Does VLC has problems with screen tearing...

Does VLC has problems with screen tearing? I set up my laptop to a large monitor(2560x1080) and I notice screen tearing in movies. laptop it's a i5 with 8gb ram and I turn off the latop screen when I use the other.

Yes

Consider switching to mpv. Don't let it intimidate you, it's the best current media player and it's not hard to use.

works for me

t. Sup Forums pleb

Try opengl rendering

VLC should only be used for streaming, thats what it was designed for. There are better media players like mpv and mpc-hc.

What de? Try compton

Yup, it's especially noticeable with anime.

MPV or MPC-HC.

>watching movies on a computer screen

This. I do still have VLC, but mpv is more comfy. It doesn't have any interface at all putting more focus on the video, and keyboard controls are very straightforward and you even get a manual with it.
VLC is still very good and I've only noticed the video "tear" when I pause it for more than a few seconds. I have no idea why this happens, but mpv doesn't have these problems.

>he has a poorfag monitor

>screen tearing
VLC on Windows 7 doesn't have this problem

>2560x1080
But I see you're living the meme, lol

I've never notice VLC doing that. Sounds like it has more to do with your laptop not being quite powerful enough for that sized monitor.

>2017
>VLC can't seek mkv files without shitting itself

>my pc is shit
>so is my os
(You)

happens on my 5820k at 4.2GHz with 32GB RAM on an NVMe SSD

What more does it need?

>unironically defending a known vlc problem

It doesnt matter what pc or os you use. vlc is not written well.

it works on my pc

Only with slow disk or inadequate CPU.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with VLC.
Anyone (and everyone) that claims otherwise is merely trying to meme you into switching to an inferior media player.

well memed my friend

>VLC
use mpv

mpv can stream everything as well

This

OP here, what codec should I use to watch movies on mpc-hc. and which of the mpv version is better?

I've always used CCCP and had no issues ever

VLC has problems with everything. Dubbing, syncing, it's just been a buggy piece of shit for years.

yeah but it seems like it was made for anime

for mpc-hc you don't have to install anything additionally. it is good to go.