Stolen Phones

>Mom left her iPhone in a changing room at the mall
>Realized it was missing, called it
>Straight to voicemail
>clearly the fucker isn't retarded because FIND MY IPHONE
>Set up lost mode but is useless until its turned on

So Sup Forums, whats your experience with stolen phones? What exactly do prawns do to sell stolen phones? DO any of you have experience with this or any recovery stories?

I steal androids
Ama

Basically, if you have the IMEI (or a device serial) which you should and if not you can easily retrieve it from your carrier; you can prove you own the phone.

In which case, you show them the documentation they are legally required to return it to you and then report the person who sold it to the police.

Most if not all pawn shops are required by law in non-shit countries to have a licence or other identifying document as well as a contact number, name and birth-date provided at the point of purchasing the device.

There are very few ways to get away with this sort of thing these days. We refuse to buy mobiles without any indication that they're the original owner, if a device is locked and there isn't a reasonable explanation as to why or it is otherwise suspicious, we contact police immediately regardless.

t. I work for CashConverters.

how do you sell them for profit?

/thread
the phone will be locked. apple went full awesome by making it very hard to unlock/reset their phones long as there is a passcode.
has she checked lost and found yet? maybe you don't live in a country filled with worthless sacks of shit

Niggers just sell iCloud-locked iPhones on Craigslist and lie about there being a "hack" online to remove the lock.

Or they'll just sell it online "for parts" and get at about half the phone's market value.

Factory reset them then sell them back to a pawn shop or something, its not hard

Hey a screen is a screen that you fix for someone ;)

I have a stack of 5s that are locked - getting bunch of logic boards on trade from China. Will prob make a few grand for my efforts.

Also talking to you on a non iCloud linked iPhone 6 I found last year. It had a passcode but Redid the firmware from an .ipsw and got lucky. It can still happen.

You can't get past an icloud password no matter what you do. The phone is bricked.

Yeah, you can't do this unless you live in some third world shit hole because of what said. In fact, something that guy didn't mention is that a lot of manufacturers work with the network providers and allow them to lock their devices remotely too.

So bullishit on several accounts. Nice try ifag shill.

>left it charging unattended in a mall

Your mom deserved it.

theres literally no point in swiping it though.
its like hey, heres this 200gram metal brick. It's worth nothing to me but something to someone else.
Cool.
Here in Switzerland, you can do this. the person might really need it charged soon but also have business they need to tend to in the meantime, so what?
I wish people elsewhere could be as good as swiss people. besides, if people in your country need to steal, it must be thirdworld

>need
I don't NEED the extra couple hundred quid I'd get from selling a stolen phone, but if I had that money then I'd find a use for it. Catch my drift?

>If people in your country need to steal, it must be thirdworld

So, you are calling all developed countries including your own thirdworld?

>What exactly do prawns do to sell stolen phones?

They just sell it to some idiot without unlocking it or anything. (if they had the knowledge to unlock it then they would be rich and would not take the risk to steal phones)

give it back, jamal.

>third world idiot
stop projecting your shit culture.

Hi Amjed.

I'm pretty sure it is time to go back to the Mosque.

Just because I am against stealing does not mean I am a muslim... I mean... I AM a muslim, but there are also nonmuslims that is against stealing. Theft destroys society and everyone would be better off if you got your hand cut off.

>family member lost a galaxy s4 in the middle of the night at a train station
>call phone
>somebody gave it to the local police station
Feels good not having to live in a shithole.

>live in third world country
>nigger steal my wallet and Droid turbo
>go to police and fill the paperwork
>find out next day that my shit has been recovered
>police found the guy but he was armed and shot back so they killed him
>police found money, 6 iPhones and other 3 androids in his house
>his mom kept yelling how he was not a criminal and how the police persecute blacks

i think we all know you have more than enough dragon dildoes already faggot.

>amputating someone
>thinking you can judge man
>thinking you can mutilate gods creation
why haven't you killed your haram self faggot?
i'm not religeous and tell people who steal they should kill themselves, but i would never wish mutilation on anyone other than the worste sacks of shit.
like pedophiles, people who set people on fire.. etc etc

Lots of iPhones for a 3rd world country

but it will be worthless? You're not going to be able to sell it.

crime literally does not exist in my town, i have never seen or heard of anything like this happening aside from vacations outside or to some areas of major cities with illegals

My sister just got out of prison for a few things, one of which was flipping stolen goods like phones, tablets and computers. The guy who trained her showed her many ways to keep devices from phoning home before they had a chance to sell it. They were able to flip a device within hours. In some cases, before the victim even realized anything was missing so the device acted completely normal to the buyer. By the time the victim could lock the device remotely it had already changed hands and the buyer had already handed over the cash. Pretty much all the money they made from this was seized when she was arrested. I was even questioned because she once brought me a computer that had a bios lock on it and I easily got past it, and another time I showed her how to bypass the activation screen on an older droid phone. I honestly had no idea she was setting me up to be an accessory.

I live in a wealthy neighborhood and he was stealing here for some weeks now. IPhones are the general rich girl main accessory everywhere in the world.

nice sixes.
it's sad how many sacks of shit try to pull this scam.
what's sadder is when your family does it

i know one fuckbag who only turns on a stolen phone in someones house, trying to get the person who owns the place to try and fuck over the owners of said house.
this is why we can't have nice things.
suicide is better than this gay earth. too many sacks of shit who deserve to die in a fucking fire exist for the sole purpose of making life miserable

Where I live there's alleyways full of Peruvians who will unlock, restore and flash your iPhone 7 and not think anything of it. For dirt cheap, too.
I think they even have a college degree for it back home.

It's not that hard with the right equipment, you just need like 100 bucks worth of chips from aliexpress to replace the nand memory, the cpu and the broadcom chip with the imei and then the Nand flasher which is the most expensive tool you need which you can also get from aliexpress.

Of course it's allowed to judge man, that is why we have laws and there are tons of laws in the Bible. Even atheists think it is reasonable to judge man.

Cutting off the hand is pragmatic because that is what thieves use to do crime.

Switzerland is a third world country. You dog eaters weren't allied with NATO or the WP.

i said left it in changing room, not charging unattended. Both still quite a stupid act nonetheless

agreed. I highly recommend suicide to some, suicide is BADASS

>family member loses phone outside
>person finds it
>they call the number listed under "mom" and tell them they're turning the phone into the lost and found of the store they found it outside
>wish them a great day and apologize for the inconvenience

met the guy later on and bought him some modelo beer