gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5495#ov
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Haven't seen one in a while
Then you haven't been here enough.

Some people just want to see what they want to see

r8

I sure do love memes

>6100 bro
Comfy. I'm at 4GHz on the stock cooler, my new cooler is in the mail and I'll see how far I can push it.

Mine was stable at 4.6 but getting over 60c so I pulled it back to keep temps comfy. That's only with a cheapass Cryorig m9i.

1080p movie running at 60fps in the background (SVP) and yeah, I presume kaby lake fixed playback hogging.

2015/first build.

Also I didn't want the integrated backdoore from Haifa designed lakes.

Plus, I didn't want 1st gen architectures from intel/newvidya.

4K movie making memes

Need Xeon next, badly. And/or Tigerlake 2019

Neat, I'm getting a slightly nicer one (Gammaax 400) that supposedly keeps pace with a 212 or better, so maybe I'll be able to run constantly at 4.6

rate

my 'work' pc

63° idle / 10, get a new CPU cooler or break out a fucking compressed air can

What mobo are you using?

>he still hasn't entered the 4k era

This thing here
gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5495#ov

Cooling, get any Noctua cooling solution, consumer watercooling are memes unless optimized

Also the industrial 3000 series are loud asf but the best, slap this 12 even on a matx and you're gold

43,5 dB (lulz)
IP52

The amount of air moved is insane

I wish I was making this up.

>4k era
>4x more everything over 1080p

>windows 10 pro
>not enterprise/education

Where do you buy enterprise anyway? Legit, not using some work related install.

r8 & h8 then masterb8

>60Hz

>buy

I know:
>1060 3gb
It was cheap I plan on upgrading it after I get a better motherboard, any recommendations? Also what cpu cooler should I get?

Me too.

rate

What non K cpu?

It was out of stock when I bought the whole system

That's UHD, true 4k resolution is 4096x2160

That sucks.

Yeah, they had 4 in stock when I was building the cart and when in check out it went out of stock. Other retailers had it but for $200+ the price in the store I was gonna buy it.

it was free

Hey guys, I'm not really that in the know about computers. What should I be looking to upgrade first?

>Windows 10

r8

r8

Get an ssd if you don't plan on a new mobo and cpu anytime soon.

>not running LTSB with all the bloatware/spyware stripped out of it

Your loss I suppose.

Then you should get new glasses

Reporting in.

I want to upgrade my system but there's no real reason to yet. Everything still runs fine. Maybe next year.

Tighten those RAM timings up boy.

This

Family got me a GTX1080FE for christmas

What monitor should I get so i'm not bottlenecking myself? 4k or 144hz?

Or is something else holding it back.

Don't get another monitor, get an SSD and install Windows 10 LTSB 2016 on it, you can find it on tpb.

Been using this for a while now and it will probably be my last build for a while since I don't do a whole lot of AAA title gaming and I only have/care to have a 1080p monitor at this point.

>W10
Why would I do that? Not to sound like an asshole, but nobody i've talked to has liked it in the least bit.

that's because they're all tech-illiterate normies who updated it through normal means and got regular versions that ruined their PC with useless Windows Store, Cortana and other botnet shit.
LTSB has the entire "APP" mechanic removed, along with Cortana and most of the Botnet (DWS for the wee bit left over)
It's superior to regular Windows 10 in every conceivable way, let alone the lagfest that W7 has become due to accumulating updates over the last years.

The CPU is bottlenecking really hard.
going up to 1440p or 4k most likely wont change a thing about your framerate as the CPU won't be able to keep up at 144Hz at all, as resolution is purely a GPU thing while FPS are determined by both CPU and GPU.
I would go for new CPU first, for this card i would buy any less than 6700k.
I would have recommended waiting for Zen but it's said to be Win10 only.

my $70 shit box

Is there anything cheaper that could still work? I got this card earlier this year and want to also get a new monitor but $300 is a big hit especially with Christmas just happening.

I could hold off on the monitor if it means not bottlenecking my GPU

>celeron and 1070
Why

Actually, is my MOBO in even compatible with an i7 6700k?

My monitor is 144 Hz but in this screenshot it shows up as 60 Hz.

well 6600K might do the job, but i think it might still bottleneck 1080.
I would recommend i5 for 1070, but 1080 is another story. Non-K 6700 is the minimum i would go for, if i had the 1080. Sure, 6600 is not a bad CPU, but i would just not recommend it for 1080. The difference between 6600 and 6700 won't be very big though.

For chucks and gigs

of course not, you have an AMD build, so it's not compatible with a CPU from Intel

Fuck.
>Now have to get new RAM, a new MOBO, AND a new fucking CPU

FUCK ME I DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR THIS SHIT

oh AND this is just after I got new parts and shit back in June.

Well, 8350 is a 4 year old CPU.
And not only that, but it was weaker in single core performance than Intel even at the time of its release.
AMD thought they will make their CPUs more timeproof by adding more cores, but that's where they failed- since game makers still up to this date make no games that are capable of using more than 4 cores.
If you bought an AMD build this year, you bought an already outdated computer.

Fucking kill me senpai

Hopefully I can sell this shit. I guess i've got no choice that this point.

So fucking frustrated now. Pic related is the new shit i'll be ordering.

Well if you don't mind Win 10 and waiting few months i would recommend waiting until AMD releases Zen.
Should be on the same level of performance as Intel and hopefully cheaper.
However new MoBo and RAM is something you must count with either way.

Here's mine. HUGE image however.

All I need. No bullshit from microshaft telling me shit is "obsolete". lol

amd 4 lyfe nigga

I'd rather just get this done and over with now.

Luckily i've got a couple of my brother's sucker friends lined up to hopefully by some of these and other older parts to help soften the blow along with selling some of my /toy/ shit as well

>Tfw

Is it time for an upgrade?

I'm super poor so anything I build would have to be under $800.

What cooler do you use? My Q6600 in my lan box idles @ 60 degrees. And I have an evo 212 on it.

Reapply the thermals on both laptop GPU/CPU

It will lower the temp 10-20C atleast.