Seen someone at work do this today...

Seen someone at work do this today. I told them you can just send the document to the printer and she asked " Whats the printers email address"

On another note, How can I get a bunch of IP addresses? I know a VPN will give you a new IP but what if i wanted to switch between a bunch of ip addresses? For example If I wanted to write a bot to generate ad revenue, I would have it change mac and IP every time the ad was viewed.

Just curious, If anyone has some insight on this subject.

In all fairness, my printer has an email address that you can print documents to if you're not on the network.

I can guarantee someone in the early 90s made a photocopy of a 5.25" floppy because someone asked them to make them a copy of the disk.

You can't guarantee that

A lot of printers have email addresses

really? that is actually pretty cool! I would like to know how it handles that and how secure it is. Like if I sent a 10 thousand page document to it, would it just start printing lol

To be honest, I don't think its very secure at all. That being said, it'll only add a job to the queue if the printer is online. Very convenient if you need to run home to print something to have it waiting for you when you get there.

huh, Learn something new every day. Although I will probably stick with using a vpn to connect to my network then just rdp into a computer I need the document printed from. Easily done with any smart phone.

He definitely can; I don't think you realize just how stupid people are.

I can confirm I did this with a compact disk back in the day but only as a joke so chances are it was done with floppy as well. Sneakernet was the only way back then and the look on there face when they opened the case to a paper CD was priceless.

Printers do have email addresses that you can send things to and get printed though matey.

>I know a VPN will give you a new IP but what if i wanted to switch between a bunch of ip addresses? For example If I wanted to write a bot to generate ad revenue, I would have it change mac and IP every time the ad was viewed.

Any VPN worth its salt will allow you to choose between servers in different countries. Each of them will give you a different IP.

So did you tell her the printers email address? Why did you end the story there.

That printer did not have one, In fact at time of posting I had no idea you could assign an email to one and don't think i ever would just because I don't want spam getting printed XD

So did you tell her to just connect to the network then? Did she have permissions? What is the resolution of the story.

Also was the woman hot?

Some corporate printers make use of email you fucking retard

I use a few VPN's all of witch have the ability to switch to different locations but that is like 30 IP's well I am looking for at least hundreds if not thousands. Correct me if I am wrong but from my experience, when you connect to the same location even after connecting to another one, you will still be given the same ip as the last time you connected, Well at least that is what I have noticed from the services I use.

program up a script that uses tor socks problem solved

no she was not hot, but all the ipads have the ability to print on the network so I just showed her how.

>Seen someone at work do this today.
>reverse image search
>it's a joke picture from 2010
epic, op. simply epic for the win.

would you mind going into more detail, or dropping a link? socks is a bit confusing to me, however I can make a script all day. tor is easy but I am not sure how to integrate socks threw it into my script.

Then I do not understand the story. Do I congratulate you on informing your colleague? I can't imagine you slept with her if she was not attractive. Or maybe you are feeling regret for sleeping with her because she isn't attractive?

the pic has a watermark at bottom, did not claim the pic to be her doing it, it is just a visual aid.

I would definitely have regret if I had slept with her, but not over her appearance, more from a crushed pelvis.

not looking for gratz, just wanted to share that people do this and expect it to work.

But it did work. She successfully photocopied her iPad.

yes that is true lol

However the text on the screen was not legible on paper :) but it was a nice iPad pic XDXD

backlit and self-lit displays don't scan for shit, as scanners shine a bright light on the document, it's like what you'd get trying to look at such a screen outside on a sunny day

Are* school printers send scanned in files to your account via email?
But yh that's still hilarious

Check your router configuration, most probably (if you're in a home network that is) it's using PPPoE which in short means that your home LAN, even though it uses a 256-address space internally, uses but one global IP (and the router uses NAT to multiplex the connections).
That means you can't.
It may only work if you're on a network with a reserved global address space. In such case, you're limited to the address range of the network as well. In such case you can simply make a cronjob that periodically changes the IP address and restarts the service. But be careful not to use addresses assigned to other devices on the network (I really don't know what happens then)

>from a crushed pelvis.
Dude, just don't let fat chicks on top. It's pretty simple. No need to pass on a free bang.

Do you host the ad?