Why aren't you using the best distro, Solus, Sup Forums?

It has a beautiful DE out of the box, an installer, and pacman. Why aren't you running it?

Other urls found in this thread:

open-source-feed.com/2016/12/solus-project-is-introducing-brisk-menu.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cause i developed a great spite towards shillers.

You're an anti shiller shill now.

>DE

Why should I switch from Arch GNU/Linux to Solus? What are the benefits?

Install Gentoo Linux

Solus is the new gentoo

>It has a beautiful DE out of the box
Subjective. I think it's shit, for e.g.
>an installer
If you have to mention this complete non-feature then I worry about you and your favourite distro.
>and pacman
pacman is cool.
>Why aren't you running it?
Because I don't want to.

I wouldn't say there are any. She'll probably cite Budgie or minimalism, but the former is subjective and the latter bollocks when compared to Arch.

>she
What did he mean by this?

Nice trips.

>best package manager
so you are telling me apt-get isn't the best package manager?

>great community
so you are telling me ubuntu doesn't have one of the largest communities with a lot of problems solved?

>easy install process
so you are telling me ubuntu is hard to install?

>custom DE
Unity

>perfect for the people who use Linux just as any other normal OS
so you are telling me ubuntu doesn't fit here?

Ubuntu is an Amazon botnet.

Solus is rolling, its flagship DE is greatly superior to Unity, and its community and ease of use is on par with Ubuntu.

What's wrong with OpenSUSE? Also, you're basically admitting solus is just a meme OS and nothing important.

Yast

>apt
literally the worst package manager; verbose and slow as fuck

>Unity
the worst DE there is. I don't even want a DE, why does it come with one preinstalled?

also:
>sjw-ware
>bloatware
>amazon spyware
>systemd

>Picture of a lizard
Sure, if you're a 12 year old that picks everything by the icon then opensuse would be great 4 u.

>don't even want a DE

Explain

That doesn't explain the quality of the OS at all.

Pepe has better logo

Enjoy your bloat.
WM > DE.

>he doesn't use openPEPE

systemd

Yast is overengineered, bloated shit.

>he doesn't use bspwm

elaborate

>bloat

>tfw too intelligent to use a DE

>over engineered
>bloated
Both imply that YaST does things it shouldn't, which is provably untrue. What is provably and irrefutably true, however, is that you're a retard.

If solus is so great, why doesn't the Sup Forums wiki have an article about it or any mentioning of it on the distros list?

It's so famous it doesn't even need mentioning.

>and pacman

yeah it has pacman the game what distro doesnt

Because it's a botnet.

>uses X11
it is not good

solus team is collaborating with ubuntu MATE to improve both MATE and budgie with their C-programmed "Brisk" menu

open-source-feed.com/2016/12/solus-project-is-introducing-brisk-menu.html

>No actual argument against openSUSE

Just as I suspected.

>Yast
What does YAST even do?
Can an openSUSE user enlighten us?

I use Debian and I never once wished I had yet another setup tool.

It's like Windows' control panel and group policy editor had a baby, that sort of thing. Just a big ol' configuration beast. It is also the installer, I do believe.

I use it on my laptop. It's so-so. Feels like a good way to preview new packages if you're up for that, but I also feel it's also missing some crucial features (unless I just missed them), like being able to automatically fetch and install build dependencies for packages. Oh, and whenever they update the kernel they also improperly delete all other options from grub forcing the user to do another 'update-grub' to fix it. Minor annoyance to be fair. I do like how easily Steam works out-of-the-box though.

>reddit
this is why we can't have nice things

>It doesn't even use SystemD.
This is a problem how?

All the best distros use systemd

>It doesn't even use SystemD.
Fuck off lennart.

>ubuntu
>best distro

lel

What's wrong with ubuntu, not counting jewnity?

N O - P A C K A G E S
O

P
A
C
K
A
G
E
S

>mfw I installed Solus
Literally the most fun you will ever have in your mom's basement

>custom DE built specifically for solus
>window decorations in the screenshot look like some shitty default gtk theme

Im not using Solus OS because I sold my soul to the Chinese Botnet.

everything is a meme

Not a lot to say as a setup utility - slightly more control and tinkerability to settings as you're installing, but it isn't vastly more complex.

As a post-install config utility, it provides a simple graphical interface for a lot of settings one might want to handle, but would need to delve into the terminal to deal with. It features a lot of things one might never have considered adjusting had they not seen the entry in yast.

Basically, if you're a GUI kind of person, yast is a nifty little thing to have if you need it. If you're a terminal purist, yast is an abomination.

KDE4

Deepin is just debian with a nice UI and icons. Although i will admit it's the most visually pleasing Linux distro ever made.

Solus is better though because budgie and most of all it's an independent distro not bound to the whims of the corporate overlords.

Plasma was a mistake

Ain't that the truth.

>verbose is a bad thing
t. normie

>most of all it's an independent distro not bound to the whims of the corporate overlords
No other distro is bound to the whims of corporate overlords other than redhat you hipster fucktard.

Alright, so if Solus is so great why it doesn't have FUCKING GLOBAL MENU LIKE UBUNTU THAT SAME SO MUCH FUCKING SPACE ?

The only problem I have with this is SystemD, so I will stick to Devuan. It might have old packages, but I can build my own if I really need something recent.

It's nice that it's not forced to go in the direction of the big 4 distros.

Literally every distro but void and solus are just the same shit being rebranded over and over again.

At least void and solus are carrying on the community spirit of what Linux is really supposed to be about.