What happened to the company that made the G4 cube, the 12-inch PowerBook...

What happened to the company that made the G4 cube, the 12-inch PowerBook, and all sorts of other things that were legitimately innovative? What killed the magic? How do we Make Apple Great Again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What killed the Magic
Pancreatic Cancer.

>Pancreatic Cancer.
It was truthfully homeopathic remedies. Pancreatic Cancer has an insanely high survival rate compared to other cancers when you, ya know, see an actual fucking doctor.
Source: I am a pancreatic cancer survivor.

It was actually aids.

>How do we Make Apple Great Again?
Stop wrapping all their shit in fucking aluminum.

>How do we Make Apple Great Again?
fire Tim cuck, appoint Scott Forstall as the CEO

Matte 16:10 laptop displays
Fully functional keyboards
100% libre boot loader and firmware

That's all it would take to make me pay $2000 for a MacBook Pro

>iPhone died when Jony took over and made it form before function
>MacBook Pros died when AMD started offering Apple below-manufacturing costs on their GPUs in exchange for continued business
>Mac Pros died because Intel updated their Thunderbolt standard, deprecating Thunderbolt/Thunderbolt 2, and AMD never updated their workstation line of GPUs
>iTunes became unbearably overpriced now that Apple Music is a thing

Literally, the only innovation that's going on is in the iPad and Apple Watch departments.

iPad with Pencil has the best drawing solution out there, better than any Cintiq, and the Apple Watch is the best companion/remote out there now that it streams apps instead of runs them natively.

I guess the Airpods also have innovative tech in them too, with instant pairing.

The problem is not that Jobs died, it's that Cook is a spineless yes man.

Here's how you fix Apple

>make every laptop $1500 or less
>bring back some of the fucking ports in the "pro" models
>make a more expensive dev edition iphone that's all open source and that dual boots ios and android
>get rid of the ipad in favor of the new mac touch, a tablet that runs mac os
>make the stupid pencil work on everything
>usb c in all mobile stuff, since lightning is garbage
>ditch the ipod touch/nano/shuffle and bring back click wheel ipods that support themes like rockbox does
>3.5mm headphone jacks in everything
>make an all-in-one dongle that has most of the ports a person needs
>make beats headphones that actually sound nice
>stop using shitty security screws
>stop soldering all the components down
>make docks for pro laptops similar to what lenovo and dell have for a desktop experience
>only do new product releases once every two years
>in between put on an event where you tell the public a little about what the company is working on to get them interested
>ask for feedback on products on the website

It actually doesn't, you're thinking of prostate cancer

but metal feels amazing compared to plastic

>Matte
Most Apple users love glossy screens, they feel more luxurious.

>make a more expensive dev edition iphone that's all open source and that dual boots ios and android
Disgusting.

In truth the problem is that other companies are catching up. Apple invented ultrabooks and before you know it there are like 5 decent ultrabooks from other companies in the market. For example if they had made the first MacBook Air in the mid 2000s Apple would've had a monopoly on ultrabooks so they would be seen as an innovative company. But because the model was copied so fast they aren't the only ones in the market and aren't seen as innovative.

old MacBooks were all matte

correction, iBooks and PowerBooks were matte, but when they were rebranded to MacBook and MacBook Pro with intel processors they switched to glossy displays.

had no idea
what did people say when they made the switch?

For awhile you could choose but it was generally well received because of the improved color. There were plenty of complaints about reflections though of course.

>For awhile you could choose
See that's a good business decision, let people choose and then deprecate the old version if the new one is well received.

Just why the fuck they didn't follow a similar approach with the USB-C ports is beyond me. Keep one legacy USB 3 port on the MacBooks for 2 more years or so and then officially get rid of it.

One of apple's srengths has been lack of choice.
That sounds counterintuitive to those with familiarity with hardware, but the acerage consumer doesn't want to do extensive research every time they want a new computer.
The want to be able to just walk into a store and buy a quality product. They don't want to have to think about all these different options they don't have any knowledge of, they want something that "just werks."

>There were plenty of complaints about reflections though of course.
Reflections become less of an issue when you have brighter screens, and Apple has continually refined their anti-glare coating on their screen with each new model, reducing glare significantly.

Steve Jobs is dead
Soichiro Honda is dead
Musk is going to just make batteries and roofing shingles

The Golden Age is ending.

Yeah, that's not true. It usually only detected after it has already metastasized. I mean, if it's caught early, sure. But usually it's a death sentence.

Well, fuck them. I'm not from the USA, Im from Germany and maybe in the USA you have lower prices, but in Germany they were quite high.
At first it was like fox and grapes, when I was poor and interested in Apple I could not afford their products due to the price, in terms of a consumer Apple pushed me away, so I got used to MS world/ecosystem and gnu linux world.
For now I'm a software developer making tons of money, but I don't need Apple anymore and am not interested in their products at all.
I use Windows/Ubuntu at work, I'm a software developer and at home too I have these two systems. OS X Server is totally useless. We don't even do testing for OS X, nobody in my company thinks that its worth it.
Even one of my best friend who was a macfag and was obsessed with Apple products and was a iOS obj-c programmer moved to Android. He sold almost all of his Apple products: imac, ipad, gave his iphone to some bitch and bougth google nexus. He learned java and now hes an android developer now. The only product he kept is his old macbook, because he its in daily usage, he uses it at home and at work, but he said in 1.5-2 years hes not gonna buy Apple anymore and thinks about buying just another regular laptop.
Really, fuck them. Apple is fuckin useless. The shittiest company ever known. If some day they go for bancrupcy I'd not give a single fuck.

>What killed the magic?
They have so much fan boys who would buy any shit they make, they just don't bother to leave the comfort zone and create innovative things anymore, because innovation in the corporate world means risk.

>12-inch Powerbook G4

Fuck that was such a sexy little laptop.

I think it is what eventualy almost always happens with companies run by stockholders that get too big.

The focus almost always ends up being squeezing as much money as possible from your clients with as little money you have to spend.

youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614

>tell the world
>your a faggot

There was still 2011 mbps with matte displays, not sure about later model.

>t. matte display mbp user

>your

>make docks for pro laptops similar to what lenovo and dell have for a desktop experience

Introducing the new Apple Cube Dock™
No Dongles™, No Wires™, Pure Freedom™.
Think™ Different

But macbook with 4 type c ports doesn't "just werk", you need dongels for it.

mine

>>make a more expensive dev edition iphone that's all open source and that dual boots ios and android

you wat