What the fuck happened to Firefox? It used to be good but now even just loading google slows my computer to a crawl

What the fuck happened to Firefox? It used to be good but now even just loading google slows my computer to a crawl.

Other urls found in this thread:

w3counter.com/globalstats.php
youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1255355861&feature=iv&src_vid=Cq_-mg0PrWs&v=6_aIgO6Z_ek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
www37.zippyshare.com/v/fJc73u5C/file.html
iconarchive.com/show/artcore-icons-by-artcore-illustrations/firefox-icon.html
netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2&qpcustomd=0
netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bloatware
>stupid unnecessary features
>over taken by libtards and SJW's
>etc

It's tied with IE at 10% share. It's over. You're a degenerate if you're using something other than Chrome.

its a piece of shit, even Edge is better lol.

>You're a degenerate if you're using something other than Chrome.

It just feels wrong using a massively popular web browser just because.

nah fuck google.

>Chrome
>Literally Chadbrowser 2016
>Calling others degenerate
*tips protein shake*

It's the same as always for me. Been using it as my main browser since it started.

I think you guys just like to complain.

It just became bloated

this.

What's a good lightweight browser alternative? I don't want google tracking everything I do.

Using firefox but google? Commit to a cause fag

Trickle down communism.

stop overdosing on redpills, you faggots. Chrome is superior in every way.

>security
>speed
>dev tools
>UI

It's just simply the best browser. Nothing more nothing less.

Firefox stayed the same. Every other browser surpassed it.

Iridium

Google tracking is evil and real you poopoohead.

I'm a long-time firefox user and I don't see any significant difference between it and chrome.

Best mobile?

opera is cool thought.

w3counter.com/globalstats.php

>mfw

Brendan Eich

>List of UI elements customizable in Chrome:

>no treetabs
>botnet
Fuck off and never post here again.

>security

i've literally seen malicious chrome extensions installed in "enterprise mode" meaning they were unremovable without editing the registry (this was in my time as a help desk drone for my uni). Ever since I saw that, I've stayed away from anything chrome except for canary, mainly to use as a secondary browser in rare circumstances.

Just use Opera.

>needing all these "customizable" UI components in the first place

Time to upgrade that PIII.

>Not having features is a feature
Chadrome users are literally Macfags

Rendering Engine

Try refreshing your user profile. There is an option for that in Help -> Troubleshooting information.

>damage control

>You're a degenerate

Reason is, that it may get cluttered up over time. You've probably been using it for a few years already. Installed/removed loads of add-ons and plugins. Who knows what remained. Starting a new profile is like a new OS install. It's a lot smoother and faster.

>literally the only person i've seen call it "Chadrome".
>hundreds of thousands of people have left FF for Chrome

pls go

Midori.

I hope you're aware the same guys who made this video did one for "how to remove the AVG toolbar from Chrome". Link: youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1255355861&feature=iv&src_vid=Cq_-mg0PrWs&v=6_aIgO6Z_ek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

>gtk3 shit
No, thanks.

You sound stupid, get a new computer from GeekSquad.

>thread for each tab

>gtk3 shit

Chrome on Linux

I've been using Firefox for over a decade.
It has stagnated over time with too much resources being spent on useless things (see the bounty for removing all references to "master" and "slave" in the Firefox source code).

Firefox made its mark by being the fastest, most standards-compliant, and most customizable browser out there, but that was back when Internet Explorer was the only competition.
They need to shift the focus back to their core and leave the rest of this bullshit behind.

>Firefox made its mark by being the fastest, most standards-compliant, and most customizable browser out there
It was Opera though. Today the Chrome is a slow shit as any other browser, so it's more like a memewar.

Reminder that FF will soon require PulseAudio on Linux. That feel when lennartware is slowly but surely invading everywhere

Palemoon
>inb4 furries

*tips fedora*

have fun thinking just because something is the most popular, it's not the best. That's not the case for every single little thing.

*tips fedora*

>implying it's an argument

and Opera is a chinese spyware browser

https everywhere might be the culprit

The two digits arrived.

And set up house.

Redpill me on the China - Opera connection.

Chinese bought maxthon and made it into spyware

Ask other. I use palememe since 12 became useless.

I still can't believe they run the UI and webpage rendering on the same fucking thread still to this day. Just cannot believe that. It's like visual application design 101 to keep those separate so any minor hiccup processing something doesn't lag the whole thing up.

dwb
uzbl

Firefox with NoScript

It's your addons. Otherwise it's pretty fast.

>caring about SJWs in tech

top kekaroo

Firefox now stalls every time flash needs to be loaded. I can't even log into PayPal without it stalling for 5 minutes cause of flash

works on my machine nerd

maybe you should stop lying

>It has stagnated over time with too much resources being spent on useless things (see the bounty for removing all references to "master" and "slave" in the Firefox source code).

open source cucks will defend this.

More than 3x the number of Chrome installs vs Chromium installs. Never change Sup Forums, never change

plugins.state.flash -> 1

you are on Sup Forums for fuck's sake

>features

More like bloat.

>What the fuck happened to Firefox?

suffered the same fate as every freetard project.

Ya know they split them off like 2 versions ago right? Firefox was build on a codebase that is probably like 8 years older than you.

>just turn it off

Fucking kek

Load times is a feature.

>less than safari

People didn't donate enough $, so the people working on Mozilla lost hope.

ITS ALL ON YOU.

>almost 2017
>He still doesn't know about the new Netscape Navigator

Kys

Use a fork like Waterfox and turn on multi threading.

the forks are shit too.

>even just loading google slows my computer to a crawl.
I guess it's time to upgrade your computer, m80

All the forks seem kind of useless to me because the only thing they are doing is to relabel Firefox a bit and maybe use other add-ons which sometimes makes them incompatible with the newer Firefox add-ons.
It's a bit like with all the Chrome/Chromium forks with the difference that there actually is an incentive to remove as much google as possible from Chromium.

Microsoft Edge doesn't have this problem.

>not using lynx

pussy

>single process
>single core
kek

Only thing I miss about firefox is the mpv addon. Chrome has no support for that, so I simply type it out on run

Just trying to paste a 2 word text make firefox freeze .

I made the icon so you can change the default and remember everyday it's shit.
www37.zippyshare.com/v/fJc73u5C/file.html

Proper icon of what firefox has become.iconarchive.com/show/artcore-icons-by-artcore-illustrations/firefox-icon.html

What's up with all those icons on top of your tabs? Don't tell me you've installed toolbars, user.

Probably shitty bookmark addon using site ico

>safari 14%
kek

There seems to be a recurring theme with FF users being GNUmales that wear diapers.

>4.03%
netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2&qpcustomd=0
Hohohooooowww!
kek

I like Vivaldi desu

>11.91%
IE
>21.66%
Edgy IE
>5.21%
NOT EVEN HALF OF IE!
netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx