Which model should i get?

get a Xiaomi Mi Fit 2 if you never had a fitness tracker before

wait until Pebble tech is integrated if you have had a fitness tracker before

funny you mention the mi fit 2

just bought for $30 on slickdeals

but havent opened it yet

never used a fitness tracker before

what is Pebble tech and why wait?

FitBit bought the technology behind Pebble products, which is an e-ink smartwatch company. They have pretty good displays that work 100% in direct sunlight, but don't have backlights. Little ghosting compared to a Kindle or other e-ink stuff.

Kickstarter backers are crazy mad at this since they're dropping support for Pebble, but it means FitBits will probably have some form of e-ink display in the future. But I dunno, nothing announced.

what about the fitbit charge 2?

how is the garmin ones...they are less expensive than the fitbits

Get one dirt cheap on eBay, I bought my Surge for $80 there. Its a fun little toy.

my dad got one for christmas.

i helped him set it up but..

im not sure how they work or what theyre even supposed to do beyond track your steps somehow.

They`re supposed to be a waste of money for fuck heads that don`t know any better, like you and your faggot dad

You'll get tired of it in about a month.

Get a pebble

Got a fit bit charge 2 on black friday. Best investment ive made in a long time. Accurate , excellent display, and you can change bands on it which was nice.

From experience, Fitbit offers amazing support and replaces defective devices with little questions asked. Their app is also pretty nice, too.

>Pros
It's fashionable
Statistics are fun

>Cons
You don't need one. It's not at all required, or even significantly beneficial, for any form of exercise or cardio.
Read the /fit/ meme sticky if you need help exercising.

is it all just calories and heart rate and shit? i guess i could see the appeal if it gave you push notifications, like if you could read texts during a run but didn't have your phone because you were running or something

Which activity tracker should I get if I want sleep, heart, and calorie tracking?

I got a FitBit Charge 2 specifically for the heart and sleep tracking, which it does well. It shows you a constant heartrate and tracks your resting heartrate. It automatically records your sleep each night and shows through the app how many hours you slept and at what times you were restless and moving around. I don't track calories but it has that feature through the app, you just add foods you eat throughout the day I think. It has water intake tracking as well, and you can set specific goals for all that shit through the app.

fitbit charge 2 doesn't even have music control. A very basic feature every other smart watch has by the way.

if you need a fitness tracker to measure how much exercise you're getting, then obviously you're slacking too much.

The step tracking is whatever. Exercise tracking is kinda dope. Sleep tracking is nice. And the silent alarms are great if you sleep with someone who has a different schedule than you do. Notifications are nice.

And it doesn't look retarded either.

I got mine for heart rate tracking while I'm riding my bike, in conjuction with a power meter on my cranks its very useful data, plus it's nice to start/stop recording my rides using the charge 2 rather than having to take out my phone. And being able to count calories is nice even though it's not hard to do it in your head.

So, in my 2 weeks having one.
Pros
>lightweight, I don't notice it
>looks alright, not very gaudy, it just looks like one of those rubber bands, not really a fashion statement but i think apple watches look gross
>tracks my heartrate pretty well but can be out slightly sometimes
>pedometer is pretty neat
>gave me incentive to properly count calories, might be helpful for people who really want to lose weight

Cons
>no media controls (though personally i dont mind since its unsafe to ride a bike with headphones in, and external bluetooth speakers usually have media control on them)
>it doesn't show facebook messenger notifications and apparently it used to
>sometimes the display doesn't turn on with wrist movements alone, maybe 1 in 10 times.

oh and anyone who got one, it isnt a touch screen, tap the band instead, it seems to register taps better on the band for switching between things, i was getting shitty trying to tap the screen to change modes before i realized this.

on changing bands, don't buy the official ones, get ones off ebay for between 1 and 15 dollars instead, got one of ebay for 1 dollar and its just as good quality as the standard one.

you can read texts during a run, but have you ever tried running at any pace holding your arm out? but yeah it can do that, wont display facebook/kik/so on so forth messages though.

I use it for reading messages on my bike a lot since my arms are steady.