Torrenting safely

Given that torrenting is becoming harder and more dangerous every day, my plan next year is to step up my security / anonymity as using just VPN / Seedbox does not seem safe anymore (after all, VPN / seedbox are the same providers as ISP). My plan is

1) Buy bitcoins offline (either from a person for cash or from one of those Bitcoin ATMs)
2) Pay for all services (seedboxes, invites into trackers) with those bitcoins
3) Register / browser the trackers and my seedbox's web interface via Tor
4) When it want to download something to my machine, do it from a public WiFi spot (Starbucks, McDonald's etc.)

Obviously, I wouldn't reuse my bitcoin wallet and I would dump it after every transaction and I would have to change the public places I log into my seedbox from.

I know that some trackers require to browse their websites with your real IP. I am perfectly happy staying off those trackers (meaning that cabal is out) and using some more obscure / less popular ones.

>inb4 seedbox / VPN are safe, they don't keep any logs, look at their ToS
Even if they say that they don't keep the logs, they still do as that is required by the law. Also, there's no way of verifying that they actually don't. Since Seedbox / VPN providers are very similar to ISPs, it means that DMCA notices would be sent to them first, then to my actual ISP and then to me. If I pay in bitcoins that are untraceable and never login with my home's IP address, there wouldn't be a way to identify me, meaning I wouldn't get a DMCA notices

>inb4 bait
No. I would like to hear if anyone would see a flaw in my plan and if there was any way to trace the activities to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZqaXHSE7gY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bit coins are not secure at all. every transaction you make is public.

They are still anonymous since they can't be tied to me as long as I used cash to buy them in the first place.

Use debrid my man. It's cheaper and more secure. You can also dl torrents with it.
There's no DMCA notices on DDL

still less secure than other pay by cash no question asked methods like paysafecard.

>just VPN / Seedbox does not seem safe anymore
this seems like an unwarranted tinfoil accusation to me

Remember, your ISP is not your enemy - your enemy are IP/copyright troll companies that grab your IP off the swarm and send the owner angry letters

As long as you're using a VPN in another country they aren't gonna do jackshit about it. Copyright troll firms are not some government superpower with access to every ISP's keys and whatnot.

If you're meeting with the people in person, then they can still be traced to your general area.

If you want your bitcoins to be absolutely anonymous, you have to mine them yourself - while remaining connected via the tor network at all times.

>4) When it want to download something to my machine, do it from a public WiFi spot (Starbucks, McDonald's etc.)
You'll get lazy after the first few times and do it from your home

I'll just threaten to stop using my ISP if I ever get a warning from them

And switch to what other ISP, exactly?

In most countries you're lucky if you have a choice of two, and one of them is probably going to be shit.

adding to this, if you wait for new year real-debrid may (or may not) give some extra days when you buy premium

ISPs is not my friend either - they don't want to get in a middle of a legal challenge and would rather pass it on to me.

If the city is large enough and I'm not dumb enough to meet someone on my doorstep, I think I should be fine.

You are right. To me, this is going to be the biggest challenge.

>VPN / seedbox are the same providers as ISP

What on earth are you going on about.

You've really lost the plot, big time.

I have two isps in my area

>implying tor is 100% safe

The FBI controls all exit nodes

If you understood how Tor worked you'd realise this was meaningless.

How are they not? You pay money to them, and they provide some internet access service for you. If I download something, people are going to see an IP which will belong to VPN / Seedbox / ISP provider, and the DMCA notice will be sent to the provider of that IP address

>4) When it want to download something to my machine, do it from a public WiFi spot (Starbucks, McDonald's etc.)
Beware for the cameras hanging there who will film you while you type your password

I heard that Tor was FBI's honeypot.

>You are right. To me, this is going to be the biggest challenge.
Remember, 99.9% of all security issues stem from bad OPSEC, not technology. Whatever crafty system you will come up with, you will find ways of being lazy and bypassing its security, whether by accident or on purpose.

The real key to privacy on the internet is practicing militant opsec. Start enforcing struct adherences to protocol into every part of your life.

Correlation attacks are a bitch

>The FBI controls all exit nodes
...and?

>provide some internet access service for you.
So netflix and youtube are ISPs now too? ISPs are Internet Service providers- they provide internet as a service. Internet-based services are not ISPs.

>the DMCA notice will be sent to the provider of that IP address
And will be thrown in the bin because the DMCA only applies in america, and has very little power on VPNs even in the US, especially for ones that don't keep logs.

You need two nodes to perform a correlation attack

Why would they if have no use for them?

Correlation attacks are based on statistics are aren't used to deanonymise targets.
The FBI sits on exit nodes to catch dumb people. They sift through the data, catching anything unencrypted looking for dumb people.

Yeah they have the in and the exit nodes

To bust idiots, AKA 99.9% of criminals. See To date there has been no attack on the tor network itself. They just monitor the exit nodes because people do retarded shit like logging onto irc via tor and basically telling the FBI who they are

>So netflix and youtube are ISPs now too? ISPs are Internet Service providers- they provide internet as a service. Internet-based services are not ISPs.

You need to have a broader understanding of what ISP is. they are not just someone who lays a cable all the way to your house. And yes, if you upload something to Youtube that you don't have rights to, you will get a DMCA notice.

>And will be thrown in the bin because the DMCA only applies in america

True, but 1) similar systems exist in Europe and 2) ISP won't bother spending money on a lawyer and simply forward it to me.

What's wrong with just using a blocklist?

>he doesn't live in a slavic shithole where the popo doesn't give a shit if you torrent or not

>You need to have a broader understanding of what ISP is.
You need to have a narrower understanding of what an ISP is. One that doesn't roll in VPNs, netflix, and my aunt's wireless printer.

What, a blocklist that copyright lawyers also have access to?
One that doesn't stop the torrent tracker from just telling anyone who asks exactly who you are and what you've been downloading?

>So netflix and youtube are ISPs now too?
Netflix does not provide you with internet access, unless you're implying that I can connect through netflix's networks to, say, youtube - and then have my IP on youtube be one owned by network?

Blacklists don't work

ISP - Internet Service Provider - your aunt's printer does not provide any service, where as youtube does - it hosts your content, and if you don't have the right to do that, you will get a DMCA notice.

Similarly is with netflix, of course their lawyers make sure that have all the checkboxes ticked before publishing it, but it is the same idea.

why so complicate
>get 2$
>buy cheapest vps from hostsailor, it is 1.99$
>250GiB bandwidth
>install rtorrent on vps
>download files via rtorrent, 100 mega is speed
>when file is downloaded connect via sftp
>download file to your computer

Have there been many examples of people receiving letters despite running blocklists?

I don't know. I'm just warning you that blacklists don't work in practice, since they're trivial to bypass as long as you want to.

>2) Pay for all services (seedboxes, invites into trackers) with those bitcoins

is this bait? some newfag will fall for this and try to buy an invite and will get banned from every private tracker on the internet

Yeah I know the theory - I just don't think they actually go to those efforts. May be wrong.

Not op but bought access to plenty of private trackers, not exactly hard.

Can this rly work?

name one then

i bet its some low tier curry tracker

Well, here, noncommercial copyright infringement isn't a crime so I don't even need to worry about a vpn heh

>Well, here, noncommercial copyright infringement isn't a crime so I don't even need to worry about a vpn heh
Specifically, our copyright laws were last updated in the 60s or 70s or something and designed to dissuade importing/manufacturing knock-off goods and selling them as the real thing, much as it was in all the western world before recently. It's only with significant lobbying from movie/music lobbies that western governments have started targeting or allowing others to target the end-consumers of these goods with fines, lawsuits, and criminal charges. Sad times indeed.

You forgot:

5) Dont live in the USA

Bitcoin ATMs are strictly surveillance.
They had one at a restaurant near me, and to use it ypu had to divulge so much information:
Shot of your ID
Shot of your handprint
Shot of your face
Social Security Number
Some other shit
That alone should tell you they have no intent of allowing mainstream "anonymous" Bitcoin use

Some trackers allow you to buy your way in.

Literally this

Hashtag BLESSED

SLAVA BRATE

ZAZHYGAJEM BRATAN!! OPAAAAA

IF you go to a public hotspot, use a life-sys for exmple tails but whatever you choose, make sure to have you mac-adress spoofed (macchanger at least)

encrypt the hard drive you use to store the stuff

open up the stuff only on a system that is PHYSICALLY offline. (has no wifi, eth, gsm NOT ONLY SWITCH THE OFF)

then you're safe I assume.

Good plan, but I think unneccessary

Jesus Christ do you faggots torrnet CP or something? No one cares what you download. Just buy the fucking cheapest VPN you can find.

We remove kebab, not torrent users.

That's what I said.

But IF you want to archive anonymity, you HAVE to follow all those steps to go full snowden.

>Latitude 44.786567999999995
>Longitude 20.4489216

Lel pa ti živiš blizu mog burazera on je kod Hajd Parka tu

Sranje ti je kraj, zemun zakon

44°47'11.6"N 20°26'56.1"E

maps.google.com

try dis gypsies

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZqaXHSE7gY

Hajd Park je comfy da budem iskren

I'd rather live in a country where I don't need to torrent at all, because I can afford to buy any stuff I want.

So why do you still torrent fag?

CHECKMATE

Избeглицa spotted

>ISPs is not my friend either - they don't want to get in a middle of a legal challenge and would rather pass it on to me.

right

letting the customer use a VPN or seedbox is like 0% legal trouble for them. They wont incur costs to play legally redundant copyright police

>Murica
>Data Caps in 2016+1
>Huge prices
>Torrenting can get your ass v&

>Russia
>No data caps
>Cheap 100/100Mbit ($9 for me)
>No one gives a single fuck if you torrent stuff

Any reason why trackers don't host in Russia if everything is so good there?

For obvious reasons, I said about downloading stuff, not hosting a fucking tracker in your basement.

Roskomnadkikes & sons.

>That alone should tell you they have no intent of allowing mainstream "anonymous" Bitcoin use

I'm more surprised there are even real world ATMs that carry bitcoin. They don't carry things like Perfect Money. The creators of Bitcoin aren't even known.

What I don't get is how can something that isn't even real carry so much value

Bitcoin and virtual currencies are the biggest scams of the 21st century, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were intentionally started and are being monitored by the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc.

Yeah. It would be an easy way to bait money laundering out of the woodworks and into those systems.

What is a good torrent site anyway? Everything I used is down.

All I want is the x-art 2016 siterip.

TBP tbqh senpai

nice try

ah, you don't know how tor works

Just use 1 vpn tunnel and stop making your life hard retard

Nobody cares if you torrent shit

>spend money and time to torrent
>instead of simply paying for the fucking content

>What I don't get is how can something that isn't even real carry so much value
Are you kidding me? It's like the wealth-storage equivalent of gold but you don't have to worry about guarding it, transporting it is easy and transfer also.
Furthermore, government can't print more of it or confiscate it.

>What I don't get is how can something that isn't even real carry so much value
It's backed by the price of electricity needed to generate it

The value of a single bitcoin is ultimately going to be in an equilibrium state with the amount of energy you need to invest to generate it.

Like all currencies, it's backed by demand for it, i.e., services you can buy using it.

>The value of a single bitcoin is ultimately going to be in an equilibrium state with the amount of energy you need to invest to generate it.
It's actually more accurate to say that the amount of electricity it takes to mine a btc will be proportionate to the demand for bitcoins (its price) since as its price goes up more people mine it, not the other way around.

It's not even a real currency, that's what I meant with 'something that isn't real'. It's just data that is factually worthless, but naive people (like the average Redditor) will buy into the bullshit of investing into and using Bitcoin, 'because it's safe', for their monthly supply of Mary Jane, and this is where the $800 comes from today. So it is indeed the biggest scam of the 21st century (you're buying something because you're lead to believe that it's worth something, when it actually isn't worth as much as claimed). And if Bitcoin was made by a scheming genius or two then congratulations to them they're now rich as fuck, and if not well, I hope you don't use Bitcoin for any illegal activities. FBI and friends reserve the right to keep arrests a secret from the media, so there could be thousands of arrests happening everyday to our fellow Mary Jane-buying Reddit friends, who of course learned about buying that good shit online with Bitcoins over a guide posted on the subreddit's main page itself, and we wouldn't know about it.

>It's just data that is factually worthless,
So it's like my bank account and my cash? Great, good to know

>It's just data that is factually worthless
You mean like gold or.. actual currencies? I mean at least gold can be used for some technical processes and jewelry. Notes may as well be monopoly money.

Coins are also worth less in material than their minted amount

Except for pennies but meh

Anyway the point is bitcoin has value because it nullifies major shortcomings of gold and fiat currency - namely other people can't on a whim reduce your wealth by confiscation or printing more.

Yes just like a bank account, in one second everything you had, gone.
Physical currencies, aka currencies you can hold with your hands, aren't worthless, because you aren't entrusting them to someone who could lose it all in a second.

>Even if they say that they don't keep the logs, they still do as that is required by the law.

Nonsense, most VPNs are not required to do shit. Iceland have no such law for example and neither does Switzerland.

Shutdown any and all internet and darknet, boom, Bitcoin is now worthless, there's your confiscation.

>In most countries you're lucky if you have a choice of two

That is wrong as fuck, in most countries you are out of luck if you get a choice of 40. Only Americans have only one or two to choose from.

>Shutdown any and all internet and darknet, boom, Bitcoin is now worthless, there's your confiscation.
>what is meshnets
Also if this happened in the west governments would be overthrown by morning.

>Yes just like a bank account, in one second everything you had, gone.
Sounds like somebody needs to learn responsible spending

I live in Germany and there's only one viable ISP here (unitymedia)

>torrenting is becoming harder and more dangerous every day
What?

I like your optimism

You're right desu

>invites
Don't buy invites.
Chances are you'll get banned or your inviter's whole tree.

You just need a fast VPN that doesn't keep logs