I installed Linux Mint, and it is my first distro

I installed Linux Mint, and it is my first distro.
Did I do good, or did I goofed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5sWC2h1pb0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh man you have no idea how much ya dun goofed

oh man you have no idea how much ya dun good

Depends on where and when you downloaded your iso.
Otherwise dont listen to the butthurt ubuntufags, linux mint is way better than ubuntu

Solus is better for beginners =^)

I wouldn't say "way better", it's just Ubuntu with better defaults and more codecs. Almost perfect if you can't be arsed to configure anything.

I was mainly a windows user
Tried some linux distros on and off
Wanted to switch to linux after the bullshit with win10
Tried ubuntu first, but I didn't like it
Now I'm using Linux Mint and it is really good.

Only problems I had were small configurations to customize things.

Install Solus

>60 gorrilion packages on a fresh install
>doesn't get regular security updates
>official ISO mirrors hacked
>devs are p*jeet-tier retards

LOL THUMBNAIL FAG HAHA

gorrilion packages on a fresh install
People switching from Windows don't care about "muh bloat". Nothing wrong with having everything OOB either unless you're really tight on space.
>>doesn't get regular security updates
If I wasn't using Xubuntu right now I'd post a screenshot of the update manager showing you're full of shit.
>>official ISO mirrors hacked
Yea, that sucks. Not like other distros don't get hacked though. The Ubuntu forums got hacked like 5 months ago, right?
>>devs are p*jeet-tier retards
This isn't an argument.

>if i wasn't using a better distro right now i'd show you why the one i'm not using isn't an insecure piece of shit

You did great, bud.

I'll be reinstalling mint when I get my new hard drive soon. Quit shitposting.

Did you install the Cinnamon version? If you did then it's ok, I guess. There's literally no other reason to use Mint.

youtu.be/5sWC2h1pb0c

you did good, as long as it boots up and you can log in and do whatever you like to do on your computer, keep learning all you can about linux and it will be beneficial for you, the more you learn the better you will become and someday you will be a Linux guru that mastered the GNU/Linux operating system

fuck off kevin

getting real tired of your fucking shit kevin

yep mint is cinnamon

can anybody explain to me what the hell LMDE (linux mint debian edition) is ? seems like alot of work to maintain another distro..... for what ?

also fuck windows 10 and fast boot. I had a friend almost give up trying install mint when that keept getting in the way... i am used to things being so simple on old hardware. what a mindfuck.

I think you did well.
You basically have Ubuntu's automagic and support with Mint's projects.

That means almost any guides and how-tos people write about Ubuntu will also work on Mint.

Cinnamon is really nice, in particular.

>Linux Mint
It's fine. Basically a slightly better Ubuntu with botnet removed. You come for the botnet removal but stay for Cinnamon.

It's basically Libre Office compared to Open Office. Ubuntu went retarded and proprietary and fuck you that's why, and everyone else just forked it and kept going in the FOSS direction.

How did you get it to boot?

You did good. Good distribution for beginners. Next I would say Antregos or Debian. Ubuntu is okay with Gnome. Unity DE is okay too.

>Linux Mint
you fucked up

>Ubuntu with botnet
why is this meme still a thing?
Ubuntu has no botnet as of 16.04

win fag installed mint as dual boot what can i do with this OS? i'm noob at linux

Use it for everything you'd normally do on Windows, but safer? If you absolutely need windows, log out and restart, otherwise keep on Linux. Lern stuf