Upgrading from Nexus 6P, to what?

>Got a Nexus 6P, had it for 13 months
>Pretty great phone overall
>Recently started getting battery issues sometimes only lasting me 2-3 OST hours, compared to 5 when I first got it.
>I'm able to get a free upgrade to a new phone, and technically even get paid for it.
>Can't decide what phone to get next, help!

For those of you wondering how I've got a free upgrade + getting paid for it is because I bought the phone on a 24 month contract from Giffgaff (They only charge you for the phone, and you can buy a sim plan from anyone you wish)
>£450 at launch, plus like £40 interest = 490£ in total spread over 24 months
>Paid off 13 months, and have £210 remaining
>Check Gumtree/Craigslist for prices of used Nexus 6P and it's currently between 250-350
>I can sell my Nexus, pay off the remaining credit and then just buy the new phone from them again and continue paying £20 a month like I always have.

Problem is, what phone should I get? The S7+ Edge looks cool but it's pretty old now, and the S8 should be coming out in March/April, although i heard it's gonna get rid of the 3.5mm jack, which is stupid unless they improve the battery life to like 9 hours OST.

>What to get Sup Forums?

Replace the battery, that's what i would do.

I'd wait until the S8 comes out and see how it looks, otherwise you could consider the iPhone 7 as high end choice

Tbh not worth upgrading, you get literally nothing new with a new phone, 6p even has android N.

the battery is still at 92% original capacity according to AccuBattery. What caused the problem is upgrading to Android Nougat, and the only new feature I actually find useful is the split screen.

It's a good phone, but if you're offered a free upgrade to any phone you want and some extra cash, why not take it? I could sell it for 300, pay off 210 remaining and still have £90 left over.

if you care about battery life iphone is the only legitimate choice

2-3 SOT or 5 SOT is horrible. Check your wakelocks. Factory Reset your device and don't install anything new. See if your SOT improves. I'm guessing that your phone is never hitting deep sleep. The 6P is a great phone and you should have absolutely no battery issues if your phone is in deep sleep 95+% of the time the screen is off.

5 SOT is above average on 6p

You are really bad at maths, goy.
>sell phone in order to pay it off
>paid for a phone but has no phone
>I'm getting free shekels! !!!

so what do you do when you finish your contract? do you keep the same phone for another year like a bum or do you just get a new one and end up giving away your old one to someone or just letting it sit in your drawer.

I don't mind paying £20 every month to make sure I have the newest phone.

OP3T

>to what?
to nothing

Just changed from a 6P to a Pixel.

I'm liking it so far. The only real downsides for me are the lack of front-firing speakers and the price tag. I'm not terribly concerned about the latter, as I'm not a poorfag, but I do miss the better on-phone sound of the 6P (if I wanted to watch a quick youtube video or something without headphones).

The biggest factor keeping me from going to other phones was the non-stock android experience coupled with shitty cameras and displays. The Pixel was the overall winner for me.

>Just changed from a 6P to a Pixel.
wew what an """""""""upgrade""""""""

>58110926 (no (You) for you, faggot)
>specifically said "changed" no "upgraded"
>retard still says dumb shit about upgrading

Ok. Memeing aside, care to defend your purposefully retarded bait-post?

OP here
Have never looked into Rooting or anything of that kind, but I heard you can install custom ROM's that improve battery life and shit. Where can I find a guide on how to do it and how easy is it to do?

you can start by leaving

Just google "XDA Nexus 6p root". It should be pretty straightforward. Just make sure you read everything carefully.

>d-do I fit in yet?

Just fucking kill yourself.

>spoonfeeding
fuckoff

>on legacy 2-year contract with Verizon
>subsidized new phone every 2 years

Feelsgoodman

Last upgrade I got an iPhone 6 for $200, sold it for $600, bought a Nexus 6P. Verizon now sells the Pixels in-house, so my next upgrade shall be straight to the Pixel 2 for $200 even. Hoping for waterproofing, then it will be perfect.

You really are retarded if you think pointing someone in the direction of a guide (that they asked for) is spoonfeeding.

Not that it matters. I think i'll take it as a personal mission to spoonfeed as many new friends as I possibly can. Thanks for the inspiration, user. :^)

You're throwing the word "retarded" around pretty lightly considering your clear love for their kind. Try being more considerate

Say what you will, but it doesn't change the fact that you've only exposed yourself as unhelpful cancer that subscribes to memes and nonsense. I hope this causes some introspection, friend. I'd suggest not looking to fellow anons for acceptance.

Later, tater.

>Say what you will, but it doesn't change the fact that you've only exposed yourself as unhelpful cancer that subscribes to memes and nonsense. I hope this causes some introspection, friend. I'd suggest not looking to fellow anons for accepta
what the fuck are you babbling about? Did you even read that? This is so desperate that I can't even make out anymore what you're trying to grasp at