> Wifi goes out
> Unaware
> Use YouTube
> Wifi goes out
> Unaware

> 21 days later nearly 400mb used by both without my knowing or control
>2016 and can't deny certain apps mobile data
>Block background data doesn't work

How can I get through this ? This is my first month and ... Lol I have 23 more months to pay off Nexus 5X.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9700
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not buying your phone off contract

I think you made a pretty bad mistake. If you have t-mobile coverage at all there are like 3 MVNOs that offer true unlimited LTE for under $70 a month. Anyway, people very very drastically over estimate the amount of performance they require from their phone. I guarantee you if I took the internals from my $100 Galaxy S4. No, fuck that, from my $12 moto e, and some how put them in say a Galaxy S7 body, you could never tell the difference.

A low end chip is perfectly sufficient for web browsing, messaging, music, etc. What 99.9% of people do on their phones. Try to get out of your shit contract and pick up a new phone. You can buy the moto g4 play on verizon prepaid for $75 and it is GSM unlocked out of the box.

disconnect mobile data when you're on wifi?
is that too difficult?

> 21 days later nearly 400mb
Do you have a limit at 400mb or what the fuck is the problem?

(1st World 4GB limit/9€ master race)

>Unlimited 4G/£15 master race

Get on my level

>having a limit at all
>first world
pick one

and can't deny certain apps mobile data
my firewall can block mobile data specifically for any app

I already have the money for it ($200) it ain't bad and no interest. It's actually sensible go with it. It'll improve my credit slightly anyway.

I don't need unlimited. I have unlimited internet at home and I'm mostly at work or home. So for my current needs I'm perfectly. If I had a business sure I'd be fucked but currently this is a good option.

I was looking for a workaround this but yeah I guess I have no choice. But then WhatsApp and Google allo won't work :(

My problem is that apps are using data without my knowledge and sometimes it happens when I'm out and about.

I was about to get this but I don't trust a free firewall third party app rerouting my traffic

>I was about to get this but I don't trust a free firewall third party app rerouting my traffic
not even from f-droid?

my android warns me when im about to hit a threshold i set, and then if i pass that it'll cut it off

AFWall you fucking retard

>can't deny apps mobile data
Yes you can you fucking idiot. App traffic control comes with 5.0+ Android, and even if you don't have it by default you can use AFwall+ or NetGuard.
>inb4 don't want to root
NetGuard works without root. And why wouldn't you root? That's like saying you don't want root/admin access on your PC. Stop being a cuck.
>I don't trust 3rd parties
Then don't use anything you didn't code yourself and stop using non-google services on Android. There's no reason not to trust AFwall as it's open source and has nothing to hide™.

Hmm...
I've used that to save 100mb that I have left lol
I have stock Android and it's not there.
And I don't need root. I don't need to install pajeets master in the streets poo in the sheets ROM

Just cause I don't have the same autistic standards as you downstairs make me a retard faggot.

"Then don't use anything"

Alright I'll go burn my phone now. And burn my car too cause I might crash one day. And burn my house cause I might get robbed.

Root =/= installing custom ROM you illiterate. It's equivalent of logging in as administrator on Windows.
And yes, if you don't understand technology you're retarded.

>I've used that to save 100mb that I have left lol
Fi won't cut you off if you go over, it'll just charge you for the excess at the normal rate.

>But then WhatsApp and Google allo won't work
wont work on wifi?

what are you getting this shit from?

when at home, i just disable mobile data, everything keeps working perfectly

most apps should have an option to not do anything over mobile data, even overchan can work text only in mobile, you can browse Sup Forums in full under a single megabyte

That's too bad bro. Next time get an iPhone you can control cellular data usage for each app individually.

>tfw no telco in Australia offers unlimited cellular data

Apple literally has nothing more to offer.

Lol retard. Netflix and YouTube both have a setting inside the respective apps to deny mobile data use and strictly use wifi

>Tech illiterate, blames the product

You clearly do not know how to use a smart phone so get and old nokia dumb phone instead.

They're eastern europeans, the prices are low because their country's average wage is below the poverty line for first world countries.

You CAN stop certain apps from using mobile data though user, it's in the settings you dumb cuck

The prices are low because all of these countries have brand new infrastructure. They built their first connections like a few years ago while ((((first)))) world countries (or as I like to call them, niggerified countries) have old infrastructure from decades ago that doesn't work well and costs way more to maintain.

Yes and guess who paid for Eastern European telco infrastructure. A hint: it wasn't Eastern Europeans.

Get No Root Firewall. Can block certain apps from using wifi/mobile data.

>touchwizz

>Having data limits

Grandfathered in unlimited data plan at like $55 a month feels good bruh. Yeah getting a new phone can sometimes be a pain but meh.

>21 days later nearly 400mb used by both without my knowing or control
400mb in 21 days is nothing. 400mb in one day by video streaming app is nothing

>2016 and don't know how to deny certain apps mobile data
fixed

>not being on boost mobile and getting legit unlimited high speed data for $45 a month
you dug your grave, no lie in it

This, prepaid offerings are so good and cheap even fi can't beat it. I got into fi and even got credit approved for a new phone, but even just the plan alone is a worse deal than what I get on cricket.

Could be worse, look at this shit in Canada.

You can get some better plans but most people are lazy and would prefer to keep paying $100/month and bitch and whine.

Why not just turn off your "mobile data" when you not using it?

>touchwizz

>can't deny individual apps access to mobile data

Holy fuck android plebeians you don't even have basic functionality hahahahha

>complaining about 4 fucking dollars

Root your phone and install a firewall. Use it to block access to streaming apps from using cell service. Done.

>can't deny certain apps mobile data
:^)

wow user, that was so original and funny XD

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Cant afford proper data plan

Isn't it like 10 per GB on Fi? Shit fucking sucks.

Just turn off your data.shit and ONLY use wifi.

:^^^^^^^^)

lol, you better buy a data pack to give you some more data goy!

>be in college
>forced to use shitty website for math
>nowhere to work
>website wont work on phones
>go to a park and use phone for wifi for laptop to go on site and do homework
>only load up site and load a handful of pages
>mfw my data for the whole month is blown through within 15 minutes

I hate "web designers" so fucking much.

That limits video quality that doesn't deny mobile data use fool

> Blames the product
The feature I want isn't theree

It isn't. Show me yours sweety.

I don't need unlimited for phones since I already pay Comcast $65 a month for 25mbps internet. (No I don't have a choice of another provider fucking monopoly)

I think the more important question is: How and why does your wifi just "go out"?

On my iPhone, I turn off cell data and "wifi assist."

The feature is there, you just don't know how to use it.

I pay 15 dollars per month to get 350 minutes and unlimited texting, with 50 mb of data.

In Android you can set foreground and background data settings for each app if you want.

Background data is used for synching and other background functions when your screen is off.

Foreground data is used when your screen is on and you are using the active app.

You can set these options for wifi and for mobile data as you want. Just open any app's "app info" and select "app data usage".

Yup, 30 base w/ 1 gig, 2 gigs would be 40, 3 50 and so on. I'm on a Cricket plan that is 40 for 2.5GB of LTE (that I never go over on) + Unlimited 3G. Would cost me 50 bucks on fi because they round up.

>He didn't rooted his phone

>Would cost me 50 bucks on fi because they round up.
Technically they don't, any unused prepaid data is credited back. It's still a bad deal for anyone that uses more than 1 gig of data though.

Why the hell are you guys using so much data? My month Fi bill is $23, and OP is on track for $30

I don't need to waste $40 on an unlimited plan. What are you guys doing? Streaming heavily downscaled videos 24/7? I'd much rather watch things over a stable Wi-Fi connection anyway.

>Falling for the Google Fi meme.
Enjoy paying out the ass for your data.
$10 per 1 GB you would have to be a fucking moron to agree to that.

Different people have different uses. Fi is about as cheap as it gets if you use very little data across multiple devices on the account but it quickly gets expensive if you use more than 500mb per person regularly.

Whatever you stupid dick, you can just tether if you want to save the $10 dollars it costs to add unlimited tablet data to a plan.

uh, i can block apps individually on my native android

>Tether devices in different physical locations
>Unlimited data on a plan approaching anywhere near ~$8/person when you're only using a tiny amount

Different people have different uses.

Fi is fucking expensive then, fuck that.

Same person from this post again, forgot to mention my 5 dollar monthly rebate for auto pay. Brings my actual bill to 35. fi is a literal meme service.

>2-3 people sharing 1GB of data.
Tmobile will give you 200MB free.
Basically you are a cucked dumbfuck. Your arguments suck.

T-Mo will not give free data on a smartphone, I originally wanted to go for that but they require a supported tablet and do actually check.

support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9700

Fi also gives $0.20 per minute and same data price for roaming, which is cheap as fuck when traveling.

Comcast

But user there is no foreground data setting. Only background. App settings is the same.

>2016 and you dont have unlimited 4g
ur mom

that's what you get for falling for the smartphone meme

fuck off only threes old customers have unlimited one plan. there is no other unlimited 4g plans in the uk m9

This is how it is in my phone.

You can clearly see two tabs there, DNA that is my operator and Wi-fi.

If I choose the lowest setting on the list called "DisableData Usage" it disables the mobile data usage only and leaves wi-fi enabled. My phone uses stock Android 6.0.1 and it is not rooted.

xposed modules can do this

Thats fucking shit

I am one of the old 3 customers who hasn't upgraded from the £15 one plan.

and can't deny certain apps mobile data

ANDROJEETS WILL DEFEND THIS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

But you can for every single app tho, just using Amazon as an example. If you're gonna shill, at least get your fucking facts right.

>bible
here's your reply

>Can only block background data

Better hope your wifi doesn't disconnect while you're watching Netflix.

its not unlimited anymore m8, its just their system is fucked, they will fix their data usage meter thats stuck at 12gb soon...

Are you retarded? You can deny permission for any app from receiving internet data and connecting/disconnecting from WiFi you imbecile. iOS doesn't offer anything close to this level of control

it's not your router it's the phone. the 5x has horrible wifi dropout issues. i suffered the same crap for months when i had no computer, on shoddy wi-fi, it'd drop, wouldn't alert me, and a few times i went over my 2GB soft cap by 2GB.

several possible fixes:
>use some annoying data blocking app like DataEye and become painfully aware of how shitty your wifi is when it's enabled
>never stream on shitty wi-fi/get a wifi extender/reposition your router so the wifi is stronger in the area you stream the most.
i sat outside in the garage/near the garage and streamed youtube in the summer months a lot. the wifi was so bad and dropping so constantly that i got fed up. i moved it from a bedroom to the dining room. stuck it up in the window and basically used the neighbor's aluminum siding as a wifi signal reflector. it easily tripled the wi-fi signal in my backyard, and the strength never drops below 80% over any inch of my property. so clearly router placement is pretty crucial.

last but not least
>stop caring and pay for the extra fucking data
there's also been a couple times where i just used an enormous amount of data because i'd forgotten that i had wifi disabled. shit happens, but ultimately it's your fault. the way project fi is set up it's essentially unlimited data anyway, you're only paying for what you're using. so in those off months you don't pay as much for data, consider it credit towards those months you fuck up and go over.

user ...Are you telling me that stock fucking Android doesnt have this option. !?!?

Stock Android cannot block permission for mobile data.

Yes it can

You absolutely can, you mong?

No, i'm telling you that stock fucking android can do it and i'm using stock fucking android here and the picture is from stock fucking android.

Read the post again.

>have T-Mobile
>Netflix and Youtube and many other video streaming services don't count towards data usage because of Binge-On program
>Spotify and Google Music and many other music streaming services don't count towards data usage because of Music Freedom program
>even if I went over my data cap it would just throttle me instead of charging me more
>don't have to worry about this shit at all

>having to do this manually every time you go out and come back
>Android can't even switch between cellular and wifi reliably in 2016

j
e
j

>he fell for the pay as you go meme

Idiot

You can do that on Android for years and i think it does natively since marshmallow or lollipop at least
>400mb
kys get a decent data plan

Disable Datausage

Nah you fucking retard you definitely have root shit going on. Because I do not have that setting I already posted a screenshot above.

Damn can't get no help on /g

I left this place for 2 years and you guys are still a bunch of retards.

Project fi is pay as you go

third world brazil shithole here
10 USD/mo 10GB
kys

> (You)
>No, i'm telling you that stock fucking stock Android can do it

No it can't.

your fault for not switching to sprint and getting unlmt data

Yeah, I always use less than a gig of data a month so it's really no big deal for me. Last bill was $32.

My phone is not rooted.

Could it be a regional thing because the device is sold in EU and it's not operator locked or dependent like in some places they seem to be?

It fucking baffles sensemate