Ethernet

With shit like powerlines adapters, why don't you have a wired connection?

Cause I'm gay

Powerlines adapters?

Well that's a first; I've never seen someone on Sup Forums admit that they're gay.

I use a mac

> 6.5 million trap threads a second
> not a gay indionesian doodle forum

I meant powerline. The thing that you plug into an outlet near your router, run an ethernet cable to, and provides an Ethernet connection anywhere in your house through electricity.

>powerlines adapters
Garbage.

Because I already have wifi.

it depends on use. If all your doing is web browsing/e-mail, or doing incremental backup job then wireless is perfectly fine. Now streaming media, gaming, transferring/backing up large amounts of data then wired is way to go.

What? A reasonable response on Sup Forums?

Leave now.

I live in a dense apartment complex and only use wired

>all of Sup Forums is Sup Forums

Some boards are quite reasonable/helpful

>ethernet
>ethernet
>ethernet
>ethernet
more like cat5 you nigger

Every room in my house has a cat-5e outlet. Ran to a box next to my breaker box. I have just a netgear switch and shitty Arris based ISP router/modem combo running it all.

Funny, I've just completed wiring a house with Cat6A cables. Get with the times, gramp.

poweline adapters

absolutely halal

I already have a direct Ethernet link to my router and so does the next floor up.

WHOA

I WAS GONNA HAVE TO GO IN THE ROOF TOMMOROW

FUCK THAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCK DUDE YOURE A BLESSING

It's always been easy enough to cable the place, or wifi has been good enough.

A buddy was asking me about powerline networking but I couldn't tell him much.

How robust is it? Is the data on par with cat5/6?

I agree that wireless is ridiculous for stationary computers, TV, desktops.
But WiFi is still superior for mobile devices such as phones, laptops and such.

When it comes to the stationary computers, power line is the last resort option you use if you don't know how to pull wires through your house or you live there temporarily so you don't want to do that.

I do.

>wifi is SHIT
i love this meme

Depending on the device, it can get up to 1200 Mbps.

powerline adapter starts to lose connection after a few hours of use

What the fuck is power line adapter
Just use router and wifi

It depends both on your powerline device *and* your home's wiring. In a new home on the same circuit, it will work pretty well. On an older home going between different circuits, it won't work as well.

And I wouldn't even bother if you have knob-and-tube wiring (most places don't, but some older pre-1950s houses do), it's not even worth bothering with it.

Wifi is shit and anything that can be wired, should be wired.

>t. Tim Cook

>cat5
You're the nigger. Cat6 or gtfo.

Serious question: What is the border of a collision domain with power-line adapter? Does it have some HW encryption? If my neighbor also plugs in such an adapter is my traffic visible to him?

But I do user. 50ft cable running from the room where my modem is to my room.

You mean 100BASE-TX S/FTP 8P8C RJ45 CAT6e cable ?

I have a question, can your internet speed get bottlenecked by a router? I know the ISP's can make it so your modem would cuck you, but they replaced my modem with a fast one that allows up to 100mbps download but i have some old router. Im connected by cable on a 30mbps connection yet i download shit at around 1 mbps, whether its a random download, steam or battle.net launcher.. my friend, which has the same connection as me, downloads at 4mbps on the bnet launcher.

No one else is downloading and barely using so im wondering if my router is cucking me

>why don't you have a wired connection
I always do

you never been to /fit/ then.

your snark is very reddit-like.

/lgbt/