What is the definition of a true "computer genius" and who are examples of them?

People I consider technical genius are:

>Edsger Dijkstra
>Stephen Cook
>Alan Turing
>John von Neumann
>Donald Knuth
>Tony Hoare

Not geniuses:

>Evan Spiegel
>Markus "Notch" Persson
>Mark Zuckerberg
>Elon Musk

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_55
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennart_Poettering
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>this thread again

fuck off

bill gates

Bill Gates and Richard Stallman both passed Math 55.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_55

>forgetting Woz in the top group and Jobs in the bottom one

That is some delectable side-boob, OP.

>Notch

would ram tongue as far up her asshole as i could get it to go/10

Zuckerberg is a genius I hate to say, if you knew what he was doing in the 3rd world to position himself as the only telecom available you'd be in awe (look into internet.org).

Stallman is still the best hacker that has ever lived, nobody has spent a year 16hrs per day reverse engineering and rebuilding software since Stallman. Remember a team of programmers were employed to develop shit that Stallman reversed and rewrote by himself. He's on a totally different level of hackers kind of sucks he doesn't do this anymore because all the spying drove him away

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennart_Poettering

Elon musk is the smartest guy in that list op

this desu, nigga works 80 hours a week at three different companies, one of which is set on sending us to mars. just cause he's a normie meme at this point doesn't make him not smart.

her name is Elizabeth Turner.

ruthless =/= computer genius

Alan Turing cannot be a genius because he wanted to stick his dick in other men's buttholes.

Kernighan
George Boole
Euler
Lovelace

Steve Jobs

Terry A. Davis

No shit zuckerberg isnt a genius. Any person with any sense at all knows that. He created a myspace clone at the right place and time and got lucky.

>implying you don't want to stick your dick in other men's buttholes.

>no Woz in first group
Fuck off

>Evan Spiegel
>Markus "Notch" Persson
>Mark Zuckerberg
>Elon Musk
>Christopher Poole

Just because he's a workaholic with big ideas doesn't mean he's smarter than djikstra.
Also have you seen what Von Neumann has done?

Mr double dubs only sideboobs are above average rest isn't really dingling my dongle 2bh

>Elon Musk
>Not a modern day Tony Stark
Fuck off.

More like Zuckerberg is a bussiness genius, but not a computer one

Tony Stark: Electrical engineer who personally invented and refines his creations. Also fictional.

Elon Musk: Smart guy who understands potential of technology but at the end of the day is the ideas guy who writes the checks. Basically Steve Jobs.

welp, first at all, "geniuses" not necessary end rich. Most of them life a humble life with recognition but without a shit load of money.

Marketeers for instance, they end rich, they have some knowledge about what they want to sell and they are geniuses in selling and marketing their shit.

learn the difference.

Terry A. Davis

Geniuses:
Ronald Reagan
George W. Bush
Donald Trump

>>Edsger Dijkstra
>>Stephen Cook
>>Alan Turing
>>John von Neumann
>>Donald Knuth
>>Tony Hoare

Those were math geniuses/geniuses in some very special field. They did excellent work for what they did, but I'd wager half of them couldn't even hook up a printer if their life depended on it so I'm hesitant to call them "computer" geniuses. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate them though

Reminds me of this

"A great preponderance of these extant and neglected notions had been proposed or refined by a peripatetic English polymath named Geoffrey Hinton. In the second year of Brain’s existence, Hinton was recruited to Brain as Andrew Ng left. (Ng now leads the 1,300-person A.I. team at Baidu.) Hinton wanted to leave his post at the University of Toronto for only three months, so for arcane contractual reasons he had to be hired as an intern. At intern training, the orientation leader would say something like, “Type in your LDAP” — a user login — and he would flag a helper to ask, “What’s an LDAP?” All the smart 25-year-olds in attendance, who had only ever known deep learning as the sine qua non of artificial intelligence, snickered: “Who is that old guy? Why doesn’t he get it?”

“At lunchtime,” Hinton said, “someone in the queue yelled: ‘Professor Hinton! I took your course! What are you doing here?’ After that, it was all right.”

A few months later, Hinton and two of his students demonstrated truly astonishing gains in a big image-recognition contest, run by an open-source collective called ImageNet, that asks computers not only to identify a monkey but also to distinguish between spider monkeys and howler monkeys, and among God knows how many different breeds of cat. Google soon approached Hinton and his students with an offer. They accepted. “I thought they were interested in our I.P.,” he said. “Turns out they were interested in us.”"