Sup Forums, what tool do you use to draw graphs and diagrams?

Sup Forums, what tool do you use to draw graphs and diagrams?

I personally enjoy draw.io/ (and especially its desktop client).

Is there some hidden gem that I am unaware of? I've tried Visual Paradigm, but I wasn't very fond of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Yed graph
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GIMP

GIMP works for graph drawing?

How?

tikz

PlantUML

Tikz is pretty good for standard trees but I've always found it pretty lacking in terms of customization.

Matlab

Dia

Dia is what they recommended at my university, but I've found it far inferior to draw.io.

libreoffice draw, inkscape

I use inkscape

Pic related, over 9000 hours in inkscape. Wish I had something better

That seems like something easy to make in draw.io

What are the main advantages of inkscape?

Well,

1. I have it installed
2. it doesn't require a shitty web interface to use.

That alone is enough for me to use it over draw.io

draw.io has a desktop client though.

Well it's not in my repos. Based on this, and the fact that the screenshot looks disgustingly ugly, I'm going to assume this is proprietary software - in which case no thanks, but I'll stick to inkscape.

yED

It's a chrome webapp.

umlet
It gets the job done quick and easy.
I don't really need more than it provides.

I don't draw diagrams very often, but I used Tikz within LaTeX a few times in university.

I've never heard of this one

yEd is pretty cool.

It's GPLv3 apparently

Visio and Graphviz

Yes is the best one, mindscape is good for certain things

What's yed?

lmgtfy.com/?q=Yed graph

>You can't ask about technology here this is Sup Forums!

How about you google your way back to facebook, friend?

Does it work fully offline and is it free as in beer?

xfig

umlet is also nice if you need UML

it's still JS garbage

I bet you use Atom too

Yes. All features work 100% offline, except viewing a diagram exported to HTML, as that makes use of a webviewer.

>It's still JS garbage

Being too dumb to use Node.js is not a crime, user. I forgive you.

node is even worse than the usual js shit

whoever thought it would be a good idea to have server-side JS should be shot

Visual Paradigm is ok, definitely a good piece of software. My problem with UML in general is that is nearly impossible to design a good system without actually writing the code. And when you start writing it you suddenly stop giving a shit about constantly updating the UML every time you make a change so it quickly becomes stale. Good tool to boost team efficiency, but in my experience it seriously hinders your progress when working alone

>hidden gem
You took a wrong turn somewhere.

Yeah, keep using Java like the cuck you are.

>implying I use Java
Although even Java is better since it's not retarded dynamic weak typing shit, not limited to a single thread, and doesn't have ridiculously awful error handling.

HTML files can be open offline and will work fine unless they have online dependencies, which I doubt a simple diagram would have.

Like I said: saving a diagram as HTML actually just saves a HTML file with an iframe in it that loads the draw.io web viewer to show the actual diagram from the saved XML.

I use Draw.io, Lucid Chart, and Easely for my diagramming.

Lucid Chart is the best of them, but I have the Pro subscription. If you want free Draw.io is the way to go.