What are the easiest and most rewarding IT jobs?

IT not CS

who is that system daemon?

the most rewarding isn't the easiest, assuming you mean financially rewarding

will it get me a broad like that?

She can mount herself on my hard drive, if you know what I mean.

If you give me proper answers, I'll post her chaturbate link.

sys admin hands down.
if nothing breaks, you do nothing all day and get praised. if something does break, you're fixing the problem and considered doing your job.

System Administration - If you like making developers your bitch
Network Administration - Generally rewarding

Sys admin if everything works

Look up olgachocolate. I fucking hate faggots that do this.

Get fucked you piece of shit. Enjoy your years of being looked down upon and being treated like shit from retards.

Money will.

Systems analysis. You go around giving your opinion and kick off new projects

>Get fucked you piece of shit. Enjoy your years of being looked down upon and being treated like shit from retards.
CS is far worse. As a developer you'll have zero job prospects in the next few years because it has all been outsourced. If you're lucky enough to find a job it'll be at less than half the pay you should be making.

Treatment varies from company to company.

> it has all been outsourced
Assuming that were true, you do know that IT is outsourced even more heavily?
The last company I worked at didn't even have an IT department. They hired an external company to do it for them.

>Assuming that were true
So far two of the major enterprises I've worked for (see >60,000 employees) have outsourced ALL of their development. Don't be stupid, the train is coming whether you like it or not.
IT in enterprise is not being outsourced because it's impossible to manage an entire datacenter from India.

>They hired an external company to do it for them.
They hired a local company to manage that shit. The local company pays the same wage. This is the norm for SMBs but is not really a problem since you can just go work for that company.

this, do it for some fucking offices, easiest shit ever, you can even break stuff then spend all day in the server room and people think you're proper working hard

Sys Admin.

Youll get the feeling of reward when you go back home to fix your mom's computer and actually have her express some sort of gratitude towards you.

malware analysis
pretty easy to begin with and hella fun, plus I've heard of people making decent money on the side analyzing malware for hackers before they distribute it

>What are the easiest and most rewarding IT jobs?
QA. There's nothing more rewarding than a frontender's butthurt.

Unless you want to work for a small to medium non tech company as a sysadmin, IT is becoming CS. I work in IT for a large tech company, we've stopped hiring traditional IT people, we now only hire people with strong programming skills. Systems engineers must pass the same programming tests we give to software engineers, but you don't need the same level of programming experience.

The days of point and click sysadmins are numbered, if you can't automate you will be automated.

helpsdesk

Feeling of reward?

Are you feeling up ur mom mate?

Yeah, got a problem with it?

Fuck off. helpdesk is dreadful, though it is easy.

anything not in operations

>Helpdesk
>Rewarding
>executive assistants chewing your ass about calendaring problems
>40% of your calls fixed by rebooting computer
>20% of calls expired/forgot password
>REWARDING

Help desk is a dead end at most companies. You'll be stuck there forever and when you finally get out, good luck getting fair compensation after your "promotion"

internal promotions are a fucking joke. that's why you improve your skills and leave the company. come back 2 years later using your contacts still at that place.

only suckers take internal promotions.

Is entry-level and can be skipped if you do the right shit in school.

Also all this shit about outsourcing is gloom and doom bullshit. Just got look at job reports.

MIS

The problem is you won't get the skills in a help desk position and companies don't like to pay for help desk tier employees to take vendor training.

Sleeping your way to the top.

Anzujamuu

How do I get IT work in the middle of bumblefuck, USA?

Do I just grab a A+ cert and try to get a jewb at a PC repair place?

Tier 3 working at an MSP here, I have a four year degree but that's just a checkbox. I had years of contracting before I formally learned anything on a credential test. Moving to a sysad position with some special requirements next month.

You're going to need to be within driving distance of a city, preferably a metropolitan area. When I was contracting I was in the Baltimore/Washington corridor (took jobs in both cities), and Chicago (took jobs in Chicago, Central IL, and northwest IN). Negotiate door to door drive time, get paid.

I'm a software engineer (4 year exp) that just got laid off. How hard would it be to get into sys admin? I'm pretty decent with *nix.

Any links tips etc.

Your last statement nullifies your entire argument.

Teacher

nobody said it would be paid for. you have to want it.

This
I basically spend my days shitposting and rarely, when something breaks or someone wants to set up their mail account, I help them as quick as possible and everybody respects me for it because they really don't know what I'm doing. Having your monitor vertically with htop and some random terminal shit also helps. When someone comes with something stupid you just say "oh sorry I'm compiling right now, maybe tomorrow".

How's the pay?

Which skills do I need to have to become a sys admin?

IT is shit, you always get blamed for it later. You might get a good high when everyone thinks you're fixing the problem but 2-3 days later they'll forget and it'll be hyperstinge and be your fault.

>you do nothing all day and get praised
>get praised
Nope.
You don't get praised when it's all running smoothly

musta been a pretty shitty software engineer XD

IT Manager. You got people to work for you.

>chaturbate com/olgachocolate/
404 not found

>fix your mom's computer
>not setting up loonix for your mom and never have to worry about fixing it again

How do you manage to get a CS degree and somehow not understand that IT work needs physical presence.
You just got BTFO by

Helpdesk here. Not it's not.

I'm gonna saying data entry. I don't live in the US so take my pay rate with a grain of salt.

I went for a job for a 2 month contract at $26 an hour doing it. They hired 3 of us at the time and during our "training" period they made us take a typing test. The other two scored around 40 - 60 WPM and I scored in at 105 WPM.

After the two months they didn't renew the other's contracts, but kept me on in a permanent position and I negotiated to $31 an hour. It was a really comfy job. I reckon only about 3 hours of my day was actual data entry and the rest was mainly filing and doing mail merging for the sales guys.

If you're looking to get into I.T with no previous experience; I would say that data entry would be the best foot in the door and it pays relatively well.

KNEEPADS

I do cloud support. It's great

Sysadmin here.

I'm now really good at bloons tower defense

How's the pay?

Sharepoint admin

you do basically nothing and get paid $120k

Idk man i'm just a junior in college and I already have a cool internship for next summer and all of the seniors (good seniors) that I know graduating already have jobs.

>As a developer you'll have zero job prospects in the next few years because it has all been outsourced
That's not true unless you work on trivial shit an Indian code monkey could do for less money instead.

He's just trying to scare away people from CS.

You should be doing the same thing.

If CS gets too over saturated our pay will drop.

>If CS gets too over saturated our pay will drop.
The "CS is/will be saturated" is a meme. First of all, CS isn't even the tenth most popular STEM degree. Secondly, the world is changing as we speak and the demand for people with CS knowledge is evergrowing. Sure, the number of JavaScript code monkeys required may be finite, but there are plenty of more jobs for CS majors out there. I've even seen job listings for positions that traditionally required graphic design degrees that now require CS degrees because the level of programming required.

It's like you want to be poor and unable to get a job anywhere you want

Actually, I want more competent westerners to do CS instead of shitty humanities, so I don't have to deal with remote dev teams consisting of poor english speaking Indians. It's a myth that tech companies are only outsourcing in order to use cheap labour, they are outsourcing because privileged white kids stopped studying STEM fields and now waste their time on the humanities because they were told "follow your dreams" throughout their childhood.

But I wanted to be Daniel Jackson. I didn't feel like being Samantha Carter was for me.

This also explains why H1-b visas are so popular among Silicon Valley tech companies. It would be far cheaper to just outsource everything to India or Bangladesh where there is no workers' rights whatsoever and people work for $3 a day, but they are in fact massively importing foreign workers for large amounts of money because John Doe either doesn't bother with a college degree because it's a "waste of time" or he studies something completely useless instead.

There's a reason why Samantha Carter usually saves the day by calculating some wormhole slingshot and ends up being in charge of Atlantis, while Daniel Jackson is just running around and causing all sorts of troubles.

You forget the part(s) where Daniel Jackson saves the day by figuring out ancient tech, by just being able to read the RTFM.

True

*to RTFM

Sorry for the brainfart.

I'd fork her process if you know what I mean

I'd fork her so hard we would have to SIGABRT her zombie child process.

>Also all this shit about outsourcing is gloom and doom bullshit.
I just tell people everything has been outsourced because I want to keep people out my field and my wages high.

I was looking at jobs on craigslist the other day

one opening for an entry level IT/IS position required a 4 year CS degree with a 3.0 GPA

:^)

this sounds like hell

I bet a womyn wrote that

I bet this job sucks donkey balls

>They salary is shit but you can look at Star wars posters and discuss Jabba the hut's dick all day long

> NAT, DHCP, DNS and IPv6
That's it? This is the only thing they want? Looks boring as hell tbqh desu senpai.

I think it's the opposite, someone like you wrote it

and that's what they mean by "You can make jokes and they will actually get it", you can say stupid bigoted bullshit and not get called on it

I'd fuck her if you know what I mean. (Talking about sexual intercourse)

the salary isn't too bad... if they actually keep their word.
I've got a hunch they'll give you 33k one way or another.

I'm so desperate that I would apply if only I knew how to actually implement the things. I have the conceptual knowledge but not the real life experience to actually put it to work.

shit sucks tbqhfmlm

maybe I just assume it's sjws because I've never seen IT guys act like what this poster describes

Then you're doing system administration wrong. Instead of VPN'ing home and surfing Sup Forums from your basement office you should walk around a few times a day and help the lusers compute better. If they don't see you because everything is working and you're in your cave then of course there's no perceived value.

no, please explain

Owner of Sup Forums

It's her instagram and Katysheva_Olga for twitter

In my experience, almost all of the IT/Tech people I've ever met are exactly like that. I'm dreading the day I can actually join the workforce

>Servers
what kind of servers ?
More than half the people I know that are certified MS server admins would piss themselves if they had to do command line work on Linux, BSD, or AS400

I've been sysadmin for 4 years now. It's one of the most unrewarding IT jobs in terms of compliments.
I still like doing it, but don't make it sound better than it is.

e.g. I once had an exchange server go down for an hour (due to a bug outside of my power mind you). The only thing you hear users say is that it never works. Yet it has never had downtime in years.

It is true, but even worse. One of the guys I worked with had an extensive my little pony collection at his desk and would not shut up about "the last airbender".

Also most are way overweight and eat terrible food, our big company would have pot lucks and the IT team couldn't cook thier way out of a wet paper bag and I was the only one that would eat a vegetable.

SUCCESSFUL YOUTUBER THAT ASSEMBLES PCS AND PLAYS VIDEOGMES

She is Russian.

By default she is a golder digger.

She doesn't give a shot what you look like if you buy everything for her, have a nice house and open your bank account anytime she wants.

I dated Russians that look like that.

I know and learned the hard way

sure you did tommy

Worst things about being a system admin would probably be MIS management getting sold on some new product that doesn't work with some of your legacy stuff. Any big company will have legacy stuff that will be a headache to update/replace.

i did.

maybe if you left Sup Forums youd find one too.

not hard if you are above a 5 and make money

>By default she is a golder digger.
>She doesn't give a shot what you look like if you buy everything for her, have a nice house and open your bank account anytime she wants.

No shit sherlock

Russians are niggers but only with wrong skin color.

Sure tommy, post pics then

> with wrong skin color
> wrong
Y tho

Five person company and we lost a huge client. Downsizing.

Underrated post.

When you see a nigger, you automatically despise it and find it revolting, like nature intended. It's a sort of natural warning sign to keep away. You know it's not up to anything good.

Russians (and slavs in general) can be mistaken for being white. They are like jewish shape shifters, trying to blend in so they can infiltrate and ruin society from within.