/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy S8 said to come with 8GB RAM, UFS 2.1 storage tipped as well
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_said_to_come_with_8gb_ram_ufs_21_storage_tipped_as_well-news-22361.php

HTC 10 again gets $200 price cut, valid until December 27
gsmarena.com/htc_10_again_gets_200_price_cut_valid_until_december_27-blog-22360.php

Bootloop issues reported by many Nexus 6P users
phonearena.com/news/Bootloop-issues-reported-by-many-Nexus-6P-users_id89396

Cyanogen Inc shutting down by the end of the year
cyngn.com/blog/cyanogen-services-shutting-down

[Deal Alert] The Nextbit Robin is $145 on Amazon ($105 off)
amazon.com/Nextbit-Robin-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B01D9LVCAI

old

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Bluetooth-Headset-Sport-Stereo-Headphone-Earphone-For-iPhone-Samsung-JP/381783707664?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=38530&meid=88cf5a40daff4350a398da99ab4bf1ae&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=191880837210
dx.com/nl/p/bluetooth-v4-1-edr-sport-stereo-earphone-with-mic-black-429802#.WGFvBmVJnmh
androidauthority.com/tcl-evolutionary-first-new-blackberry-branded-smartphones-ces-2017-737813/
ces.tech/Media/Press-Events-Schedule/2017/Xiaomi-News-Conference.aspx
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software
zukfans.eu/community/forums/custom-z2plus-rom-releases.16/
trustedreviews.com/lenovo-zuk-z2-review-battery-life-camera-performance-and-verdict-page-2#hdWLm8fxTyFTxM2w.99
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Android_ricing
forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/general
en.miui.com/thread-281979-1-1.html
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/advanced/flashofficial
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting from /csg/ because i desperately need someone's approval.

>I fell for the chink phone meme for the first time ever. Got myself a Redmi Note 4 for $166 incl shipping. Did I do good?

>ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Bluetooth-Headset-Sport-Stereo-Headphone-Earphone-For-iPhone-Samsung-JP/381783707664?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=38530&meid=88cf5a40daff4350a398da99ab4bf1ae&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=191880837210
>dx.com/nl/p/bluetooth-v4-1-edr-sport-stereo-earphone-with-mic-black-429802#.WGFvBmVJnmh

WHICH ONE DO I GET

>bluetooth
Prepare to get cancer

Why that, just don't want wires anymore

So my OPO died in a water pool. I dont want to spend that much money on another smartphone right now and the OP3T it's out of my current budget.

Should I get a ZTE ZMAX Pro ($100) or should I get a Xiaomi? the RM3P with 32GB/3RAM seems pricier.

Anyone here has experience with the ZTE one ?

bricked my s7
>rooted it perfectly fine
>installed xposed
>restart
>dead

now im download a pajeet firmware to try and flash it back it stock

>mediakek
No. shouldv'e bought the RN3P instead.

SHUT UP!!!

none. Bluedio N2.

Neither. Get KZ HDSE or Bluedio

Looking for a chink tailor, to do dress shirts in amerifat sizes (need tall).

6XL shirts fit, but are pretty big, they are the only shirts that fit my arms.

Why those two in particular anons

Redmi Note 3 Pro or Redmi 4 Pro? Can anyone vouch for the build quality for both phones after a couple of months usage? Cheers.

They're better and /csg/ approved.

Wait what the hell am I doing in smartphone general

My bad user, but thanks for your tips anyway

Anyone?

RN3P is better but if you want full 4G in US go with the ZTE.

What is the best smartphone right now and why is it the OP3(T) ?

blu phones come with amazon ads if ordered from amazon prime.

RN3P or Moto G4 4th gen?

>stuck on samsung logo
>blue light
>cant power off the device, display always on
>can soft reboot but then cant turn the display off

stock flash better fix this

Hey. I've never owned a smartphone. Not sure what I should look out for, but without a doubt I'm leaning towards a droid that I can root, install a ROM, maybe even rice to make it speshul. What phone should I get? would it be wise to get an older phone like a Galaxy Note and install Replicant on it? Or should I get a newer phone like Nexus 5x or 6p?
Also, which carrier is pretty good? Thanks.

Note 7.

you're epic

does the redmeme note 3 pro capacitive button visible w/o the lighting it up? I wanna use on screen button on cm since I got used to it in nexus 5

Anyone have Experience with the Honor 8's?

wew, thank god pajeet rom worked

thought i was fucked for a hot minute

ok thats it
I have to be a special snowflake and get a blackberry priv or a passport
question is, which one? I wont be using it for anything but browsing the net, google maps and music (I don't have any friends so I don't use social media or anything) but the priv looks cool as fuck to me. But then again so does the passport and it's a hundred quid less...
I suppose the priv appeals to me due to the hidden keyboard which gives off a best of both worlds vibe but the passport not hiding the keyboard also looks cool as fuck, honestly can't choose between the two

I have 6gb data in my.plan but barely use more than 1 or 2gb, how should i maximize my usage ?

Have you done side by side comparisons? The passport is a couple of years old right now.

How long are you thinking of keeping it for?

I use my devices until they literally fall apart, used a iphone 4 until like 7 came out when it smashed so I used htc one m9 but then dropped that in the toilet right after I had done a piss
Might just shell out an extra 100 for the priv to get a big more life out of it as it's my birthday next month

anyone use or own the LG G5, what are your thoughts on it?

Maybe you should buy a better grip.

What country/carrier? What's your budget and what you gonna use the phone for?

Good site to buy chink shit from in Canada ?

Fuck it, just bought a Nexus 6P.

Avoid at all costs

kek I actually don't care for my phones at all usually because they're so old I don't give a fuck so I throw them in the air all the time n shit
But surprisingly the only time they've broken is when they've fallen off a table due to someone moving something or as I said, sliding off the top of the toilet into the toilet basin itself
Not my fault!

Wait for CES they're announcing a new keyboard blackberry.

my family gifted me a samsung galaxy s6 edge for christmas

what good apps should i use?
my last phone was something like 6yo, so i don't know shit about apps. any advice is welcome.

whens CES m8? Hopefully when they announce the new phones the prices for the priv/passport will drop :^)

Next week

androidauthority.com/tcl-evolutionary-first-new-blackberry-branded-smartphones-ces-2017-737813/

Enjoy your bootloops.

wow i'm pretty hyped but sad blackberry stopped designing their own things, this may be what they need to revitalise their brand though

reckon it'll be any good m8?

Apparently Xiaomi's announcing something too
ces.tech/Media/Press-Events-Schedule/2017/Xiaomi-News-Conference.aspx

A phone maybe?

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

No idea but you should wait anyway for price drops.

Probably yeah.

any particular reason? What similar price/performance phones are there

alright well like I said my bday is in a couple weeks so this is pretty good timing, hopefully my parents will pay half the cost of a blackberry priv for my present as i'd hate to make them pay for the whole thing
hope everyone had a good xmas btw

Best phone to run Replicant on?

>finished fixing my bootloop issue
>reinstall
>goes well
>not paying attention installing xposed
>install wrong one by mistake
>brick
>reinstall rom again
>hit factory reset instead of wipe data
>brick
>reinstalling rom again for the 3rd time today

feels dumb man

I once wiped internal storage with the system and only when it came time to flash the ROM I realised the zip files I needed to install were on the internal storage. So I ended up with a phone with no OS and nothing to flash on it. Luckily managed to use ADB to push the files back on to the phone.

But at least you knew what you were getting into when buying the Nexus 4 and 5. All the Google phones after that have been plagued by issues which only revealed themselves after several weeks of use, while at the same time costing more.

Just ordered a zuk z2. Did I do good?

I'm planning on flashing it. Any rom recommendations? I saw someone here had luck with mokee?

a 5x is a pretty decent phone that has basically everything you'd want in a smartphone and it's cheap.

>falling for the kuk meme

pls explain how i got memed.

how the fuck do I get thumbnails on webm files?

I didn't want to make a new thread and didn't know where else to put this. I have a nexus 5x and a thinkpad t420. I need some way to be able to take pictures and have them almost instantly loaded onto a folder on my computer, and not saved on my phone. What would be the best way to do this? I'm making a very low budget stop motion film for shits and giggles and using my phone as a remote camera essentially.

Yeah im running MoKee
Auto rotation doesnt work

RR or mokee.

zukfans.eu/community/forums/custom-z2plus-rom-releases.16/

What's a decent microsd card? Currently surviving on a 8 GB one.

EyeFi or Airdroid.

Cool I hate auto rotation.

Yeah mwtwo i only use it for videos but w/e i like my phones degooglyfied

>basic feature doesn't work
>I d-don't n-need that anyway!!
KUKed by the ZUK

Its not zuk but the devolepers of MoKee.

If zuk didn't come loaded with unusable chinkware, there'd be no need for mokee.

Z2 pro user here.
My phone didn't come with bloatware and everything works.

No idea why anyone would need anything but stock rom when it doesn't impede your access to your applications.

128gb is just fine

Only app that came on the phone that I don't use is play music. Other than that it's fantastic and bloat free.

Should I install Badoink?

>No idea why anyone would need anything but stock rom
Gapps

>No idea why anyone would need anything but stock rom
what's the point of buying chinkshit if i can't hack at it?

See

Have you tried resurrection remix?
How was that?

You guys have any suggestions for a phone I can get on amazon for under $100?

No. Literally the only people who bought that phone are retards blinded by LE UBER KEWL 820 SNAPDRAGON RAWR meme

So you're saying snapdragon 820 isn't good?

Wasnt it discontinued?
It was great only bug was that you had to switch airplane mode on and off to activate mobilr data after being connected to wifi.
I had more problems with my nexus 5 CyanogenMod Nightlies.

Pretty much if it's surrounded by abysmal shit. :)

Wasn't that CM?

Also for nexus 5, if you're still interested, you should check out purity rom. On lollipop it was the best rom for performance and battery life with Uber kernel.

Kinda went downhill but still pretty great on marshmallow.

Good thing zuk phones aren't shit then

Yeah. Can't do better for less than 200 dollars.
You did well user.

>Good thing zuk phones aren't shit then
LMAO nice meme.me
purchase rationalization hurts :)

I have a Wileyfox Swift ('crackling'), which came with cyanogenmod. Now that cyanogenmod is dying, what rom would you recommend?

Thats not how poo looks like according to indian scientists
Nah i could tweak it to get 5hours sot with elementalx or something and gapps less PA. PA was like two major releases ahead of stock droid wouldnt like to ditch that.
However i wont ressourect that pos.

What's better for ~200 US?

>Verdict
>One of the best phones to come out of China this year, the Zuk Z2 offers cutting-edge specs at a fraction of the cost
trustedreviews.com/lenovo-zuk-z2-review-battery-life-camera-performance-and-verdict-page-2#hdWLm8fxTyFTxM2w.99

Yeah. I loved mine for the value it offered at that price, but the more I started to use it since getting a better sim plan, the more I started to hate the battery life.

On a good day I was getting 4 hours SoT. I tested so many rom+kernel options, wasted so much time, before settling on purity+uber.

Near the end before upgrading to my z2 pro I was lucky to get 3.5 hours SoT.

Dont start that shillwar.
people who want THE battery life are better served with a Redmi.
Yeah but the developer of resurrection remix for the Z2 went to another project.
Ye i side graded to a used m7 after a half year.. wasnt that much better..
Google phones are shit imo. There were always a major flaw that made things a meh phone. Im impressed that you used it that long.

Got a Vodafone Smart Ultra 7. Wanted to root it and get Cyanogenmod, but they seem to have shit the bed (plus, support for that particular model is pretty wonky). So what exactly can I do? The out-of-box ROM has lots of Vodafone shit on it you can't uninstall.

I had horrible luck, you see.
>upgrade to a used LG G3
>battery life just as bad
>charging IC on mobo melts after 3 months

>wait a couple of months, use nexus 5 again
>sidegrade to a redmi 3
>4 months later I wake up and it's hot. Very hot. Won't turn on at all but charging LED comes on when I plug it in
>plug it into computer, can still go into the qloader mode but since it wasn't unlocked I can't flash or attempt anything

>go back to nexus 5 for a few months
>finally decide to spend more than 150 aud on a phone and grab a zuk z2 pro

I'm cursed to keep going back to that nexus 5 user. And if my zuk dies I'm going to be so fucking pissed off. But hopefully it's better quality since it wasn't as cheap.

>Australian
im sorry to hear that
Are you charging your shit in your bed that it gets that hot?
Well be careful with the z2's usb slot. It's dorectly soldered on the mobo and can't be replaced without equipment if you can find the parts at all. Thats the problem with all chinlphones.

I charge it on my bedside table.

I wouldn't trust any charging equipment enough to leave on my mattress overnight and active while I sleep.

>, can still go into the qloader mode but since it wasn't unlocked I can't flash or attempt anything
You can flash via EDL even it it's locked.

So I have a Moto G and I would like to customize it a bit more after having had it for about a month now. How should I go about this? the XDA forums are a bit hard to navigate not knowing anything about rooting and launchers and shit.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Android_ricing
forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/general
so far i have looked at both of these and still don't know where to start, maybe its because im afraid im gonna fuck my device up

Which gen Moto G?

4th

Mine keeps stopping after the hello packet thing.

I tried for days.
I will have another look, if I can get it working it'll be a great phone for my dad, but I don't have high hopes for it anymore.

It's 100% revivalable if you can get that far.
Try with the beta version of miflash
en.miui.com/thread-281979-1-1.html

Or one of the versions on the bottom here:
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/advanced/flashofficial

how does anybody buy phones anymore, they're all so mediocre even though budget devices are still demanding a lot of money