Windows is better than Linux. It's time to admit it to yourself

Windows is better than Linux. It's time to admit it to yourself.

In what, specifically?

Linux is an OS for phones. Windows is an OS for desktops. I really don't see the overlap.

But OSX is better and iOS is the best OS ever.

MacOS is the best of both worlds 2bh

Sorry geeks, but windows is certainly not for me. It's on a disk which fucks itself in the ass from time to time (relentless automatic rapid power-cycling), and I haven't touched it since last month. It's there for a reason: Smartphone maintenance, or rooting shit (when it don't work on linux)

I hope this is bait.

Only if you like taking it up your ass :^)

everything

It is better than Linux at no drivers.

Yo I haven't used Windows in aaages on my laptop. Had to use it for vidya for the first time in nearly a year. Anyway shit is stuck in a dumbass update loop.
>starts updating whenever the fuck it wants
>reboot when I leave it be for 5mins
>find it sitting on gdm
>reboot again myself into the right OS
>BSOD BOIZ
>rolls back
Rinse and repeat. Shit is only good for gaming ayy, if d3d wasn't so good windows would be dead.

being raped in the ass by a donkey is better than using windows

Windows is for computer illiterates

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

It can't be better if it's closed source botnet trash. Illogical, no...
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Why can't we just be happy there's options instead of shit posting about which one is better? Be thankful were not forced to use one shitty OS.

how do I update all my programs in windows?

Linux is better on desktops too.
Just like it's better at everything else.

I've never had any problems with windows desu fami. I don't even remember the last time I got a bsod.

Linux has been a better OS for decades.
The only arguments against it is that some software does not run on it.

Linux beats Windows on many points but Windows has a better ecosystem which is the most important.

why is it better ?

Linux is a great server and CLI operating system, but on a desktop it is utter shit. Windows 10 isn't the best but for me on my new rig it's extremely fast and stable, and with a little tinkering I prevent it from reporting to Redmond. I disable all services, especially Cortana, uninstalled the garbage it comes with. And in the end it's a fantastic OS. I also use Xampp for web development and works great, along with Visual Studio Code.

linux is just a kernel

Why would this be bait?

He's correct and all the statements are perfectly reasonable

bait thread

This. It just works.