Does the "speed" they advertise on flash drive matter? Like "3.0" compared to 2.0. Is it worth the price?

Does the "speed" they advertise on flash drive matter? Like "3.0" compared to 2.0. Is it worth the price?

They're referring to the USB speed, and yes that matters, but only if the actual flash on the drive is fast enough to saturate it. They generally don't advertise those on thumb drives.

And generally it's not worth the price. It only matters on drives you use 24/7 or drives you're putting into a camera (and then it only needs to be fast enough, not as fast as possible)

It's ~10 times faster, but it's barely noticeable to most people. You aren't buying a flash drive to read and write a ton of data all day, so why spend the extra $10-$20 on it?

You need to see the actual transfer speed. Many USB3 flash drives cannot even near-saturate USB2

>plus rapide

We speak gods language around here. Either speak american or leave. Just that simple.

2.0 means that the computer can open 4 simultaneous HD cloud streams to the USB cloud stick (2^2).

3.0 means it can open 8 cloud streams (2^3)

Look up the benchmarks of your desired usb flsh drive and see the real transfer speed.

Appreciate it. Just wasn't sure if it's worth 15 bucks more. I just want it to hold shit, idk what I'd need speed for.

Got a link to benchmarks of pny devices?

are you both fucking retarded?
OP you're as fucking retarded as those two mongoloid tardlets chucklefucks.

USB3 will run LAPS around anything USB2

>autism

Something tells me you don't know what you're talking about.

Insightful post. I see no source or evidence to your claim so you can kill yourself you fucking mongoloid.

Only if the flash drive (or whatever) supports the speed. If the drive has a slow controller or slow flash chips (for example, those that can't deliver the maximum speed of USB 2.0) then you will not get more speed.

Look at those Toshiba Transmemory USB3 flash drives for example. Their rated speed printed on the label is way below maximum USB2 speeds.
>But muh USB3 connector
What is a HDD on SATA6G
What is a GT710 on PCIe x16
What is a Celeron on ROG Maximus Extreme
What is a BOTTLENECK

Depends on brand. The Samsung ones can easily blow past USB 2.0 speeds.

For reference USB 2.0 is limited to 25MB/s. The cheapest Samsungs go over 40MB/s.

This is what Marketers and Management actually believe.

It's fucking called GOOGLE it's this new thing where you type anything and it'll give you results based on what you searched.

You should be looking for reliability instead speeds on a USB.
Most sellers only put read speed but not write speed which is usually slow as fuck on most USBs.

Avoid PNY.

USB3 flash in a (blue) USB3 port is much faster than USB2. Feels bad going back to 2.0

While you have a point, max USB2 speeds were bullshit as sustained rates were much lower.

Why avoid pny? I just want a drive that will hold my files safely for a long time.

Faster at what? What the fuck does it matter if he just wants to put things on it for storage? He isnt gaming with it. Wtf does speed matter? Transfer speed? So what if you wait an extra 20 seconds. Literally who the fuck cares.

>usb3 flash drive
>filled with cheapshit flash

It depends on much more than just the bus speed m80

It matters because flash drives aren't 128mb anymore. You wouldn't be happy with 4tb+ hard drives which don't achieve 20mb/s.

>Wtf does speed matter? Transfer speed? So what if you wait an extra 20 seconds. Literally who the fuck cares.
Everyone who isnt a fucking ignorant tard like you

more like an extra hour, buddy

>have old mobo with usb 2.0
>buy any usb3 flash drive in existence
>it works at the full speed of usb 2.0
/comfy/

Yes it matters usb3 is important

>has 20 seconds to spare since I'm not poor
>ignorant
Oh okay poorfag.

>We speak gods language around here. Either speak american or leave. Just that simple.
why does all the packaging in the US have shit in mexican language? why does every customer support line always have a message in mexican?

shut up cuck.

For whom?