Okay this is it. FUCK this piece of shit OS. YOU don't tell me when to keep computer on/off

Okay this is it. FUCK this piece of shit OS. YOU don't tell me when to keep computer on/off.

Will newer hardware support windows 7 any more?

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/
blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/05/04/announcing-windows-update-for-business/#f9IEQ26TFCS8W5sX.97
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Set up active hours from 11-23, it's the most optimal

No, most likely it will not.

>active hours
Why is this cancer allowed?

It makes sense normie-wise.
MS doesn't have to deal with bullshit related to people not updating

people cry about windows 10 shutting down their pcs because they're too retarded to set up active hours, during which windows will NOT restart automatically.

you can even set the hours after the update is about to restart, and it'll still trigger the postponed update after active hours or when you tell it to.

It's a shame you can't force Windows to only update let's say at 4 am, but otherwise the system is only flawed because it won't let you be active for more than 12h

>right now 3:30 AM tomorrow looks good
If you don't migrate from windows, you're just helping this monster grow. They won't stop doing retarded shit like this unless the users who are revolted by it actually quit using windows.

I actually don't use it as my main OS per se. Windows is horrible for users.

It makes sense to force normies to actually update shared libraries and whatnot, but it makes very little sense not to have an option to disable that shit.

Normies would've fucked up their Windows installations anyways by downloading song.mp3.exe, so it's not like they'll be smart enough to find that option at the corner of their screens.

>he fell for the "there's no way to turn it off without downloading viruses" meme

>Will newer hardware support windows 7 any more?
Yes, KabyLake runs just fine on Windows 7

All hardware supports it, dumbass. Will the OS support the hardware though? No

How do you know this?

There are screenshots on the internet from Intel.

Freetards
>Muh loonix/+=gahnoo is bleeding edge you couldn't handle it
>fffffff windoze wants to update, fuck that

i really hope you people all die, you shitcunts

My distro doesn't tell me when to update, I do it on weekends when I feel like it.

The difference is that Windows updates and reboots without your permission.

Enjoy not owning your computer anymore, shitcunt

Isn't it time you switched to an OS that just works OP?

You'll install those security updates and you'll fucking like it, user.

No use Linux you faggot

Whenever windows tells me i can't access some file on my computer or that i HAVE to update.

Why restart for updates though? It's fucking stupid as shit and you just haven't experienced anything better.

>have some VMs running
>have some M$ Word documents open
>leave some torrents seeding overnight
>...
>all VMs forcefully shut down dealing damage to their filesystems and losing data
>M$ Word documents closed without saving last changes
>"Updates were installed"
>mfw

>people cry about windows 10 shutting down their pcs because they're too retarded to set up active hours, during which windows will NOT restart automatically.

For one that's a new feature introduced with the anniversary update. For two it has a very limited range of hours. And finally some people have their PCs do tasks that take more than 1 day.

You can disable automatic updates entirely if you were actually smart. The reason it does this is because idiots (like you), will just keep postponing updates, a lot of which are security patches, then start crying about windows viruses when they click something stupid. Or people who never update for months/years, then get mad when they can't use their computer for a few hours when they finally click accept to download/install everything

I once had a Windoze Semen machine fucked up an expensive scientific experiment left overnight because it decided to update and reboot. After that I disabled updates on all of them. Yeah, you could disable updates on (((your))) computer these days.

>those days

You can disable windows update auto restart. Ive done it.
Launch the registry editor

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

If you don’t have the AU key, create it in the WindowsUpdate.

Create a new DWORD-32 value.

Name it NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers

Double-click it, type 1 and click OK

still can disable updates these days

Why the shit don't you just configure it from group policy?

Because some retards have win10 home. The method i posted is retard friendly

>security
>windows

You should consider dual boot, the bigger the Microsoft's monopoly is the less they fear any kind of backlash because most people will continue using their products anyway.

Fuck, people actually use 'Home" versions of Windows? I thought that was basically just crap you get on cheap, shitty prebuilt computers.

Retards just love to mess with win registry.

>has problems with software that aren't even problems
>he doesn't know how to properly configure his OS

Wrong pic huh? With an OS that just works you meant this, right?

Why would you limit yourself from using your PC during a certain period of time and why would anyone leave their PC on over night?

Is that not what 80% of computers sold are?

>have to add experimental repo to get nvidia drivers for a card from this century
Kek

>YOU don't tell me when to keep computer on/off.
are you fucking blind

it says RIGHT THERE to select a restart time
YOU DECIDE THE RESTART TIME YOU FLAMING FAGGOT

>Is that not what 80% of computers sold are?
I guess I was still kind of expecting people on Sup Forums to generally have custom builds or at least to be clever enough to get the only decent versions of Windows from shit like Dreamspark or by upgrading from decent versions of W7.

IT SHOULDN'T BE AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING AND RESTARTING BY ITSELF IN THE FIRST PLACE

>almost 2017
>using windows 10
Its like you want to suffer

but its super easy to make it not do that. As said before its for the old people who never update their computer then wonder why shit doesn't work

If you're using Home you're basically telling MS you're computer illiterate and don't care about it, as such they push the updates down your throat to avoid having you do completely retarded shit such as ignoring security updates, because that can be detrimental to other people and not just to yourself. If you're using Pro there's an easy to access, built-in GUI that actually lets you control the update process, including not updating at all unless you manually trigger it and completely disabling automated restarts.

If you thought the "Pro" version was actually for professionals, as in businesses to use, you were wrong. The version for business use is called Enterprise.

>using nvidia instead of intel

also, what the fuck are you even talking about, i dont have nvidia myself so not sure since i dont do gaming or graphics intensive stuff but doesnt seem to be complicated, looks like you just install the driver from "jessie-backports" for modern jewvidias, how is that "experimental" ?

in testing and unstable there seems to be new enough driver straight in repos

I guess it makes a little bit of sense, but I want my computer to be on for 2 hours before I leave for work, and then for 6 hours after I get home from work. It needs to have separatable spans.

Or, you know, just let me install updates when I want to

>Is that not what 80% of computers sold are?
How would anyone here know that? Am I the only one here who builds his own PC?

>How would anyone here know that?
Some of us leave the house once in a while

Stop spreading this propaganda. The next build will let you defer them for 35 days.

why are winfags even here? go post in Sup Forums with the other manchildren

>The next build will let you defer them for 35 days.
>He thinks this is acceptable.

It surprised me how polite Solus asks to update.

>please update at your earliest convenience to ensure the safety of your computer
>new software updates are available for you in the Software Center

And it doesn't update jack shit until you go push the button when you want.

Yes, it was Microsofts fault you're retarded.

>We'll
>looks good
This casual friendly language gets on my nerve so damn much.
Fuck whoever thought this was a good idea.

>It makes sense normie-wise.
No it fucking doesn't

Windows 7 and 8 didn't have any problem updating until windows started making their OS shit the bed with advertisements and crap

Now the OS is SO broken and people are so pissed with constant updates they need to set active hours on when they can do their updates?

Why is the computer telling the user when updates need to be done instead of when ever the user wants

What was wrong with windows before saying "I need to update" then having it update when you turn off your computer?

>use win 10
>the only time I update is when I shut down

Sorry you can't configure your own operating system.

>you need to configure your OS to not fuck your daily life up

Meanwhile windows 7 and 8 never did this for me. It updated quietly and didn't get in the way

do you watch anime?

It took ten seconds. Ten.

>shuts down in the middle of normal use
>no you have to set "Active hours" now
>what I didn't have to do that before this is dumb and it gets in the way
>shut up fag it only takes 10 seconds

0.05 has been deposited into your microsoft skydrive account

stfu pajeet, go eat some poo in the loo.

None of this happened to me. I configured win 10 when it first came out.

Again, are you OS illiterate?

You're as bad as applefags who defend having to use adapters for everything

This whole thing could have been avoided if they haven't forced that hybrid-hibernation bullshit instead of just shutting down the computer

>waaaaahhh it's hard configuring a normie operating system

Christ, do you fags buy computers with Linux already installed, too?

>you need to configure your OS
>you should have known you'd get fucked
>this is your fault
>you're OS illiterate because microsoft removed all your previous features then forced you to restart during normal use.

My windows 7 and windows 8 computers don't do any of this nonsense and I don't need to configure shit just to get the updates to work normally

You're a fuckin shill defending this crap its objectively worse to make something that worked fine beforehand, broken and then making it more complicated

Tell me whats wrong with Windows 7 update system that windows 10 needed to "fix" then make you fill out active hours shit

>LE WINDOZE IS BAD MAYMAY
*tips Gentoo fedora*
*scratches neck beard*
*asks mom for more pizza rolls*

>ironically asks if other people if they use linux
>linux is known for having to be configured beforehand
>thinks windows 10 retarded updates is better than windows 7 update system

>my operating system should do everything for me while I jack it to anime

Oh, now I see. You're a normie.

They probably saved their good boy points to buy those atom machines with "educational linux"

My computer should do what I want it to do, not update in the middle of me using because it needs to be configured to not force restart

Windows 7 didn't restart in the middle of doing something. Windows 7 waited until I was finished with what I was doing.

You're a fucking retard

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here

normies don't jack to animes

>you need to configure your OS
>you should have known you'd get fucked
>this is your fault
Isn't that the same argument against Linux distros?

>Isn't that the same argument against Linux distros?
I didn't mention anything about linux, you did

How is windows 10's update system better than windows 7?

I never said windows 10 is any better than 7, because it is not.

>people actually defending "active hours" bullshit
>people actually defending windows 10 restarting when ever it wants without your permission
>werks 4 me :^)

>normies don't jack it to anime
user, being a weeb does not change if you're a normie or not. There's most assuredly normie weebs.

With win 10 I've:
1. Never had to force restart
2. Never restarted in the middle of work

The ONLY reason I configured was because I was sick of the notification telling me updates were available.

Are you using home edition?

Sorry you, like many in this thread, can't use a computer.

Yea and so thats all I was talking about. Windows 10 has a retarded useless update system that needs to be configured? Fuck that noise there was NOTHING wrong with windows 7's update system

>With win 10 I've:
>1. Never had to force restart
>2. Never restarted in the middle of work
>The ONLY reason I configured was because I was sick of the notification telling me updates were available.
>Are you using home edition?
Great, all that shit is worse than what windows 7 had.

>home edition
theres little difference between pro and home now I have windows 7 pro and a shitty laptop with windows 10 that works worse than when it had windows 7 on it because windows 10 installed without my permission

>not wanting to put up with broken update systems is "you can't use a computer"
>vehemently defends active hours
Windows 7 didn't do any of this nonsense, you're retarded

>being a weeb does not change if you're a normie or not
wrong

>There's little difference between win 10 home and and pro

wtf?

Haven't defended active shit. Haven't even mentioned it in one post.

In college I met many normie weebs with active sex lives, friendships and jobs. One guy was responsible as fuck until his "anime time" in which for two hours he was dead to the world.

The primary reason people went to pro was because you could remove the ads through GPO

but now you can't remove them via GPO because of the anniversary update

ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

>Haven't defended active shit. Haven't even mentioned it in one post.
>NO WINDOWS 10 IS FINE YOURE JUST A LUDDITE AND CANT USE A COMPUTER
>I CONFIGURED IT BEFORE WORKS FOR ME

nah windows 7 is better than this broken trash

You don't fix what isn't broken you fuckin shills

Daily reminder that windows 7 updates were fine and there is literally no reason for windows 10 garbage updates and active hours crap

user, you've been arguing about shitty updates and pro provides:

blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/05/04/announcing-windows-update-for-business/#f9IEQ26TFCS8W5sX.97

>almost 2017
>Windows still needs to restart to update anything
lmaoing @ your life

my article is newer than yours, Microsoft removed your ability to disable ads in GPO. This is fucking adware bullshit there is literally no reason to use windows 10 when all this garbage simply doesn't work and wants to do nothing but make it more convoluted for no reason by breaking previously working features

What does this have to do with anything

Windows 10 pro still wants you to run fucking updates all the time and you have to fill out the stupid active hours bullshit.

What happens if you stay up late one night and use your computer in your "not active hours" or some shit? There is literally no point to this garbage just change it back to the way windows 7 worked

>seeding on a productive machine
>seeding at all
>having multiple vms
>having vms at all
>writing "productively" on multiple msword documents, with unsaved changes

>defending windows 10
>just don't run VM's!
fuck off shill

This is not being weeb tho, this is just watching animes. Google what being a weeb means because I'm a lazy phoneposter.

>want to change my mouse sensitivity
>go to search bar
>type "mouse"
>keeps wanting me to click the website links to use bing to look up mouse on the web
>won't pull up the normal "mouse options" I use like in windows 7
>have to go through the UWP and Control panel just to get back to the normal mouse options

jesus christ it does this FOR EVERYTHING

>want to search network settings
>keeps wanting me to bing search for network settings instead of giving me network options

>want to search "device manager"
>wants me to fucking bing "device manager"
>have to go through control panel just to get to device manager

search bar is fucking broken and unusable

>OS still wasting resources in the background without users permission, can't be disabled without wasting an hour crippling the OS using 3rd party tools
>OS has control over you instead of the other way around
>forced to keep the PC on over night
Even with Linux you don't have to put up with this much shit. Windows 10 is objectively worse than it's competitors (Mac and popular Linux distributions) and it's also worse than it's predecessor. It's sad that the only normie friendly operating systems are either the expensive MacOS and the not well known GNU/Linux and normies don't know how to change to those.

I installed Win10 a while ago so I'd have D3D12 and then just never updated it. No anniversary edition and lots of third party weaks to disable updates completely.

This works well because Windows is for video games only. For work I stay in OSX, and use Win7 VMs if needed.

Install gnu/linux operating system.

A free software operating system is better, if windows was free software you could modify it to disable the malicious functionality you are encountering.

Consider that microsoft is probably updating the computer "for your own good" in order to prevent someone from giving your computer unauhorized instructions, by giving it unauthorized instructions. It is hypocritical at best

if you weren't a normie like 75% of the board, you would've know how to set the update download as optional.

Why are people still sucking Windows 7's cock?
I've had exactly 1 problem with 8.1 and it was fixed with Classic Shell.