Was this a warning of sorts?

Was this a warning of sorts?

Other urls found in this thread:

absolute.com/en/partners/oem
absolute.com/en/partners/oem/lenovo
jitbit.com/alexblog/202-rootkit-on-a-brand-new-toshiba-laptop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would kill myself if I had to work with my back to a hallway lke that. How can anyone focus? And look how close together those monitors are.

I feel back for the engineers at facebook.

Warning about what? I'm sorry but I'm missing the point of this post.

About the botnet.

this picture was made when the botnet was a normie reality already, wtf are you talking about

I'm sorry, I'm still not getting to. What are the red things pointing out and what is their meaning/message of the whole thing?

One of them appears to be tape covering the webcam, not sure what the other is.

mic

I don't think that's where mics are on a MacBook, plus covering one with tape would not do much.

it's the microphone

That would be the headphone jack.

I think that's Instagram HQ like the sign says.

the 2013 macbook pro has a tiny hole on there and has no other ports to its right, Im assuming its the microphone, any mactoddlers here?

Zuckerman, the leader of the biggest botnet apart from google is taping his webcam and microphone.

That is the exact location of the headphone jack on the 2013 15" MacBook Pro.

Source: I typed this comment on one.

Modern hipster workplaces are truly horror personified. Everyone having their own room is equally sucky. I rather take a cubicle.

yea but covering that with electrical tape doesn't make sense.

He isn't working though. He's networking.

Stay pleb.

>work with sensitive stuff
>in certain meetings cellphones and other electronic gadgets like normal watches are forbidden and must be in a special storage locker
>got told that it takes on average 20 seconds by certain unnamed entities to remote hack any cellphone they want and turn it into a room surveillance device
He is taping his shit for a good reason but it's probably not enough.

> if I had to work
t. NEET

>greedy jew
>caring about others
lolno.

It's not his desk. Also there is a mitu there

lmao

They're Macfags, nothing they do makes sense

>He doesn't know how to disable the mic and camera drivers

>acer
lmao now u know why their laptops are so cheap

That includes way more than just those manufacturers. Most devices are screwed by this rootkit: absolute.com/en/partners/oem

>Hmm this computer that I can know everything about with a few shell commands doesn't have a video driver. I guess I will have to install one first. Aaaaaaaand done.

Including every thinkpad T model since the T61: absolute.com/en/partners/oem/lenovo

have an article about it too
jitbit.com/alexblog/202-rootkit-on-a-brand-new-toshiba-laptop/

you fucking tools use that word so much it has lost all meaning

he covers the webcam because he doesnt want his machine to become infected with malware and be spied on (which is a fucking joke coming from that bitch nigga)

the only reason to cover the displayport (if that even is the port) is because osx has terrible fucking efi security and you can simply plug in a fucking thunderbolt to vga adapter into the machine, infect it at the root level, and then any other devices plugged into thunderbolt will become infected and spread it to any mac plugged in to

>He doesn't disassemble his laptop to physically disable his mic and camera

VAIO doesn't have this problem.

yes

I know it's not actually a "botnet", but it's the language I have to use to get most Sup Forums folk to listen.

This. I have the pleasure to work in such environment. I just have IEM headphones and ignorant avoidant personality.

>implying that will stop the microphone integrated in your CPU

Is that hardware level then or just operating system

His wife is Chinese. It is his desk.

Yeah it sucks, you just use noise cancelling headphones and do the best you can.

Who's the guy on the left?

You're right, theres very tiny holes next to the headphone jack which are the mic

It's a ruse. He did it on purpose so people would notice and do it.

>asus
why??

>theres very tiny holes
No there aren't. He's covering the headphone jack. Possibly it's not voltage protected like the USB ports, or for other reasons. The microphone is under the left speaker grille.

Depends on the model

zuck
zucc
succ

good

That's the 13" model while he's clearly using the 15" one (look how far the keyboard is from the sides), and the tape is in the wrong position for those holes anyway (too close to the hinge).

he also bought surrounding properties for physical security. also building a wall around his Hawaiian property. fuck you zuck.