I want to make simple retropi's and sell them for profit to friends of friends

I want to make simple retropi's and sell them for profit to friends of friends.

How would you guys approach this, Ive never owned a raspi but will order one to tinker with soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56070
youtube.com/watch?v=X-oyvuZ97Qw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would start by inserting them into my posterior

raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56070

Never tried it, but it seems simple enough.

If you can succumb to only RETROARCH you just buy CHIP. It's the cheapest sensible microcomputer you can get.
I would do something fancy though, either 3dprint or buy used NES cartridges and mount CHIP there. Bluetooth CHINK controller (chink general gogo) and you should be sub 25$

There might be something cheaper chinese shit you can use if you just going to use it to run emulators on

starting to look into CHIP looks pretty cool, does it have a program or interface that is simple to use?

> i want to sell something easy to make

Uhh good luck

Retroarch has UI, there are also GUIs for it. You just compile it for CHIP and you don't need any other UI. They usually support pad input so yeah.

>I want to make simple retropi's and sell them for profit to friends of friends.
For profit? Dont. Its so easy you are either going to be laughed at or be constantly bothered to give support for fucking idiots if they cant make their own.

I've got a Chip but had a hard time getting retroarch to build and work and all. I was working on making my own system instead of using something like retropi but I've mostly given up

people in my community are buying amazon fire sticks with KODI installed for $100

I can probably sell these bitches with nes,snes,64,psx emus plus KODI and a promise for tech support for $120

Man no offense, but if they are at that level you are just asking for trouble offering to support them for peanuts.

make cooler case not this well known bullshit one

>"i have a great idea on how to make money on something even though i have no idea how to do it"

can idea men just die?

is it too late to make a christmas wish?

This reminds me of some shit tier minecraft "laptop" they had to build that use a rasberry pi. A serious piece of shit.

mom bought me a raspberry pi for Christmas and I put retropie on it. Literally you just put the image on an sd card and stick it into the pi. Absolutely retard-proof

Sei vorsichtig Hans, Rauchen verursacht Herzanfälle!

Do those chink controllers work well?
Really thinking of getting SNES and N64 ones from ali/ebay

>selling ROMS
I have seen stupid ideas but this is some high level stupid

I just finished setting up RetroPie on a RasPi0 no less.
17000 games.
Deffo need to get better controllers.
Shit is boss.

Yes but normies don't know that. Look at that nes thing that Nintendo released, you only get like 30 games and it costs more that a raspberry pi with emulators that basically plays everything

Show it to a normie and tell you made it, they will think you are a super hacker genius that plays with super computers and makes rocket fuel in your free time

youtube.com/watch?v=X-oyvuZ97Qw

Well shit, looks like the Amazon Fire stick can run fucking psp emulators

gay. Trashing the idea unless I make lego cases for them for looks appeal

The N64 ones tend to work better than the SNES. I bought 150 USB SNES controllers and they are noticeably laggy, but I am merely reselling them as part of a kit and they were less than $3 each so I don't really care

Jesus tech has come a long way if disposable garbage can run psp

This is what I was talking about
Do you know if they're any good?

I don't know about specific ones, but all the generics are essentially the same and the N64 generics tend to be better and have a lower latency because they're more expensive. I'm sure that one will be fine

It'll probably be pretty close to the cost of the NES classic so it may not be worth it.

Make friends first

Just ordered one at the cheapest $50 with case and power supply

Gonna try to sell just this one for $120 and see how many other people are interested when I post it up. Ill get as much useful shit on it to advertise as I can.

How in the fuck would it not be worth it if the cost is close to the NES Classic? The classic can only pay 30 games. The Pie can play them all, with much more usability, as well as other console libraries too.

Can anyone suggest a 3D printer for custom cases?

dont wanna spend more than 500 but ill use it for more things in the future like making phone cases and shit

Earlier this year I bought a bunch of Samsung Q1s with the intention of turning them into emulation machines and reselling them, but they turned out to not quite be powerful enough so I gave up. If you could find newer x86 tablets with a similar form factor (i.e. built-in stand) you could easily install RetroArch and emulate pretty much anything and sell them for $80