Ublock Origin just got blocked in Firefox Android as an untrusted add-on. What the fuck Sup Forums? Are they onto us?

Ublock Origin just got blocked in Firefox Android as an untrusted add-on. What the fuck Sup Forums? Are they onto us?

Did it? I installed it about half an hour ago with no problems whatsoever.

>using russian made software
>using adblockers
>not supporting the sites by blocking their ads

Webm related, literally you.

>not using Russian software

the thought that software I use was typed by a qt getting fucked by bbc is the best feeling ever

Change /aco/ """advert""" to someting else and i will consider it. I utterly hate that shit.

Try this:
about:config
xpinstall.signatures.required false

Worked for me

Install Privacy Badger instead.

On android?
Hmm...I'll try.
So many websites lost their certificate today.

What a fucking cuck.

>Privacy Badger
Sounds like honeypot.

some ads trolls probably reported it

Post screenshot of your Firefox add-on page. You might not be using the real ublock, but a copy of it.

Install it from Firefox addons website instead of GitHub. If you want to install outside of Firefox own website you need to do what said but I also think it only works on Nightly (Fennec on Android) and Developer. Maybe Beta and Aurora too but I've never used them so I wouldn't know.

Mine's perfectly fine.

>not supporting the sites by blocking their ads
But I am :^)

The options doesn't show up for me on any addon but at least for uBlock Origin I can still access it from menu -> uBlock Origin to open the UI and then click at the top to open the dashboard.

Then there's something fucked up with your own install, not a general problem. Try doing what this guy says:

Kek, J-list is also down in here.

is there a need for ublock if you already use host file blocking, e.g., adaway?

Aand on the other hand, youtube ads can bypass ublock origin in chrome (windows). The lists are always updated.

Adaway updates automatically?

Did you install the sister Chrome add-on for websockets?

yes

No, but ublock is better if you only need blocking in the browser (and don't have ad-supported apps installed). It's better because it doesn't always run in the background and because you won't see empty spaces where ads were supposed to be.

Yes if you use a proxy

What are you trying to say, Adaway and the likes do their blocking by being a proxy.
E.g. if you're using Adaway, you're using a proxy.

That's incorrect. Adaway just blocks ad-servers using the hosts file.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

You're incorrect. It uses a hosts file to block ad-servers by acting as a proxy between your device and the Internet.

you are retarded

Cosmetic filtering

no u, adaway literally sets itself up as a proxy on localhost

No, they can't. You need to use an appropriate filter list. If you see ads it means you aren't.

it literally only adds entries to the hosts file

It's made by the EFF.

When it says "that proxy" I believe it's referring to a proxy that is controlled by your cellular provider under the APN settings. It's not saying that Ad-away is a proxy.

Your host file is a file that your phone/computer check first before going out to a DNS server to resolve a hostname. Ad-away will add a bunch of ad-servers to the file and give them the ip of 127.0.0.1, so that the requests to the ad server wont resolve.

People have been doing ad-blocking this way for decades as it is very easy and doesn't require any kind of special programs, proxys, or dns settings.

Yes. If ads are embedded in the page, if ads are loaded from direct ip, cosmetic filters, disabling adblock blockers, etc.

You should stick to iphones if you can't do this.

The only reason I block ads is because they eat up ridiculous amounts of cpu and memory and/or are intrusive enough to make browsing a site difficult.

That even the average user started to use an ad blocker at some point just underlines how retarded the advertising got at some point. Ad blocking is really a problem the industry inflicted on itself by being too lazy to monitor all the rubbish advertisers put on their sites.

Can you actually get malware from ads on your phone? I remember seeing some people post about getting malware from Sup Forums ads

>trying to link the Russians to the refugees somehow

Get off Sup Forums, Hillary. The refugees are your Islamic terrorist creations. Based Russia, Assad, Iran and Hezbollah are taking out the trash to make Europe safe again.

>Are they onto us?
the ad kingpins? wouldn't surprise me.. not keeping tabs on your enemies would be stupid

yeah just adjust the settings and it will

Yes you can. By opening malicious "download" link on android.

You know, you have to actually click the ads for any money to go to the ad hoster. Just letting them run does absolutely nothing, but use up your CPU and possibly compromise your machine. But please, be my guest - go ahead and infect your pc/phone with flash exploits. I'll pass. And don't give me that "but what if EVERY fucking body was like you" argument. It's a pointless hypothetical, and if a hypothetical is all you have as an argument, then you don't have an argument. Even IF they did get money from just running the ads, it is statistically insignificant whether I block them or not because I, 1 person, make a negligible difference. I repeat: "what if everyone was like you" is not an argument. If you're shill ass is freaking out so hard about not supporting people who run ads, please feel free to click every single ad you see, you autistic consumer whore cuck.

Works fine

They obviously fixed it after we called them out on Sup Forums.

For some reason fucking uMatrix forgets some rules I set up and it's really annoying.

I had similar issues with NoScript, I guess it's changing domains for the background shit most websites have nowadays.

It's super annoying when you play the good capitalist and try to buy stuff from the ebay with paypal, but then the paypal scriptshit isn't allowed anymore so the fucking simple payment procedure evolves into a page refresh orgy.

fucking jews

WebM and mkv are Russian you stupid fuck. Russians make the best shit

Why is KDE the best DE?

Whoops I meant to make a post, not spam on a random thread. I am a retarded faggot, forgive me.

Because it's good.

But then I learned (using the hard way) that less is more.

>KISS -> Keep It Simple, Stupid

Because it's not.

Best DE: Cinnamon

I use ublock origin's built-in http switchboard

should i use firefox android? is it good?

It varies. I use it but once in a while one of the updates fucks things up.

You can do that on iphone too famalam

thoughts on pi-hole? thinking about setting one up, is it worth it or a hassle?

Ublock origin and its corresponding list is always updated than pi-hole. But if you have many mobile device in your household, then use pi-hole.