How would I go about ordering a really strong laser with the most visible beam? I don't really care about watts...

How would I go about ordering a really strong laser with the most visible beam? I don't really care about watts, I just want the beam to be super visible. Teach me Sup Forumsrandmasters!

Other urls found in this thread:

bitlasers.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=84
lsrtools.1apps.com/relativebrightness/?nm1=520&mw1=800&nm2=465&mw2=4500&useRaleigh=on
sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/
aliexpress.com/item/32701692568/32701692568.html
youtu.be/bl23sp9prvk
aliexpress.com/item/500mw-532nm-focus-able-burn-match-green-laser-pointers-high-power-Free-shipping/32735012148.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.14.xORT37
youtube.com/watch?v=iVrJUbeuG44
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a really strong laser with the most visible beam
But that would be dangerous, and potentially illegal.

>strong laser with the most visible beam

that's the sound of your retinas frying

>2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Get a ruby laser.
Good luck cooling it for any burst longer than a couple milliseconds.

Come on guys, I'm a manchild. I need this in my life.

Pointing your laser at planes is highly illegal

I just want a visible beam, because I'm autistic. Help please!

Get a cheap green one. They are quite visible in the air at night.

>caring what people you'll never meet don't want you to do
>ever
>for any reason

sure is sheepish in here

the blue ones are more visible

I know green ones are visible, but which one would be most visible? What actually determines it's visibility? Theory says blue ones shpuld be most visible, since air scatters it the most. Thoughts?

>Edgelord : the post

Order a super strong laser from china and ask them to write "flashlight" and remove any laser stickers before they send it to you.

How? I already told you I'm autist when it comes to this stuff...

Order a nice one from Aliexpress or something and just tell the store to remove stickers and write "flashlight" on the box.

I have looked at lazers on aliexpress and some of them even write "If it is difficult to import we can write flashlight and remove laser stickers from the product, just tell us before we send it"

You need a green one, as that is the most visible color per power. I recommend one with a direct diode at 520nm rather than a DPSS at 532nm, because it would be more powerful per cost and more stable and robust. Here's one for example, it is incredibly bright: bitlasers.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=84

Another option is a light blue one, there are some ridiculously powerful diodes in the 445nm-465nm range these days, as said it will be less bright than a green one per watt, but you can get them in higher wattages so it might just even out. You can use this tool to compare the brightness of various powers at different wavelength: lsrtools.1apps.com/relativebrightness/?nm1=520&mw1=800&nm2=465&mw2=4500&useRaleigh=on

Finally some real Sup Forumsood people, thanks guys. Need to check out these websites, be right back. By the way I'm from Bosnia, so shipping might be problematic to say the least.

I've always wanted to build a strong one (>1W) , but never did.
What do I need to look for? Diode lasers are the only option if I want to keep it cheap and simple, right?

Yes. You need a diode in a module and lens, constant current driver, and host with fitting heatsink. You can get diodes and drivers from sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/ . Then if you search laser host with heatsink on google you should get plenty of results

You can buy good lasers from China all day long. I'm not sure what the shipping costs are to Bosnia, but I'm sure it's cheaper to ship from China than any western country.

Can you post a website from which I could order one?

Aliexpress isn't bad. Here's an example of one.

aliexpress.com/item/32701692568/32701692568.html

If you have to ask, you shouldn't be anywhere near these things. I don't really care if you blind yourself, but you may well blind innocent bystanders too (or at least cause severe, permanent visual impairment from a burned retina).

With that price the quality can't be very good..

It doesn't include the 16340 battery.

still tho

They've got good reviews on YouTube. Naturally, the chinks lie and say it's a 2w Lazer, it's closer to 1w though.

youtu.be/bl23sp9prvk

Star Wars isn't real you homo.

I think you're looking for a flashlight.

Seems you are more of a dumbass than an autist to me.

I just want something handheld that produces shitload of light, laser or flashlight.

btw nice thread guys, kind of turned it into /laser/ general

Hunting spotlight.

>I just want something handheld that produces shitload of light
Then just get a led flashlight

It's pretty straightforward. You just need a kyber crystal.

I already got cree Q5, but I'm putting regular batteries in it, not ultrafire, so it's not really bright. What would be something affordable I could buy next?

Top fucking kek

These things are a special kind of dangerous because
>they can cause damage instantly
>the damage is normally irreversible
>the damage can be life-changing (if part of your retina is burned you can say goodbye to ever flying an airplane... you won't pass the visual field tests. And if you're hit in the fovea, you're just fucked in general.)
>the damage can be done from quite some distance away
>the damage can be done accidentally, by a fuckwit kid who ordered one from ebay
>the damage can be done deliberately, by a fuckwit kid who ordered one from ebay
>the device doesn't look very dangerous (I'd probably confuse it with a heavy duty flashlight)
>the device is especially appealing to those who are least likely to use it safely and responsibly (teenagers, irresponsible 20-somethings)
I am not a fan of banning things but there is a really strong argument to be made here.

Sure it probably works fine, enough for people to make a positive reviews. But how long will it last? And if it does break, will the seller offer a warranty replacement? At that price, I don't see how he can afford to.

>citation needed

These lasers aren't meant for industrial use. They will hold up long enough for the average person to get bored with the idea of using a high power laser.

SO EDGY

Green lasers are much brighter than any others due to being in the middle of the light spectrum. If you're only worried about brightness, don't worry about buying one with a focusing lens on it. Don't buy from wickedlasers unless you feel like paying premium for higher quality (they're basically the Apple of lasers)

>most visible beam

sorry to break it to you, but that shit is only visible on camera.

I want a massive laser cannon so I can destroy small cities with it and take over the world and be a villain and stuff like that

Not at all true. Indoors or especially in darkness the beam is stunning

532nm spectrum (Green) is the most visible, but also typically the most expensive depending on the level of mW/W you want out of it. I have a 200mW that was $150 from a chinese site that specialized in laser sales (rayfoss I think it was called) and it is a damn decent laser.

That said if you want the most powerful (mW/W) for cheap the 445nm (Blue) is the best way to go since the diodes were massed produced awhile ago and not only are more common but can handle high wattage pretty well. That is why 445's are more common and cheaper as of the recent years.

Look at it this way, compared to a gun or a knife, lasers are much harder to obtain past Level 2 classification.

Level 3 requires some online surfing and anything beyond 3B requires either the know how to build one or a reputable site that will give you what you ordered by spec and is totally not screwing you over/stealing your credit info. Even the shitty mainstream sites like Wickedlasers have blocked a lot of US sales without some sign of proof that you are legally capable of owning one or some shit like that.

The worst thing a 3B laser can do is blind someone in the direct line of path, burn things at a really up close to the device, and most common issue with jackasses with these lasers is pointing them up at the night sky and at aircraft that can cause issues with pilots.

Class 4 lasers are more dangerous sure, but are typically harder to get your hands on them as well considering the level of heat they naturally produce any chink POS will likely burn out after 60 seconds of constant use. They need heatsinks out the ass and a powercycle that will not cause any burning out to the diode/driver.

At the end of the day, you will likely see more jackasses get a hold of a gun or a knife for stupid shit than someone with a laser. They are too niche and high maintenance for your average jackass to want to use.

> any chink POS will likely burn out after 60 seconds of constant use. They need heatsinks out the ass and a powercycle that will not cause any burning out to the diode/driver.

Lmao, did you waste your money?

If you want the laser beam to be as visible as possible, make it green. The eye is most sensitive to the green part of the spectrum.

>At the end of the day, you will likely see more jackasses get a hold of a gun or a knife for stupid shit than someone with a laser.
That's not really an argument for legalizing lasers as much as it is an argument for banning guns and knives

due to how Rayleigh scattering works blues are brighter, but good job talking out of your ass

t. liberal pussy

Nah, I used to do a lot of research on the subject when I was younger and was on LPF before it got super cancerous with sponsored shit.

A lot of the common chink sites will have lasers but they are never the advertised power, its always under that. Rarely some come close but not without some kind of sacrifice/issue such as poor build quality or an underspec driver that is overclocked and ready to burn out. Its a common thing to take in consideration if you are the least bit serious in buying high powered lasers.

Not so much that and more so the fact that no matter what a jackass will do stupid shit no matter what they have in their hands. Can be a gun, a laser, a knife, a pencil, a car, the voting system, and so on.

The problem is always on the user end, don't limit it for all of us, just keep it out of the hands of jackasses.

You know, anyone who comes onto Sup Forums, asking for a 'really wrong laser with the most visible beam, i dont care about watts" is a little concerning...

People need to realize that a LASER is not a toy. They are serious instruments that deserve respect. The fact that any Joe Schmoe can click Buy It Now on a multi-watt DPSS nowadays, without a fucking clue in the world of the amount of damage such a device can cause to the human retina should be SCARY to anyone.

It is people like you that cause people like me to have to be concerned with the FDA'a ever-increasing rules surrounding LASER's. Shining shit like this into pilots eyes, football players faces, etc. Morons.

Pic related... My first two ion laser were Lexel 75's, followed by an 85, then a white light 95.

Please, these are not toys. If you do not even do enough research to answer your own questions (not on Sup Forums), then you should not be buying high powered handheld LASER's.

u angry

How about you drop the sanctimonious pretenses, maybe your testicles will descend with them.

you're assuming it's being viewed at many kilometers distance

I owned the laser in OP picture. Bought it on Craigslist. Guy said he had the cops called on him for using it.
I in turn had the cops called on me for using it. It was absurdly powerful and legal to own but I pointed it skyward from my back porch for just a couple minutes.

@58186727
@58186766

desperate butthurt samefag detected

You are going to loose your vision and maybe fuck up someone elses, stop being a faggot

>aliexpress.com/item/500mw-532nm-focus-able-burn-match-green-laser-pointers-high-power-Free-shipping/32735012148.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.14.xORT37

Have this exact one, can confirm it is very visible at night, in fact you can see it during the day, just not in direct sunlight.

Strong laser by definition shouldn't be visible at all. All the light should be going straight and not refracting to make it visible. Unless the air in your area is super smoggy or something.

>I was younger and was on LPF

why do faggots always use obscure acronyms like its supposed to be something universally identifiable?

>Shopping for high powered lasers
>Not coming across LPF first hand

Laser Pointer Forums, just about anyone in the market for or have at some point invested in high powered lasers have found this site. It's gone to shite in the recent years though.

t. edgy kids that will end up making innocent passers-by blind

youtube.com/watch?v=iVrJUbeuG44

For fucks sake, don't buy your protective goggles from AliExpress or eBay if you care about your eyes.

Ingrain this to your head, moron.

You will NEVER have a lightsaber or anything that looks close to it. You will NEVER see a visible, thick, and colored beam of light that ends at a certain length.

You will NEVER EVER be a Jedi. Enjoy waving around your laser pen lights around like the autist you are. Grow up.

>pilots eyes
Did you mean while they're still on ground or while flying a plane?
Are lasers strong enough to reach that far?