Is that a good one?

Is that a good one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nf__ZGD9SUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4nqcWP1VHKM
techreport.com/news/30907/evga-offers-fixes-for-overheating-gtx-1070-and-1080-cards
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=nf__ZGD9SUQ

He is not reviewing the dual.
Do you think the dual is the same as the strix ROG?

Dual is a slightly lower cost version of Stryx
youtube.com/watch?v=4nqcWP1VHKM

Asus, not even once

Okay, thank you man!
Is Asus bad for graphic cards? Or in general?

It has a reputation as the highest DPPM failure rate in years, however one user said that they look good in GTX 10xx series. Your choice.

I have a MSI Gaming X. It's a great card and keeps really cool. I would recommend you to buy that one, desu.

>asus
>not evga

I hope you never need customer service.

i just bought the exact same card, had two other friends say good shit about it so far.

Huh?... Stop buying EVGA 1070 at the moment !
techreport.com/news/30907/evga-offers-fixes-for-overheating-gtx-1070-and-1080-cards

>Housefires

>im too stupid to take off the heatsink and place a thermal pad on something!!!

You are paying 450 USD and need to modify your new purchase, just because you like EVGA brand? Go ahead, it is your money

Just get a brand that isn't shit.

I'm in the process of comparing 1070's atm, here is what I've gathered so far.

If we divide the 1070 pricepoints into 3 groups, I'd say your card is for sure one of the top cards in the lowest group. Zotac AMP is also good.

Jump up a price group (40-50 bucks more or so), and the Gainward Phoenix GS is a really good card. 1835 clock and big boy heatsink, no housefire memes here. Closely followed by the MSI Gaming X, which has a little lower base clock but 100mhz higher memeory clock.

Jump to the highest pricepoint and Gainward Phoenix GLH is absolutely the best with amazing cooling and base&memory clocks of 1873 and 8500.

thats not a vega

>Closely followed by the MSI Gaming X
Mine boosts to almost 2000Mhz on the core without any overclock, so don't guide yourself by that.

That sounds very strange. Why would they advertise a boost clock of 1797 if it actually boosts to 2000?

>bought the cheapest $380 gigabyte 1070 I could find
>2.07GHz clock and 8600mhz memory
>can't get it above 70° if I tried
>no housefire worries
Feels good to be a cheapass

its a 1070. cooling and power doesnt mean shit. its just silicone lottery.

its a decent card and its one of the cheapest 1070, you cant go wrong with it.

Silicone lottery is for breast implant success, you're thinking of something else

>Silicone lottery

yeah i noticed it after i posted.

No idea, friendo. But it's not the only one doing that, from reviews I read.

Here, running Heaven. 100% stock.

you guys seem to know about GPU overclocking, when am I supposed to stop? I have a 1070 at 2.1Ghz and from what I'm reading that should be high, but I'm seeing no errors or red blobs or miscolored pixels running the heaven benchmark
Is something wrong? Did I just get a good chip? Should I keep bumping up the clock until something breaks?

Are all cards doing that, or just MSI's?

There are no unsafe frequencies, only voltages and temperatures. Before overclocking you should know the max safe voltage.

I just set power limit to max 120% and have been bumping up the clock, I didn't plan on fucking with voltages if I don't have to (or if only gives me a small advantage over stock voltage) I'm just expecting errors and not seeing any and it's confusing me

>Are all cards doing that, or just MSI's?
No idea

Run Heaven or Valley everytime you bump the clock. If you don't see any crashes or artifacts (white noise usually indicates core and fucked up textures indicates memory) just keep bumping them up.

I thought a bios update was supposed to fix it... that's what I did. Just requested thermal pads just in case.