/fag/ - Friendly Apple General

Lets discuss all things Apple, from disastrous 2016 designs to hackintoshes to how iPhone 5s is the Toyota Corolla of phones.

[spoiler]t. mactoddler[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/apple/2016/12/report-apples-mac-team-is-getting-a-lot-less-attention-than-before/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-20/how-apple-alienated-mac-loyalists
google.com/trends/explore?q=iphone slow
osxarena.com/2015/10/guide-install-el-capitan-on-hackintosh-pc-with-chameleon-bootloader-vanilla-installation-method/
bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/RehabMan-FakeSMC-2016-1205.zip
autodesk.com/products/autocad/compare/compare-products/autocad_2017-vs-autocad_for_mac_2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bought iMac last year for casual music studio use
>realized its garbage
>sold and built hackintosh for the same price
>running a better computer than any apple sells at any price

How can Apple even justify the existence of their computers anymore? The price to power ratio is too ridiculous there's going to have to be a breaking point.

Because iMacs weren't really designed for casual music studio use

I dunno if it's going to change and I'm sort of worried for macOS.
arstechnica.com/apple/2016/12/report-apples-mac-team-is-getting-a-lot-less-attention-than-before/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-20/how-apple-alienated-mac-loyalists

>t. mactoddler

>Mfw i like amd and mac os

if apple doesnt go big with their new iMacs and the next iPhone, ill probably consider switching. Macbook pros were shit this year.

I hope they go all amd next year and motivate amd to put out some good shit.

Rec me a good model of Mac I can find for $200 or less on Craigslist. I've got a plenty powerful desktop and four ThinkPads, but I'd like a Mac also.

The end of a meme.

Now that Apple stopped upgrading iPhones with shit hardware (iPhone 4, 4s and older) there are no more 'iPhone slow' spikes in google trends.

Just goes to show how weak androidfags arguments that apple slows your phone on purpose was.

google.com/trends/explore?q=iphone slow

iPhones are simply too powerful now to get slow with new iOS updates.

>$200 or less
Thinkpad with OpenBSD. You can't get a "good" mac for that price.

>Now that Apple stopped upgrading iPhones with shit hardware

They just found a better way to cuck you iToddler morons that's even more effective than malware crippleware updates.

Yeah, that is wrong though.

Only affected a small portion of iPhone 6+, nothing else.

Nice try.

>all iphones are just a small portion
>t. iToddler

Nice shitost, retard.

How is that planned obsolescence?

It mostly happens when a device is being dropped multiple times on a hard surface.

>t. mactoddler

>durrr its not apels fault

You are the one with a bunch of dedicated Apple pictures saved in your computer and I am the one that is a 'detence force'?

lel

You dont even have arguments, you just hate apple as hard as you can no matter what.

Serious question, what do you like about Apple?

I didnt say that.

Buts its not really huge surprise to see consumer electronics present manufactures defects once in a while. Happens to everyone dont you think?

I bought a used 13 inch MBP from 2011. It's really underwhelming. I think I'm just going to install Debian with KDE because Mac OS is a sluggish piece of trash. These computers are seriously overrated. I'm so unimpressed that I'm considering taking it back to exchange for a T420 with far superior specs.

>t. mactoddler

>LE APPLE IS BAD MAYMAY
Poorfags

>LE APEL IS GUD MAYMAY
>t. mactoddler

>t. mactoddler

>poorfag

>buy a 5 year old computer
>WOW IT"S SO SHIT
xD

>t. mactoddler

There's no excuse. My 10 year old Thinkpad runs Debian twice as fast.

>replying to the mactoddler autist

>t. mactoddler

>t. mactoddler

The poverty brigade are always on time because they're all unemployed.

Stay angry, Android/Vindoos pajeets.

I use a MacBook Pro and a Nexus 6P. What am I?

>inb4 an itoddler

>look at me im so much of a dumb nerd that i think making fun of people for their choices in technology is socially acceptable top le kek XD why dont girls like me :(

>hackintosh (also Win 8.1 Pro & Mint, I multiboot) a 2011 ThinkPad L420
>probably outperforms your actual mac
>probably paid less than half what you did for a 2nd hand mac

Why wouldn't you have just hackintoshed a ThinkPad to start with?

Because the one thing I won't do is piss away my time on installing kexts and having to reinstall my OS for minor updates.

Mac OS, GNU/Linux, and Windows on a FagBook:
>install once
>simple and timely updates
>all hardware works correctly

Mac OS on a PC (Hackintosh):
>have to do a fresh install for updates
>all tools made by an asshole named tonymacx86
>tonymacx86 actually makes your life harder on purpose
>other option is niresh, a literal pajeet
>spend hours getting small shit like wifi or sound to work
>constant instability
>buggy, patched together bootloader
>"hurr look at what a basement dweller I am!"

Is there a reasonable guide to install it with unibeast or something like that? I already google it and tried unibeast with no avail. I have a thinkpad t430

5k iMacs are pretty reasonably priced considering you're getting a $1000 screen. I'm thinking of getting one after the next refresh.

A normal human. Most macfags I've met use Android phones so you're not the first.

>t. mactoddler

>"piss away my time on installing kexts"
Uh huh. Because dragging and dropping them into /System/Library/Extensions is beyond your technical abilities?
>having to reinstall my OS for minor updates
Simply isn't true.
>all tools made by an asshole named tonymacx86
Again, simply not true.
>spend hours getting small shit like wifi or sound to work
If you're retarded, sure. If you have a clue what you're doing, this takes a few minutes.
>buggy, patched together bootloader
Which one? Chameleon? Clover? I use Clover, and it works just fine on my machine.
>"hurr look at what a basement dweller I am!"
Projecting much?

1. Use Clover EFI bootloader.
2. Create installation USB. This is the step most people get wrong, follow the procedure outlined here: osxarena.com/2015/10/guide-install-el-capitan-on-hackintosh-pc-with-chameleon-bootloader-vanilla-installation-method/ (But use Clover EFI bootloader, not Chameleon)
3. To boot successfully you will require FakeSMC kext, I recommend using RehabMan's version.
bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/RehabMan-FakeSMC-2016-1205.zip
4. You may require other kexts, depending on your hardware, eg. for USB3.0 support, audio codecs, Ethernet, WiFi, etc.
Know your hardware. Investigate this first.

Cringed, sad.

Don't lie on the internet. Hackintoshing is a giant pain in the ass, especially on prebuilts like laptops.

Have you ever been SO mad at a company that you just HAD to make a thread about it

rly sucks how apple forces you buy a new macbook every single year

Is that guy Brendan Dassey?

it fucks with my OCD that his fly is down...

>"It's too hard for me!"
Are you sure you belong on Sup Forums?

you'll be happy to know that I only did this because I'm tired of the many threads full of people who are full of themselves and don't really want their opinion changed, listen to others, or learn something.

I don't give a crap whether you use apple, microsoft, google, or other company's software. Nor do i care about what hardware you're using.

Cheaper than air conditioning.

Why are you looking at his crotch, you fucking pedo faggot?

do you guys know that feeling where you just KNOW a poster is underage

>installing literal pajeetware
It's not that it's too difficult for me to do, I just won't waste my time. I also have real work to do, which is why I'm installing Debian on my Mac right now.

>pajeetware
What are you talking about? What's the supposed "pajeetware"? Clover EFI Bootloader?
RehabMan's FakeSMC.kext? The macOS Sierra Operating System itself?

>I just won't waste my time
And yet here you are in this thread complaining about people who hackintosh.

>t. mactoddler

Do people realize this was a scam to sell gaming hardware at workstation pricing?

>D500
>D700
>gaming hardware

>literally having down syndrome

Good luck in the special olympics, retard.

Those graphics cards are gaming cards, they have no features of a professional card, except ECC memory.

>they have no feature which differentiates them except the only one which differentiates workstation cards

You know the only difference between a Titan X and a Quadro K6000 is memory size and ECC memory right? Basically just memory.

faggot, stop pointing out his stupid.

No, the difference is how the drivers utilize the hardware, which in the case of the Apple, it is using gaming drivers.

There are very few professional applications for both platforms, but for AutoCAD here, you can see on the Mac all the professional graphics hardware features are disabled.

autodesk.com/products/autocad/compare/compare-products/autocad_2017-vs-autocad_for_mac_2017

So the MacPro is absolutely a gaming machine.

I've been worried however I am pretty happy with my current set up and I can see Sierra being fine for my personal use 5+ years going forward. The only reason that I run Mac is because of Ableton and I can't live without bash (inb4 windows 10 meme)

>looking for a new laptop
>want to try a macbook
>2016 rMBP has fucked keyboard and overall feels kinda disappointing
>can't justify spending like 1400 eurobux for a 2015 rMBP since the price is still pretty much the same
>MBA is dead

is it even worth trying to get on the ride at this point now that even the apple fanboys are running from them?

>1400 eurobux
>haslel

lmao

broadlel, the 13 inch model actually

Planning on getting an iPhone 6S very soon. Is there a store out there that has a better price than apple.com or Apple stores? I'm getting an unlocked GSM phone.

Excuse me, but this is the "friendly" apple general. Please don't call me a "moron".

>t. macmoron

desu i dont like the direction apple are going in, their latest macbook pro reveal makes me think I dont have a future on their platform im out. and will be listing this macbook pro on eBay because theyre going for more than they should because the new ones are so over priced for the dated hardware I feel I should strike while the iron's hot. I have enjoyed using it though and I think OS X is a better laptop OS than windows but its cringey when 10+ year old games make the fans go 100% on this.

the writing was on the wall with their shitty mac pro design and confirmed with their latest macbook pro

-posted from my 2015 macbook pro
>t. mactoddler

I hope apple move their reality distortion focus back to the mac, the thought of a thinkpad running Linux being the only alternative is nauseating.