The total cost of the actual 30-year service life of the shuttle program through 2011, adjusted for inflation...

The total cost of the actual 30-year service life of the shuttle program through 2011, adjusted for inflation, was $196 billion

Today, it's a challenge to name technological advances seen in everyday life that were a direct result of the work done on the space shuttle program.

Did we waste our time?

You're wrong. Any demented child can google and find out the technological benefits from the Shuttle Program.

That figure is irrelevant considering the amount of money spent by the government on meaningless shit. Science doesn't need to be done for profit only you pinhead. This is a garbage thread, even if you're a dumb troll.

ok then name something besides memory foam and fabrics......

>advancements in aerodynamics
>advancements in tire technology

There's two that still massively benefit the automotive industry. Kindly fuck off.

what a horse shit response. how much better are tires now than in 1981? how can you say tire makers wouldnt advance development on their own for ...you know... profit.

also if you know anything about the space shuttles you know they are not aerodynamic at all and they are refereed to as bricks by NASA when talking about their aerodynamic drag coefficient.

>how much better are tires now than in 1981?
is this a joke?

If you don't like the idea of going into space... you can go fuck off.

Like, seriously. I don't wanna be stuck on this rock when the sun explodes or some other shit goes bad, or when people destroy the world with nukes or whatever.

Fuck, actually I'd love to leave right the fuck now, but can't afford to / we aren't there yet tech wise.

Space. SPACE!
Wanna go to space...
SPAAAACCCE....
SPACE!

Not sure if he's stupid or 'just pretending to be stupid'. We should probably ignore him now.

the sun has 500M years of life left.......

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking underage idiot?

The cost didn't drop
they still go flat unless you get pricey run flats
They grip better but don't last as long if they do.

How can you say the SSP gave us this when over the course of 35 years Tire manufactures would have just developed this on their own?

Kinda funny that no one is naming a specific great thing or specific aspect of technology we got directly from the space shuttle

kinda funny.... just saying.

Fine fucker:

Better solar panels
Better baby food
Chemical detection sensors
Certain types of LEDs for fucks's sake.

There's a bunch more. But again, if you don't like space, you can kindly fuck off.

196 Billion to get that. Wow. Pathetic.

Funding research for that directly would be exponentially more effective.

Wait wait wait... two more things I have to say:

Yes, memory foam is fucking awesome. If you've ever had a back injury you probably know just how fucking nice that shit is.

Also, the whole concept of a 'smart device' like your fucking 'smart microwave' or 'smart doorbell' or 'smart refrigerator'; any web controlled device actually, was first done by the shuttle program / ISS stuff.

>Thinking research into how to get into space is useless.
>Thinking 196 Billion over 30 years is a lot of money for a government program.
Fuck, the NSA just spent that this year probably spying on what I'm typing right now. And that's not even giving me a more comfortable pillow / mattress.

NO no it wasnt. Where are people getting this bullshit from?

(you)
What the fuck are you on about

STS was dumb and expensive.

>GPS and satellite transmission isn't a thing
This is what the money went to, but the moon was just a dickwaving move for politicians

you're fucking dumb and expensive
what have you done in this life to justify your worthless existance on this earth?
you can do your own research, and if you can't you're even more worthless than i had already presumed.

>the moon was just a dickwaving move for politicians

Well is was also the friendly public relations face of continuing ICBM development.

wew m80 is your dad a Representative

FIX
OR
REPAIR
DAILY

FIX
OT
RGAIN
DONY

The space program isn't about advancing technology for your every day life you fucking idiot.
It's to learn shit and eventually colonize the galaxy.
"did we waste our time, money, etc"
Why do idiots have such a problem with SCIENCE? There are much worse things we are spending our money on RIGHT NOW.