting baited, redditor

did I make a mistake using too much ram?

I have four gigs installed, but I think two could have saved me some money

4 is pretty much the minimum you want to have. RAM is super cheap. Never go under 4GB.

>not enough RAM
>asks if too much

Just you with 8. Two 4GB sticks if you have 4 slots

Liquid cooling done right. Gaudy light choice though.

The purple leds hidden behind the edge is really nice, but im not sure how well it works with the blue of the coolant

>edge
Nice choice of wording there. Fits perfectly.

That's freaking gorgeous. What GPUs are those and what kind of liquid-cooling setup is that?

>TRIGGER ME TIMBERS
Not the owner of that PC but the Fury X only comes with an AIO. Also what's wrong with 2 AIOs?

>Also what's wrong with 2 AIOs?
Leave Sup Forums and never come back.

The was the psu is secured looks precarious as fuck.

That is a lucid, intelligent, well-thought-out reason right there. Seriously curious though. Not that I'm using 2 AIOs, I use the nh d14 and the mk 26

Nice! Currently have the FT05 myself, just wish these silverstone cases had more cable management support.

>RAM is super cheap
No, it's not. RAM went up in price a fuck lot since spring when it used to be $40-$50 for 16GB, now it's $80-$110 for 16GB.

>Liquid cooling done right.