Can aluminum foil actually block wifi and other kinds of signals?

Can aluminum foil actually block wifi and other kinds of signals?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20100708230258/http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/video-planes-struggle-to-land-at-leeds-bradford-airport-due-to-extreme-storm-barbara-winds-1-8304938
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, but it can slightly enhance it.

Yes. It can also stop the government (or aliens) from reading your mind if you put it on your head in the form of a hat.

I use it to render those department store security tag thingies useless, so it blocks something.

How and why? I've read it can block it.

yes

yeah
you have to do it some specific way iirc tho

source: have used it many times

Yes, it will block the RFID chip Lockheed Martin put in your hand.

My passport card has an RFID chip in it. The gubermint gave me an aluminum lined sleeve to store it in. (stupid idea, it leaves black aluminum oxide all over it, but when has government been smart?)

There is a MIT study done on aluminium foil hats on blocking signals and signals only became amplified by the aluminium hats.

ESPECIALLY the frequencies set aside for government use.

web.archive.org/web/20100708230258/http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

topkek, this is brilliant

>mit grads
>not useless retards

pick one

This. Fucking blah blah blah blah MIT blah blah supply side blah blah blah libruls blah blah.....

Yes. You can test it with a phone while you call somebody. If you do it well, the phone will loose the connection.

I'm surprised nobody sells foil robes and blankets and stuff under the premise that it blocks out cancer-inducing radio waves.

They ship iPass transponders in aluminum foil, and tell you to mail them back wrapped in foil when returning them.

Tyrone what's up?

>i have never lifted in my life

What's up, Jamal?

As far as I know, aluminum reflects at least some of EMR, ranging from radio waves to visible light (not sure on the other sides of this spectrum).

The issue is that wearing a hat will reflect waves coming from above, but waves coming from under/to the side will be going through your head multiple times. Using an approximation of half an ellipsoid, your brain is about in the focus of the hat.

TL;DR yes it does reflect, but reflections can amplify signals.

Not much, thanks for asking!

Yes, but using lead or iron is more effective.

Eating the lead is objectively the best. It will be absorbed into your cells and your entire body will begin to emit a small signal blocking aura.

only if it's connestedto the ground

>when you put your phone in the microwave but it still gets a signal and rings

Are Faraday cages a meme?

Would wrapping the GPS in phone with aluminum foil block GPS or should it just be removed?

This is true.

Pic related, not mentioned but Green Pill eats lead to align his chakras and block the government signals.

GPSs work just fine on airplanes. It's fun to zoom in and watch your local progress at 8 miles per minute. You understand how nobody survives air crashes.

A microwave isn't a Faraday cage, shit for brains.

b-but it keeps microwaves from getting out. can't it also keep stuff from getting in?

because there are laws against quackery

What do you mean? Most people are not niggers and don't steal shit.

Tell that to Snowden.

Is there anyone on Sup Forums who believes in the green pill?

Planes aren't wrapped in tinfoil you retard

Yes, any solid object can block wireless signals, be it a wall, a bookcase or even your thick skull

What is aluminum, Alex?

You mean aluminium?

Post the full version at least user.

I didn't have it and just quickly googled it.

It doesn't block them per se, but it does obfuscate (scramble) them. Shoplifters/thieves use it to wrap around RFID tags, security dye pads etc so they won't go off.

Yes, it does work around antenna.

Dumbass tinfoil hats. Everyone with a brain knows that lead helmets are the only way to block the signals.

Fuck off Terry.

Wrap some foil around your router and report back

I took my foil lined bag through an airport the other day and they x-ray'd it just fine. Suspicious items/areas in my shin and bicep though that made the detectors blow off though.

DON'T DO IT!
IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS!

The whole thing is made out of the same material you retard. tin foil is only thinner.

People do survive air crashes, though.

Was on a flight with a female pilot landing in a hurricane though a few days ago, and she bounced it off the runway. I don't know how anyone could survive a crash.

Kek

that is a rough landing. A crash is when people have difficulty seeing the difference between human remains and the mud

Aye was watching a documentary on people surviving plane crashes. When the shock is sheltering you, then you receive a large dose of morphine and you start to notice your surroundings and freak out sounds fucking awful.

It's TIN foil not THIN foil you retarded spic

its funny how you acted like a tool and mentioned the pilot was a women for the epic lulz XD

and post the airport and day so we can check the weather report for it

Not him, but tin foil isn't tin anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. It's almost always aluminium, if not aluminium alloy.

It's still called TIN foil and not THIN foil you massive cockgobbling faggot

Tin foil is made out of thin films of aluminium.

What the fuck does the thickness have to do with it?

Lol you're a complete tit, jumping to the defence of a stereotype.

> yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/video-planes-struggle-to-land-at-leeds-bradford-airport-due-to-extreme-storm-barbara-winds-1-8304938

>british insults
>'defending a stereotype'

jesus christ you really are a tool

Someone's a bit ruffled. Santa bring your salty ass a female pilot licence?

Two orthogonal linear polarizers is best. Just make sure your polarizer is of the right wavelength.

Pirating movies, music and games is stealing.

I steal, too.

Copying something is not stealing. If someone copies someone's car, then they are not stealing it.

Copyright infringement is not theft, you're just retarded and in need of a suicide.

Property is theft.

Piracy is not theft.

If you wrap something completely in several layers of aluminum foil, then you've formed a Faraday cage. Right? So that should block wifi and other kinds of signals.

Sad but true, MIT is muh hipster tech science, check out my cheese blender CIS scum cumface

im so fuckin green pill its ridiculous

Yup, of course, but this thread is bait, newfriend.

Right. That's why hats don't work, they don't completely wrap the head.

Copper is a better absorber, but if you get thick enough metal layers it won't matter too much.

Rule of thumb is, more conductivity = better absorber\blocker of EMR.

High energy radiation, denser material = better blocker

Iron is a great radiation blocker, better than lead

No, but the goyim are supposed to believe it can.

Alexminimum

It is if it's plugged in

Not if we still have estate taxes. Everyone gets to play the game of life once. If you die rich, good for you. If not, well sucks to be you. But ultimately is about "OK, who's next to play?" Estate taxes prevent dynasties.

Too bad Trump wants to do away with these restrictions....

Welcome to a return to the age of Economic Superpower families like the Vanderbilts, the Rockefellers, the Fords, and the Rothschilds.

La propriété, c'est le vol !

You're an idiot.

Radio waves are electric signals so yes it will work as a shield, but a hat wouldn't work in this world of signals all around us. Wi-fi is forexample in the same wavelength as wi-fi and youst try to cover your food in aluminium before you put it in and see if it covers it.

>You're an idiot.

Prove anything I said wrong. Take your time. Use all the time you need. I'm waiting.

Except no commercial GPS will work at that speed so you are lying

would space blankets work?