Anybody here have Windows 10? Is it as bad as they say?

Anybody here have Windows 10? Is it as bad as they say?

I do
It is

I've used it for ~a year and it's fine. If you're not a retarded 7-year-old you can disable the "spyware" shit and it's not as bad as these cucks would have you believe anyway.

Yes
Nothing by itself is *too* terrible, but the little shit adds up. I get a lot more crashes than W7, updates have broken my computer 3 times forcing me to downgrade, the control panel is fucked, auto hide the task bar doesn't work most of the time (making me press the windows button instead of just move my mouse), updates keep closing all the shit I have open when they restart my computer in the middle of the night, and the list goes on. I wish I stayed with 7

If you disable all the botnet and delete the default crap apps
it runs pretty well

Yes it is. It isn't even about spyware, it's about complete lack of control you have over your own fucking computer you inbreed retard.

Yes. You _could_ try to set it up the way you like, but it doesn't matter. Every time there is a big update it will reset most of your settings.

Also a lot of the setting buttons are placebo. You can disable something in the configuration screen, register, group policies and delete the executables, but next time you boot your PC it will be exactly how Microsoft likes it.

Just posted this in an older thread, post it here as well

Still very buggy, randomly forgets settings, randomly installs crapware, pushes adds even if you turn off the options for it, the store apps run and feel like if they're virtualized or running in an unoptimalised sandbox... The entire system is like a spyware/adware platform disguised as an os.

>forgets
Sure. It "forgets" you disabled spying and adware.

I tried Windows 10 on my new Thinkpad for one day.
I quite liked it.

But then I wiped the SSD and installed Arch like the good Sup Forumsoy I am.

I just don't get all the windows 10 hate, it's almost the same as windows 7 just with a more modern gui design.
I just unistall all the bloatware(all the modern apps) and install classic shell, and haven't notice any major improvement or disadvantage from windows 7.

It's anything from real good to real bad.
Try it and judge for yourself. Sup Forums will never reach a consensus on this

Made me switch to linux

if it is, then why the fuck do you have w10.

I like it, and sadly need it for 3d & 2d editing options, hyperthread pass through will be done for my next workstation but for now I am alright with it. The bash + powershell gives you lots of fun options that i quite like...

Once you un-gimp it and uninstall & block the right things, it's probably the most decent release they've done, I find it runs great on my hardware after it's been tweaked

I like having Microfuck's big digital benis up my drivepussy!

Comes with literal spyware. Adwcleaner has found several tracking-entries from registry on three pc's. All of them related to force-fed facebook-app.

Since when do apps get access to registry?

You've read about that 100% hard disk usage things? Just now started getting those. And thanks to the way services work I can't figure out what's causing it. Not even with resource manager.

fuck off furryfag

windows 10 has a pretty good user experience. What sucks about it is the direction windows goes - they have removed the Group Policy editor for example. Not just the shortcuts, it really isn't there anymore. They also try to make it so that there is no version number and updates are hidden and can't be turned off.

So its not better or worse than W7 in actual function as a piece of software, it includes ads by default, versions other than enterprise have heinously invasive spyware, they force updates, want to make it Service as a Software Substitute, and they used similar techniques as malware to shunt it onto people against their will.
use win7 or switch to linux.

where compatibility and speed excel, privacy and customization fails.

LTSB version here. No complaints.

thats funny because windows doesnt do that but fedora does.

>Is it as bad as they say?
Its even worse, honestly.

>he never modified his approvisioning.xml

You deserve everything you get for your ignorance.

I don't mind it as a dualboot for vidya. If you don't really use your computer for things other than games / media it isn't too bad. If you do anything work related on your system, the complete lack of control you have over your own fucking computer is pretty irritating, the spyware shit you can disable that isnt really a big deal.

I dunno, I can deal with using it but it annoys the fuck out of me.

windows 10 is spyware and a advertising platform for microsoft to spam you,

windows 10 makes me so glad that i learned to use Linux

umm, you did not disable the spyware, you just were fooled in to think you disabled the spyware, it is still spying on you, the only way to prevent windows from spying on you is to NEVER let it connect to the internet

>or blocking all their servers

When Windows forceful upgraded my 7 to 10 it was shit. Few days later I downgraded it back to 7.

But after I a bought cheap laptop on Black Friday, the Win 10 on my laptop seems to work fine.

It is simply one of their worst attempts. They literally grab people by the balls with this one. Sort of like "we can produce garbage, because our consumer base remains big and needs their compatibility".

At the core, it's more than usable. It has a few features like scrolling independent of window focus, which is how anything else other than windows has been working for ages, task view which is fucking workspaces, but honestly you can appreciate that it has many flaws. If there's no other way, dual boot into it, don't make it your main OS. Try a linux distro, hackintosh or whatever else. Windows 7 or 8.1 aren't bad options either.

>blocking it using their product
xd

>placebo
You realize their products are rigged to connect to their servers? Unless you use your router or an external firewall you did literally nothing.

Yeah, this shit is every bit as bad as the glorious faggots say it is.

I dual-boot Windows 10 (for school: we use Visual Studio in one of my classes, and also to play MGSV) and Gentoo.

I can tell you that it is a huge, bloated, inconvenient, unpleasant, intrusive experience to boot up and log into Windows 10. I would rather reinstall Gentoo, DE and all, than use this shit.

>Unless you use your router or an external firewall you did literally nothing.
Yes that's what I'd advise as well, my image was merely a quick idea of what is happening for those that try and say "it's all good bro".

>it's the best release they've done once you remove all the changes they made to Windows 7

Nope, only people having issues are the real autists who can function if anything changes. I mean my fucking grandparents use 10 and they havent had any issues yet.

If you like having a company managing how and WHEN you can use "your" computer then Windows 10 is great.
>muh disable updates and muh l33t app I found on sourceforge XD
You should have control over your own property, not hack your way to get some control.

People complain about the telemetry, when they use smartphones.

Windows is just plain crapware. It only justifies its existence because Linux doesn't care about games.

This. Also because macOS is overpriced.

What laptop is that?

it's absolutely terrible
it will literally rape your mother and make you watch

>I don't mind it as a dualboot for vidya
until it fucks with your bootloader

>It has a few features like scrolling independent of window focus
Gridy or Alt+Drag
>task view which is fucking workspaces
Dexpot is superior
All available on windows 7

If windows can emulate x86 windows flawlessy on ARM why can't x86 linucks emulate x86 windows flawlessy?

you know why windows 10 sucks?

because i can't even manage to get it dual booted correctly because of it's shit windows boot loader.

This.

It's the little things that piss me off.

Why the fuck does it force me to update? There's no reason to update. Why is it eating up bandwidth and forcing downloads I don't want?

Why does Windows defender keep turning back on? Why does it need to do that?

Only reason why I'm still using it is for vidya that uses DX12 and programs that don't work well with Linux.

Bitching about having to install updates and use antivirus? Fuck sakes are you like 8? People like you are the reason why they are heavyhanded with making people keep their computers working properly.

Fuck off. I want to use my own anti-virus, Windows Defender is a piece of shit. When you allow a program that misidentifies as a virus, it tends to put it back on the list in the future and while you can disable defender for a while, it turns itself back on.

I wouldn't have a issue with updates if it weren't the fact that it will download without telling you, taking up bandwidth then restarting the computer if I leave it on overnight while it's torrenting something big or using a program that takes a few hours to go through. And while yes, updates are important for Windows 10 considering it's a piece of shit, I shouldn't be forced to download it if I don't want to. If the user doesn't want it, you shouldn't force them to take it.

>decide im going to upgrade to windows 10
>$179.00

yea nah fuck off cunt

Jesus christ why are you so fucking stupid? Defender only turns its self back on when you have nothing else installed. Everyone knows that, its common sense. If you want to run your computer without protection you are a fucking stupid child.

Updates are important for everything to keep it running well and secure. If you think getting updates all the time means something is shit I really cant be bothered to try and relate to that level of autistic stupidity.

If i use windows 10 the least of my worries would be if it's good or bad as an operative system, i would be much more worried about how microsoft treats their users. Bugs can always be patched but what is done on purpose won't be fixed unless enough people complains about it.

>If you want to run your computer without protection you are a fucking stupid child.
It's called a router using linux.

Then why are you talking about windows defender tard?

electroswing is for teenagers user

People shouldn't ask if an OS sucks, they should load it in a fucking VM and see IF IT SUCKS FOR THEM.

The answer is free, in more detail than any thread can describe, and you can see it for yourself.

I use an OS for its applications, but I keep Windows 10 in a virtual machine so I don't have to hassle with it daily. I've run Windows and Linux since 1999. They don't pay me and I don't pay for software. I use what does the job.

Main OS is Xubuntu. Boringly reliable, doesn't get in my way. After a while on Linux distro doesn't matter all that much. I could switch from Debian-based to Red Hat-based without giving a shit.

> (OP)
>Yes. You _could_ try to set it up the way you like, but it doesn't matter. Every time there is a big update it will reset most of your settings.

I suspect this is bullshit, it never happened to me.

>windows 10 has a pretty good user experience. What sucks about it is the direction windows goes - they have removed the Group Policy editor for example. Not just the shortcuts, it really isn't there anymore. They also try to make it so that there is no version number and updates are hidden and can't be turned off.

This is just troll, policy editor is there after the latest updates.

7 months in, haven't had a problem with it

There's no worse desktop operating system out there. Even Mac OS X uses a lot of open source components. You'd be less of a cuck even with a fucking DongleBook Pro. I seriously can not think of anything worse than Windows that you could run on a PC. I would rather use Temple OS or fucking Hannah Montana Linux as a main OS. It sucks that hard.

You can not disable the spying and privacy intrusion. Windows is closed source and you have not a single clue what goes on outside the garden walls, or what those shiny, polished walls are even made of. Don't think for a single second that you have control over a system which is designed to buttfuck the end user's right to privacy.

How did it feel to lift the boot off of your face?

Install Debian.

That's ok, but you should really confine your copy of Microsoft malware to a VM in GNU/Linux and use a GPU passthrough.

Has it seriously found its way into GRUB to fuck that up too? That shit is scary, but not so surprising since some people have reported partitions being deleted if they were using an unrecognized filesystem.

I have to, most of the software I have to use is extremely poorly optimized for Linux or OS X or downright unavailable.

I have a MacBook that I use for programming and it's so much better, would probably use Linux on my desktop if I could, or maybe a Mac.

It has everything I need as a beginner programmer. And it lets me play my games which I'm not afraid to admit I enjoy because I'm not a wannabe.

Strip all the shit out and its fine.

Also it doesnt update cleanly to the latest build in many random cases so dl the v1607 iso and clean install - even on a new machine.

> Anybody here have Windows 10?

Yes.

> Is it as bad as they say?

Not really. I use Windows 10, OSX and Linux on a daily basis.

Linux on the Desktop is still a bad joke.

OSX is still better than Windows, but it hasn't had a decent update in years and there is still plenty of decent software that is Windows-only. Plus pretty much everything coming out of Apple recently on the hardware front has been hot garbage. So OSX is pretty much a dead end these days.

I have used Windows 7, 8, and 10. There are enough small improvements in the desktop experience over 7 to make the upgrade to 10 worthwhile, and unlike 8 it no longer feels like two completely different operating systems smashed into one. The only think I honestly don't like about 10 is the desktop theme - it's a downgrade from the nice glassy look of 7 and the solid colors of 8.