Which thermal compound does Sup Forums prefer? Which other cooling methods does Sup Forums utilize?

Which thermal compound does Sup Forums prefer? Which other cooling methods does Sup Forums utilize?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/381857096774
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is like asking someone what kind of windex they prefer
>the blue kind

The stuff that's already on the cooler when it comes out of the CPU box.

When reapplying? Mayonnaise.

So you don't think the Arctic Silver 5 is going to be better than a thermal "grease"? I picked up some TG-3 cause it was the only thing at the shop.

>feels good to have the best cpu cooler in production
>feels good to not have to worry about pump issues within 5 years
>feels good to have the lowest temps

god it's nice being superior, how can custom loop fags even compete?

I use artic silver

arctic silver is the only thing worth using

The shit that came with my noctua meme cooler

Thermal compound has one job, and it is not a complicated one.
As long as you don't use too much, live in a desert, or hard overclock, it really doesn't matter what you use.

>how can custom loop fags even compete?
by not needing 60cm clearance, aside from that the nh d14 is flawless

>god it's nice being superior, how can custom loop fags even compete?
by building simple loops with drain options and having superior temperatures compared to the most expensive and ugly looking air cooler.
also my CPU hates having a big ass heavy cooler on it and gives me memory controller problems.

wrong

you can get 3-5 degrees easily just from changing thermal paste

>3-5 degrees actually matters

I use my own cum. Works great.

in laptops?
yes. Sometimes it's a matter of
>to throttle or not to throttle

it does here in norcal

This, semen is the best, followed by mayo

What's wrong with your Dark Rock Pro 3? Did you use the wrong picture?

ARCTIC SILVER

for drying them weeds?

I've been using Arctic Silver since the 2000s. I've read a lot of benchmarks, supposedly it's one of the best pastes around but who really knows. It works well for me but I'm not going to shill it. Paste is paste really, I just use it because I have good temps with it.

The thermal grizzly stuff is pretty good.

Unless you're overclocking big time the only two benefits really are noise (as lower CPU temps mean fans soon slower) and throttling (for laptops)

Why use thermal grease when cum works just as fine?

I bought something similar to ebay.com/itm/381857096774 few years ago, I still use it on every CPU/GPU

Currently using those paste + Hyper 212 + i5-6400 (oc to 4.44 Ghz). It stays around 40ishC on IBT and Prime95 (although thats probably due to winter, ambient is about 0C).

Never been an issue

Arctic Silver for the most CPUs and GPUs. For other electronic stuff thermal pads, if the part has to be electricly isolated from the cooler. If not, mostly any mid-ranged performance thermal compound with a good ageing characteristic.

I'm getting about 70c watching 480p videos on YouTube

what the shit is that? generic chinese arctic silver knock-off?

on the cpu?
water cooling is not significantly better then the best air options, and even the cheapest water is more expensive by a large amount then air.

if you custom loop you have to worry about at least one fan, and one pump as failure points, and unless you have a pump on hand, why would you, if that goes you are out a computer for 3-14days
you also have at minimum 6 points of failure in the tubes, depending on reservoir potentially 7-9 points of failure that all fry your computer.
Then you have to worry about algae and corrosion which can take your coolers out completely.
And cleaning this shit means you have to disassemble everything, and hope to fuck you have it all back in working order, with the right amount of torque as with the one we have on a gpu, to much and it leaks, to little and it leask.

meanwhile air... you have to worry about dust,
if a fan is going to die, you generally hear it before it kicks off
fans are also cheap enough that having a spare in the 2-3 sizes your computer uses is reasonable, and with many coolers, like they have redundant fans, so even if one dies, you just have slightly worse temps for a few days till your replacemnet comes int.

The only benefit for water cooling anymore is

1) space, it takes up far less
2) far more quiet

If these are important to you, then thats why you go for it, otherwise but a gpu with a decent cooler and a heat sync for the cpu, you are good to go.

Generic thermal paste

I just posted link cause it was similar quantity/price/similar looking. Its not the exact model I bought, but I bought a 20g or maybe it was 30g version for few dollars 2 years ago.

The best thermal paste is some grizzly shit that is 30-40$ a tube, retarded cost
gelid gc extreme is a good runner up if not to best till that grizzly shit came around
arctic silver 5 is well known, and readily available, probably was the best at some point in time too.

all the above are safe options.

there is also some liquid metal thermal compound that is better then them by a lot, but is a fairly large risk due to the fact its conductive and will eat through aluminum.

there is also a solder type pad that melts through burn in process that is hands down the best, but only for intel e series i7, or at least only recommended for them.

personally i would recommend the gelid but if push come to shove, you gotta piss with the cock you got not the one you want and anything is better then nothing.

>feels good to have the best cpu cooler in production

Objectively wrong.

If you're changing from mayonaise to generic paste, maybe.

def arctic silver. shit's so good it can't be removed without force

Arctic Silver 5 AS5-3.5G

House is thin walled, drafty and the air conditioning is bad. Temps never go above 52 celsius in summer. EVO-212 heat sink the size of a basketball on my motherboard.

God, I love my gaming washing machine.

oh boy... for that much i think i could buy a Refrigerator to keep the computer in.

I use gelid extreme

I've had best results with Noctua NH1.

it gave me 10c cooler temps on my enermax cooler vs AS5, also it comes for free with all my heatsinks so fuck it

Sorry about your eye cancer

Indigo xtreme or anything not arctic silver.

I have used computers for over 20 years and never reapplied that shit.

I only use AS5, but definitely going to buy some Thermalright Chillfactor 3 as it performs better.

>cooler more expensive than a CPU

I have a tube of AS5 that I've been using for about 6 years now

>$CURRENT_YEAR
>Not using personal lubricant

Seriously Sup Forums?

Take your thermal jewpound shit back to

Sure, but if it beats yours at cooling, then it's the best cooler in production

You should say "best bang for the buck" rather than "best cooler".

And the best bang for the buck is the hyper 212, not your beige bullshit

thats no OP.

>You should say "best bang for the buck" rather than "best cooler"
yeah.

I actually did buy the NH-D15 recently because I wanted something that would work for a very long time without much complication. its going to be in a windowless Define R5 case that will never be opened.

But i do live in a desert. Im ready for 40 degree c summers and amd heaters running