What's the point?

What's the point?

DOSH

DELET THIS

netflix

laptops

Thats why AMD's stock is skyrocketing.

Intel if re-badging and cash grabbing and that consumer rage combined with AMD finally offering a competitor with Zen is a perfect storm for market shift

The future's here, I'm past my prime
When the evidence came, I committed the crime
Can you stand on your faith with your feet on the bible?
Who could ask for a better disciple
What's the point, I'm not sure I can
I'll never dig another grave, I'm afraid of what I'll find
If it hurts then you're too old
I'll take your shit and give you fucking gold

I hope they don't dissapoint like the last several times.

gotta hold on buying a new pc till new hardware gets released hopefully end of next month

So far they have Struck gold. The IPC is apparently VERY close to skylake and since Kaby lake has no gains on Skylake other than better binning and higher clocks that means in terms of single and multi thread the zen chips can compete.

Add onto that they they will all have unlocked multipliers and hyperthreading by default making them basically all i7-k processors by default in terms of capability so no more i5 non HT bullshit and no Locked i5/i7 that cannot overclock from AMD at least for desktop parts.

Supposedly the finally price for the 4-core/8-thread variant is as low as 199$ maybe even as low as 149$ and add to that the fact they they will offer cheaper motherboards capable of overclocking the chips where Intel required an expensive "z" type motherboard to overclock your overpriced "k" CPU

The Mother+CPU cost when by AMD will be so much lower and the performance especially for gaming will be so close to intel that the cost of a new system build will plummet.

Offering a B350 socket was genius on AMD's part. Now I can buy a cheap Motherboard with a single PCIe slot for my budget build that can still overclock my CPU like a Z board

>"""""leaked""""" benchmarks
Guys, seriously.
Seriously guys.

So, how long can I reasonably expect my i5 6500 to keep being good enough with the current grow?

5-7 years. 10 if you got a z170 and can oc it.

>AMD releasing new-socket motherboards with low oc potential and without southbridges for the lower spec lineup
>Half of zen is actually locked
>single thread performance of their best zen CPU is still below a 6500

Forcing windows users to """"" upgrade"""""(lol) to Windows10 malware edition™, while barely increasing performance.

There is no reason to purchase this insult.

Vote with your dollar and do not buy.

Is Intel even paying you for your shitposts my faggoty friend?

I have a 6700k and im sticking to it have not even overclocked it yet cause i have not felt the need to though how far could i take it on a 212 evo anyway?

>The IPC is apparently VERY close to skylake

No, it's way higher. At 3.3GHz it can equal the 6700k at 4GHz in games (in synthetic benchmarks it is faster, but that is to be expected since it has twice the cores).

>A new socket every 2 years keeps the goyim in fear

The only way to OC it decently is to delid it.

>delid it

Ill pass id rather not break a 350 dollar part

6700k has decent clockspeeds so enjoy it.

Better iGPU and native 4k decoding