Designing stealth into your aircraft

>designing stealth into your aircraft

You're asking for obsolescence within a decade, if not five years. The growth of computers, and thus, radar/satellites will always outpace the development of stealth countermeasures. Therefore, you should design a fighter with:

>maneuverability
>light-weight construction
>high performance engines
>increasingly advanced flight and engine control
>better ECM

Strangely enough, this design philosophy produces better fighters. Really makes you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_F-117A_shootdown#Downing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

design for stealth in addition to everything else, even with modern anti-stealth you'd want a smaller radar cross section to make sustained tracking more difficult.

Radar from ww2 can detect the f22
Sad

if you have the array set up correctly, you can track any single craft. but if you have to deal with tracking multiple targets all with stealth, it becomes much harder.

Stealth is a bunch of horseshit, I always roll mage.

t. prussian pro

/thread
harder up front but you get absolute bullshit OP stuff down the line

Current gen fighters go out of date within 5 to 10 years anyway. They are constantly being upgraded throughout their lifetime. The stealth will give it a few years advantage and allow you to run risk free missions over third world countries. Within 20 to 30 years all fighters will be unmanned so we'll probably see interesting approaches to future planes.

>designing fighters
>complaining about obsolete stealth
Fighters are obsolete, drones are the future.

>Carrier has arrived

Why not just have one radar per target and aggregate the results?

Really makes you think

future flying carrier with thousands of drones working together, when?

If stealth was usless, WHY IS EVERYONE DEVELOPING STEALTH jets?

Even Japan and S Korea want a air superiority stealth fighter to compliment the F35s they have.

Serbians were able to down a stealth F-117A in 1999 tracking with obsolete Soviet radar and using a Yugoslavian Isayev S-125 from the 60s to shoot it down.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_F-117A_shootdown#Downing

The running joke at the time in Serbia was "Sorry, we didn't know it was stealth."

/k/ had this same thread opener two days ago.

Because that is a lot of radar stations.

The F22 was a mistake. They should have gone with the F23.

>unmanned fighters

>oh shit we lost latency with the fighter,and that why it crashed and burn

Drones you can buy for under $100 are smarter than that.

If you will actually read that you'll find this:
>In 2005, Colonel Zoltán Dani confirmed this in an interview, suggesting that those modifications involved using long wavelengths, which allowed them to detect the aircraft when the wheel well or bomb bay doors were open.
So yeah, if you expose non stealth components of the aircraft, it is less stealthy.

This thread is stupid because most of you are missing the point. The point of stealth technology was never 100% undetectability. The point is to significantly reduce the radar return in order to reduce the range at which the enemy can detect you. With a lower reaction time, you are more likely to be able to get in, complete your mission, and get out before they can engage you. It also makes it easier to break radar locks from AA and SAM missiles which are the primary thread these days. It gives you a significant advantage against older technology. Sure Russia or China can field brand new missiles with better radar, but all the smaller nations they sold SA-2s to won't be able to.

I think a good analogy is armor. Sure you can always come up with some new shell or warhead to defeat the new armor, but that doesn't mean armor is pointless and we should just strip the armor off of tanks.

Detect? Technically true. Differentiate that detection from all the background noise? Probably not.

I think the F-117 is a cool plane.

Expensive though.

I would rather have 15 million burgers.

>Current gen fighters go out of date within 5 to 10 years anyway.

What is the F-15?
What is the F-16?
What is the F-18?

The F-117 wasn't what it was cracked up to be.
The B-2 is much better technology wise, the F-23 was perfect and outperformed the F-22 in most aspects (lagging a little in maneuverability which is no where near as important as it used to be) but some jews in Washington sold out.
And let's not even go into the F-35. It was supposed to be an F-22 remake without the stealth technology they weren't going to export, at a cheaper price and the development program has ended up costing more than 100x as much.

All technically obsolete.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

>The F-117 wasn't what it was cracked up to be.
When the 117 was flying over Baghdad dropping bombs with impunity back in the 90s it was doing exactly what it was sold as.

>Serbians were able to down a stealth F-117A in 1999

They shot one down out of like a thousand sorties. And the one they shot down had problems with its uundercarriage, exposing it's signature.

If anything, that event proved stealth works.

The F117 also flew the initial and most dangerous missions over Iraq during the Gulf War, over a thousand sorties as well. Not a single one shot down.

Wow, you're incredibly misinformed and wrong about nearly everything you said.

F-117 was absolutely amazing for something from the 70s, and was unparalleled until the B-2 entered service. It allowed nearly risk free missions in Iraq, and only ever got downed once due to negligence on behalf of the US, and superb planning on part of the SAM operator. The F-23 was a good aircraft, but it possibly wouldn't have lasted as long as the F-22, due to the placement of the bays. The F-22 was also the more conservative design. The F-35 is a fantastic aircraft, marred by a massive amount of disinformation and outright lies spread by such geniuses as Pierre Sprey, a music producer/water treatment expert, Carlo Kopp, an incredibly biased blogger with a major boner for the F-111, and David Axe, a clickbait writer.

>this design philosophy produces better fighters
Dogfighting in 1970+ year? Really?

Stealth is giving you a time advantage, even if it is just a few seconds. That is enough to dump all your missile load before you will be shot down. Which means that you will loose one aircraft while enemy could possibly lose many.

No, they literally are.

They are still perfectly functional fighter jets but technologically they are obsolete. Just like how computers from five years ago are functional but obsolete.

That doesn't matter. Getting and maintaining lock on it so that your missiles can actually hit it is the difficult part.

that one exposed a serious issue with ALL of those "stealth bombers"
when they open teh hatches to drop its payload, they're easily detected on radar.

fact that they only managed to shoot down one was because they were using weapons and even tech from the 60s.

>produces better fighters.
you mean fighter pilots right?
i agree though, going for "stealth" is a stupid empty endless money pit, which is the only thing the military is good for these days it seems. the f 35 is a joke and even f16s win in dogfights against them.

when solar panels and/or batteries can keepup with all that waste of power

>WHY IS EVERYONE DEVELOPING STEALTH jets?
because it's an endless money sink which the masses and their retarded puppet leaders are too stupid to understand how worthless it actually is.

personally i just can't believe how they're willing to put pilots lives at risk with this shit

>makes it easier to break radar locks from AA and SAM missiles
hardly, there's a reason everyone's getting all uppity about russian SAMs.

boeing is just pissed they lost their billion dollar contract and wasted countless burgers on their prototype

really though the f35 is garbage. can't dog fight, over priced, and literally kills its pilots

first stealth plane developed in the 70's was beat because muh doors

B-2 is still untouchable, F-22 is untouchable, F-35 is suppose to be just as stealthy if not more stealthy than the F-22

Russia,China,Turkey,South Korean,Japan,Iran all developing stealth aircraft

but stealth can't keep up, top kek

>Literally kills pilots
Surely you can provide a source for that.
>Can't dog fight
Controllable at +-110 degrees AoA says otherwise. Besides that, you've royally fucked up if you've managed to get yourself in a dogfight.
>Overpriced
Costs around 100 million for a F-35A, which is less than a F-15E and a bit more than buying a new F-16 would cost. I'd say that's pretty reasonable.

>Japan F-35s

I thought their government wouldn't let them buy any?

>surgical strike against user
>take his 15 million burgers
>now I have a stealth plane AND 15 million burgers

do you even military tactics?

Daily reminder that a Sopwith Camel from WWI can out-maneuver a F-35 :^)

>Just like how computers from five years ago are functional but obsolete.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

not an argument

>Literally kills pilots
>Surely you can provide a source for that.
do your own research you lazy punk
the jackets suffocate the pilots.

>you've royally fucked up if you've managed to get yourself in a dogfight.
lmao, because two machines the size of houses flying over mach 1 will neeeever get close enough for a dogfight... because flying below the radar to get close enough to fuck someone who doesn't appear on radar is soooo hard, not like there's a massive trail or heat signature for missiles to lock onto anyway...

>price
are you seriously trying to argue this? the competition from the ruskis costs half the price.

they bought like 2 before realizing they got cucked.

>he thinks the military ever steals shit
look at iraq, shithole would've been better off today if they stole the oil before pulling out haha. still though i think obama made the right call on that one.

stealth is a meme but it's a good one, because it forces the opfor to research it as well

whoever can print the most money wins

hm so youre saying you cant cloak shit but you can make shit so fast u cant even see it? wow

ironically the commies invented edge-diffraction style stealth

For you

I crosspost all the time

They will be autonomous you dingus. I'm quite certain avionics, radar, armament and even the air frame gets upgrades within 5 to 10 years for each of hose models. I believe you Americans calls the revisions for block.

Hole reason it is shit show is cause we didnt steal the oil,and the enemy uses the oil to wage war against us fag

I love this shitposting about Soviet era long wavelength radar being the F22/F35 silver bullet. The reason for this is that the planes are designed and optimized around X band short wavelength-high frequency radar that enemy fighters and active seeking missiles use.

The ~100 sq meters of antenna needed for S400 sites doesn't fucking fit in an plane or seeker head so that is why fighters are designed against. The datalink between a missile site and a non-active seeker is targeted by ECM and jamming as well as being attacked with stand off weapons.

>Costs around 100 million for a F-35A
But development costs are already over 1trillion and still rising. Development hasn't finished though production has started.
They're basically selling it at a cheaper price because they have stacks of cash from the development.

stupid question, do they make optical/radar hybrid missiles now?
it's pretty easy if it's in visible range to switch to optical with modern software?
missile can see target nowdays

>Iraq
>no "stealth" planes shot down
>even trying to compare mudslimes against Serbians
Considering the Jews bombed the shit out of the one and only nuclear reactor Iraq ever had, despite being warned by the king of Jordan himself that they are on the way...
Not one of those fighters was stealth meme, just F-16s and F-15s...
Not one plane was lost, the idiots even had a radar station close to the reactor...

Compare that to the shitton of ordnance that harmlessly plowed serbian fields when the mobile SAMs just moved around, probably having a god laugh about how NATO pilots always shit their pants

Fighters do visual interceptions every single day.
If it was just case of shooting down any aircraft indiscriminately BVR you wouldn't even need an aircraft.

This. It was also more a e s t h I t I c

>>maneuverability
>>light-weight construction
>>high performance engines
>>increasingly advanced flight and engine control
>>better ECM

Did you just describe the JAS Gripen ?

>even trying to compare mudslimes against Serbians

One of those made the other walk circles around his own house on all fours with boots on his hands, while claiming his newly wed wife for the night.
And did it for about 600 years.

>Sandy Bridge era is obsolete
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It is. Support is ending, boards with the socket aren't made anymore, DDR3 is on the way out, no m.2, etc

They're obsolete, but still functional.

to spend your money somehow, buddy

Instead of stealth, why not try to make things that remove the threat of missiles more apt? I am retarded a bit but why not

>detachable decoy drones that give of a greater heat signature than the aircraft
>something something reducing of heat signature
>crazier chaffs/flares