Why did the TrackPoint fall out of fashion?

Why did the TrackPoint fall out of fashion?

Because its likeness to a clit triggers SJWs

because trackpads

*braces for onslaught from dipshits who prefer trackpoints

When was it in fashion?

Came to say this

>only 90s kids remember

Because people don't want to try something with a 5 minute learning curve and opt for shit minu portable mice instead.

Only IBM laptops had trackpoints, thats why it didn't catch on. HP and Dell had em too, but only on a very small range of "business laptops". I like trackpoint better, it's more compact, but the majority of people are used to trackpads by now.

Because the average computer user is a fucking retard

Not only that, the non-IBM(/lenovo) trackpoints aren't as nice.

Nah, that's more of a placebo effect. I'm currently using an HP laptop's trackpoint with the rubber bit from a Thinkpad and it feels the same. It's really HP's rubber caps that get hard and crusty with time. The real thing i'm missing on this HP isn't the trackpoint, but that there's no middle mouse button.

>The thinkpad trackpoints aren't better, I got the trackpoint from a thinkpad and put it on my HP and it was fine
Err...

I'm talking about the hardware part (joystick), not the rubber cap that goes ontop of it.

im literally using only the trackpoint for years now.
havent used my mouse in an eternity.

trackpoints are, by far, superior to everything. and im a 24/7 hardcore shitposter so if anyone knows, its me

It was DOA.

Retard.

I disagree. I use elitebook with a thinkpad rubber clit too and it is nowhere as good as my x61 was. IBM has patent for clit mouse and all other manufacturers had to create inferior technology to do the same shit in different way, which is why it blows. 2 button is terrible in its own way, but there is very clear difference in tracking and responsiveness as well. I'm actually surprised there are people who don't notice this, because whenever I try my x61 I find it very noticeable.

I never use that shit

I've had exactly an x61t and don't really notice a difference with the 2730p. I've had to fiddle with the sensitivity settings for the X61 too, you kinda get used to a certain setting and switching to a different one feels pretty awkward at first.

Business laptops still have them.

The TrackPoint is still superior. And is still prefered by professionals.

Apple proved the trackpad is superior in every way if you spend some money making it properly and creating good drivers.

So why did the TrackPoint fall out of fashion?

It didn't. Many business laptops still use it. Consumer/media consumption laptops don't have it because they don't need the same level of mouse control.

Because the fashionable computers are for the lowest common denominator. For example Apple computers now are much more popular after they removed slots, halved the battery and removed tons of functions. Because people are confused if there are many different slots and too many buttons and so on.

if apple made a computer with 4 buttons and no slots then it would sell like hotcakes.