Windows Server 2016

How good is this OS, Sup Forums? I have recently installed Win2k16 on a VM, but I wanna know your opinions about it.

Not as good as Linux or BSD.

Buggier than 2015 LTSB

>tfw no dx12

How does it activate?

>Win2k16
>2k16

You mean 2000*16?

Never heard about Windows 32000.

If you meant 2016 and are just an idiot then you should get beaten up. It is less convenient to write 2k16, use just as many characters as the correct way and by using k as a multiplier you also imply that 16 should be multiplied.

Austistic fuxk alert

It is an evaluation release available in Microsoft's site.

k isn't a multiplier you dumb fuck.

1kb = 1000 b

2k = 2000

>k isn't a multiplier you dumb fuck.

Yes it is...

2k = 2000

where's waldo?

Don't, just use regular 10 Enterprise.

It's really easy to "debloat" it and tweak stuff around.

You can even make your own customized installation with NTlite if you want. I did so myself to integrate updates and disable annoyances like automatic installation of store apps and so on.

1 kb = 1024 b
2 k = 2048
Windows 204816, yep

MAK + phone activation

It's shit

Use Enterprise Ltsb. It is debloated by default. The Metro UI is completely removed. It doesn't even have the Store.

How do you provision a Windows Server properly, anyway? What is the equivalent of cfengine or Ansible?

No, no. k = 1000, kibi = 1024

Came here to post this.

Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager

It's 2016. Why in the ACTUAL FUCK do people still call it "Metro" and think that the start menu (which is now way different than Win 8 to begin with) is the whole UI? You could have the exact same functionality, layout, etc, as Windows 7 but apply a "metro" theme to it if you wanted. After all of these years I think people are too thick to concisely talk about their issues with the OS so they just blame it on a buzzword they're using incorrectly.

Storage Spaces Direct and nested virtualization are pretty nice, but those are the only new features I use.

Time slicing in hyper v has changed a touch as well, so I had to rebalance vm weight.

It's shit, unfortunately.

Try nano server or hyper v instead.

You have no idea what you're taking about do you?

Yes. I installed it and it wouldn't detect my audio drivers so I uninstalled it again.

It's a server. Audio isn't a concern. But starting the service is simple enough.

And you still have no idea what you're talking about...

>I dont know the difference between audio drivers and the windows audio service
>I'm too retarded to change a service from disabled to automatic
stay retarded user

Even I have enabled it - The OP

/thread

>claims k is not a multiplier
>uses examples where k is used as a multiplier

you uneducated fuck

>No, no. k = 1000, kibi = 1024
thanks to faggots like you, hdd manufacturers can jew us legally.

holy fuck stop breathing

k comes from KILO which means THOUSAND not 1024
It's derived from the Greek χίλιοι, meaning "thousand"

>I'm wrong and your right!

Actually it is thanks to Microsoft, we think that HDD manufacturers are cheating our money