AMD Ryzen

with dubs this absolutely crushes backdoored Intel kikestones

we also can have civilized discussion of the greatest AMD64 processor right here!

No dubs for AMD

You sure?

That's bad news. It means he'll make another thread just like this one.

They're both backdoored what are you talking about?

Shit naming desu.

wrong

AYYYMD hw backdoor is on the cpu itself and can't be patched like intel ME.
dumb poojeet

Pronunciation of the letter Y in most none English speaking languages is cumbersome. They fucked up.

>They fucked up.

Other languages, that is!

They'll lose sales either way.

AMD Marketing™

if dubs intel continues to dominate the cpu market

if dubs amd prices them all wrong

AMD has had a custom ARM core on-die for like 3 years now on all their newest APUs, the new Zen CPUs will be the first high powered desktop/workstation CPUs with AMDs trusted platform environment.

So both have backdoors now.

Repeat after me
>WINDOWS 10 ONLY!

Fuck that shit

here's your (YOU)

What can we expect on the mitx side with this chip?

Not to mention that a lot of languages don't differentiate between z and s. In Swedish (and I imagine other scandi languages) it's pronounced more like "ryssen", which translates into "the russian".

kys

if dubs, amd delivers

If dubs, nobody else in this thread gets dubs.

All of you fucking stop. Nobody cares about the AMD64 anymore because Arm will be the standard as everything moves to mobile and x86 struggles to keep up in the mobile sphere. Qualcomm will take over and smartphones will be all anyone uses in 8 years.

>mfw gonna get myself an i5 6600 and fuck the future

dont mean to sound retarded but, is this true? like how can a cpu be locked to one os?

by not adding support for the new instruction sets or the way the core is configured.

Apparently ZEN and Kaby Lake are not going to be """optimized""" for older windows versions, but they will still be able to run them. At least that is what they are saying now.

It's not about CPU they are backwards compatible, problem arises from there won't be new chipset drivers for new platforms like z200 so your peripherals and I/O won't work properly.

Microsoft not supporting Kaby Lake and Zen, i.e. not optimizing their old OS for the new architectures, is an entirely different issue from drivers. AMD, Intel and mainboard manufacturers will provide drivers for Win 7 and 8.1. Why wouldn't they?

>AMD is for weeaboos

And I was just about to give them a chance

Optimization is not a deal breaker, at worst CPU's smart turbo or deep idle states won't work. Chipset drivers are a deal breaker.
>AMD, Intel and mainboard manufacturers will provide drivers for Win 7 and 8.1
Why should they? It's extra development cost and MS encouraging them to drop.

All the true weebs run intel, can't encode blurays in a timely fashion with AMD can you?

You're not missing much. I loved my Athlon 64 back in the day but AMD in both the GPU and CPU space is basically playing the "Hey we saved you $30 for this part and it's ALMOST as good as what Intel/nVidia had as a flagship two generations ago!"

I hope they eventually do catch up but they're still a few generations out from being an actual competitor to anyone.

It's not much extra work and they have nothing to gain from not supporting Win 7 and 8.1.
Microsoft wants people to switch to 10. Intel and AMD want to sell their system to as many people as possible

nvidia hasn't had a good mid range gpu in years

They already made statements for only Windows 10 support
>"No, Intel will not be updating Win 7/8 drivers for 7th Gen Intel Core per Microsoft’s support policy change," he added in an email on Tuesday.

>An AMD representative was equally neutral. “AMD’s processor roadmap is fully aligned with Microsoft’s software strategy,” AMD chief technical officer Mark Papermaster said, via a company spokeswoman.

If they have a change of heart and make drivers good for everyone.

6900K can run Win7 SP1

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES (((Ryturd))) CAN ONLY RUN WINBLOWS 10

Will there be micro stutters and wavy frame times with Zen like AMD's previous processors? Shit like that is the only thing I'm concerned about, that and price.

The only hope is that if AMD is hungry for money then they will add W7/8/8.1 just to get that potential market bucks

>>OP
>start a dubs thread
>expect anything but shitposting
I see..

Wow that's fucking enterprises over big time. The last two enterprises I had contracts with just finished migrating from windows xp to windows 7. It will take them another 10 years to even migrate to win 10.

>say it with me folks!
KABYLAKE DOA

Your laptop and cellphone is probably already backdoored on the firmware level from absolute software corporation.

>Kabylake is exactly the same as Skylake but locked to Win10
:^)

>using le jewish arcs on the competitor of jewtel
What did he mean by this?

This is exactly why I think that these actions are just to scare people into upgrading to win 10. It took more than a decade for microsoft to kill XP and they still haven't managed to do it completly.

Enterprises aren't really scared easily. They will keep paying for extended support. All of these enterprises that just finished migration to windows 7 actually still have computers running xp because they simply can't upgrade them due to software incompatibility. Their roadmap is like 5 more years on xp until they have finished developing replacement software for the closed sourced ones and validated the software.

>RYZEN
is that some gaming meme

970 gtx is still more than enough to run AAA titles in 1080p on high/ultra settings, it's most popular card out there and u could get it for $200 when they were clearing stores b4 Pascal.

>Inb4 muh woodscrews, muh 3.5 and muh 480rx.

rx 480 IS more powerful

$330 MSRP is not midrange

>cheap haslel IPC level 8c/16t CPU

maek it habben pls

I sent that to her twitter and she blocked me
Xenophobic bitch

Other way around. Old OS's aren't being updated for new hardware

Yea. Even bulldozer kicks ass at encoding as it uses multi core.. dumbass

So much this. A build on that one would allow me to virtualize my separate firewall, router, VPN, file server, telephone exchange, 802.1x and domain controller. I like the idea of running these things as mostly separate virtual machines. Although pfsense + vpn + 802.1x in the same machine would probably make sense.

I know a lot of you are creaming yourselves over the 90+watt beast processors, but i'm looking forwards to the 64w midrange models as more of a competitor to the i5.

amd 4 lyfe nigga