/AG/ Audio General

did you guys get anything for Xmas audio related? planning on grabbing anything on Boxing Day?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2QLPJM/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

didn't get anything yet, but I'm trying to decide between new and used speakers. obviously there's more value in used, but there's some decent deals tomorrow

I think my amp is starting to shit the bed, or at least the phono stage of it, so I'll need to replace that soon. might just wait and replace the amp and speakers together, but I'm not sure

I miss my Mach Ones. Perfect speakers for vinyl.

I've got a small cheap amp on the way, to route sound from the tv to some bookshelf speakers I have laying around

is it your first step into audio? watch out, it can be addicting

>implying this doesn't belong here

old wooden cabinets with horns and massive 12" woofers are the best for vinyl. would love a pair that fits that description (obviously can't afford Klipsch tho). something about them, how "lazy" they are, seems appealing

yeah it's my first real step into audio, but I'm a bit worried about my order because it's been about twenty days now, and the tracking number they gave me does not appear valid. but it's coming from china, so maybe it's a tracking number for chinese post? I'll give it another day, I've emailed the seller to see what's going on, so if they get back to me then it's all good, if not, well I got it off newegg marketplace so I can have newegg cancel the order and refund my monies if I need to

They had great sound. Very mellow, but could get loud without distortion. Needed a damn good amp though, like a true 50wpc amp.

The acoustic suspension absorbed the low freq rumble from vinyl nicely.

Found a nice pair of Goodmans Maxim (80s version, mkI) at the thrift store for a eurotenner.

yeah china's fucky. you get what you pay for as far as service and shipping time goes. did you check craigslist? maybe there's a cheaper/closer option

looking locally for some Realistics now. never had them, but since they aren't Klipsch or Paradigm, they seem to be relatively cheap. there's a pair of T-120s for $100 nearby, I might try and grab those. worth the gamble I think

nice. for 10 quid it's always worth the risk. how do they sound? are those 5" or 6" woofers?

Want to get a midi controller like pic related. Good choice? And is it something I can pick up used on Craigslist?

Ordered these for myself. They'll be my first real speakers.

I'm a complete noob though and don't know much about this. I still need something to power them but I don't know whether I should get an amp+preamp or a receiver, and what model to get no less. Any advice for a first timer?

They sound pretty amazing for budget speakers that cost 70 pounds back in the day. Quite bright though, which to me tends to accentuate their 'small speaker'-ness, but hey.
The small paper cone (5 inch at best) has a great sound. Oh, and they are handmade, like a british Leyland jaguar: the left front wont fit on the right speaker.

>like a leyland jaguar
ah, a byword for reliability and craftsmanship

>amp+preamp or a receiver
depends on what you want to do. I'd suggest just a simple integrate amplifier/receiver. afaik, power amps+preamps are only used when you need a lot of undistorted power
>what model to get no less
depends entirely on your budget. I'd suggest grabbing either a Lepai from Amazon, or looking on local classifieds for a $50 receiver

I got a shitty Bose Bluetooth speaker. I'm not so mad about it being Bose. What I am mad about is that someone spent that kind of money on a meme brand when they could have gotten a chinky Bluetooth speaker for a fraction of what the Bose cost, and it would have sound just as good as the bose, if not better.

unless you're looking at retro 70s receivers, it's best to look at separates for a hifi setup

Got a pair of eminence swamp thangs and Texas heats. Also, an akai MKS mini.

I think you gotta consider the convenience aspect (and brand recognition obviously)

to a normie, they can get in the car, drive over to best buy, and grab the speaker and go home and be done with it. with the chink brand, they've gotta do research, avoid all the scam chink sites, and then wait 4-12 weeks for it to arrive, then hope to god it works so the gift receiver doesn't hate you. then there's the whole "bought someone chink shit for xmas" aspect"

clean, what's the WPC?

That one's kinda good in that it has a little of everything. I would try to find a used one.

I got a Denon DP-300F Turntable and Klipsch R-14M bookshelf speakers to hook up to my otherwise stock out if the box Sony Surround Sound system.

Onkyo A-9010 or TX-8020
or
Yamaha A-S300 or R-S300

The left channel Klipsch R-14M, and the basic Sony Surround Sound system, with the Sony center channel speaker, and the Sony Subwoofer.

google says 120. i don't have one btw.

i did get this setup off craigslist recently though.

damn that's pretty slick. I'd love a preamp and poweramp, but I can't really justify or afford a set

did you pay extra for the tuner?

>did you pay extra for the tuner?
yeah but generally separate tuners are inexpensive

like this user said , best value lies with either the onkyo or yamaha integrated

16 bit 48khz did I do gud

im so sorry user

Hey /ag/. My dad has salvaged a pair of these speakers and I can't find anything on them online, even in the official website of the brand.

The brand is Pro.2 and the model seems to be S-1500. I'll provide a picture if anyone wants.

Anyone have any idea what kind of speakers these are, or if they're any good? I'm thinking they might be part of a Hi-fi system. I'm no audio nerd but they sound decent enough to me connected straight into a PC. I'd like to note the volume goes very high even with the speaker volume setting almost at the minimum.

mixers are a lot of fun. you can always add a 2i2 if you need better dac recording. I use a cheap 8 input with onboard effects cuz I like reverb.

Looking to spend my Amazon gift cards and money on these. I've read theyre pretty good, can I get better for the same price? Im new to speakers and audio stuff in general.

What are you trying to convey?

Pic related

Dunno if I wanna grab some speakers or just use my 598s. Need to do some research, I don't exactly know what I need in a setup like this

I bet they are shit. The level of junk you find from Massdrop's audiophile section, gets hyped up when someone who buys them writes "Hey these are pretty good" on Amazon and Internet forums, following this some pairs get sent to the YouTube tech reviewers which either just hype them up or be apologists to their shit quality so that people would buy them through their affiliate links, right below that like button. At this point nobody still has the faintest clue about how they perform, nobody took the time to measure them but suddenly they are considered "good". For how much those go for, you have plenty of good options which you don't have to purchase blind.

Hey, newbie when it comes to audio, I know a little bit, but not enough to say I ordered the right thing. The loving gf got me a pair of DT 880 Pro's 250 ohms.

I could tell, as she also told me, that I would need an amp for these.

So I thought my best option was a well praised budget DAC/amp.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2QLPJM/

I also got a nice toslink to output from my motherboard. Will this be enough?

Can someone recommend me some powered stereo speakers that are sub $100

Anything you would recommend for the same price? Did also look at the M Audio BX5.

Those look like Micca bookshelf speakers, with carbon fiber speaker cones. They actually review very well, and are a bargain compared to similar rated speakers.

my current setup is some old monitors paired with an old marantz which is about to shit the bed and these things take too much space on my small desk anyway

so, what are some decent desktop speakers?
can't find miccas mb42s here in yurop

JBL LSR305
Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Monitor
Vanatoo Transparent One

>Will this be enough?
Very likely. Those Beyers are a little insensitive so amp is a decent purchase for playing it safe. To say whether you need it one would have to know how your current gear performs.

I bought this a few days before Christmas off of Craigslist. I rigged in some LEDs to replace the dead lights in the dial. Sounds pretty good.

It has a whole 22 watts of power per channel.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.

I did get some money, so I'm going back to buying components for building my 3 channel Beta22 headphone amp

Massdrop HD6xx

I bought myself this Marantz 2325 with the case for $900. Just need a turntable to mate with it now. Current speaker setup are Klipsch Cornwalls. Will post after

Sub behind the Cornwall but not hooked up currently. Not necessary with this amp I find

he's saying that it's messy inside and that the insides are not aesthetically pleasing. he's right desu.

Well I'm sure the electricity appreciates the extra effort and possible design sacrifices needed, Steve

Guys might aswell ask here
My current setup is a lepai amp and a pair of B652 Air

Got 2 options, buy a 5.1 receiver a Bic America center channel and a pair of b652 as rears, that would cost me around 480-500 usd

The other options is to stay on stereo with my lepai amp and buy a pair of more expensive speakers like: Klipsch RP-160M-C, ELAC Uni-fi UB5 or Martin Motion 15

I got around $100 in amazon gift cards so I was thinking about getting a DAP, since my phone doesn't have external storage and the battery life is subpar. I was thinking about the Fiio X1, what do you guys think?

I got a MacIntosh tube amp for my car. The interfacing to CarPlay was tricky, but I managed to fine a way to optimize it for vinyl.

Now just to find a way to mount those Marantz 15" subs in the back.

Just bought myself a nice pair of JM LAB electra 936. I've never been disappointed with JM Lab/ Focus

Just got 2 Revox b77 mkII for free. Gonna have some fun restoring them.

What is powering them?

What amp to get for some MB42s?
I'd like something that lets me plug in my headphones as well if possible.

Got my first pair of non-shit-tier headphones:

Philips SHP9500S

how'd I do?

Marantz AV8003 as 2nd zone setup and I use the DacMagic Plus from Cambridge audio because the Marantz only have a one dac on the main zone

>when some dumb fuck asks what dac he should get for his speakers
>thinking a dac would make difference unless they already have dying/dead mb audio or really shit tier audio with very audible hiss

>2016 (almost 2017)
>16 bit

Playback? Sure 16 bit is fine. Recording? 24 bit has more headroom and lower noise floor. Anything beyond 24 becomes harder and harder to notice, but 16 - 24 is a huge improvement in quality.

32 bit is the standard in studios
>16 - 24 is a huge improvement in quality.
dumbass

>dumbass
dumbass

>>dumbass
>dumbass
dumbass

>>>dumbass
>>dumbass
>dumbass
dumbass

Have a somewhat old Z5500 setup for my gaming rig/workstation. Got headphones covered with AKG 7XXs, FiiO E17k/K5. Looking to upgrade the speaker setup when I finish building my new desk. Ideally 2.1. Is it just me or do 2.1 receivers seem to not exist?

Looking at gear like wavecrest HVL1s, Fluance Signatures, etc. Will spend up to $1k on the whole shebang (speakers, sub, amp/receiver, etc). Thoughts, guys?