My OCD is acting up. How do I delete the fucking Kindle User Guide from my kindle 2016?

My OCD is acting up. How do I delete the fucking Kindle User Guide from my kindle 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Duokan
apprenticealf.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

On my 4th gen you just pressed right on the dpad, and selected hide from the menu.
I dunno how it works on the newer touchscreen memes.

You can't sadly. I have newspapers that are like 4 years old, and I'm unable to delete them.

btw have you checked whether you turned off the stove? Did you lock front door? The back door? The windows?

just curious

Return it and buy a Kobo

this thread is relevant to my interest

I would like to pick up an e-reader sometime soon and I don't have the slightest clue what should I be even looking for while picking one.
I have a tablet and I find it tiresome to read solid text on it, comic books much less so.

I would like something I could use without having to pay for the files since I have my own ebook/pdf/comic book files and I don't want DRM, that's reliable, preferably backlit and has really sharp display for a decent price.
The infographic on the wiki is three years old and I don't know to what extent I can rely on that advice.

Get a Kindle Paperwhite, use Calibre to automatically convert and transfer the files.

On mine (not sure which date, but it's recent and has no backlight) I can just long-press it and choose "remove from device". I'll still see it under "All", but it completely vanishes from "Downloaded".

how is it with amazon devices though, I heard they are infamous for the DRM/remote management of user devices and the resolution isn't optimal for comic books

I already checked the pricing and the kobo glo seems to me like a fairer option at a significantly lower price point.

Got an opinion on that?

No opinion on the Glo, haven't used it. I do know I've put pirated books on my Kindle with no issues.

I would stick with your tablet for comics, simply because it's probably much larger.

yeah, and if it has coloured pages I can get the colour
I probably wouldn't drop it in favour of an ereader but I still would like to have the option to put the odd book on it too.

I'm mostly concerned about the piracy and possible fees to be honest. I also heard that amazon devices come with intrusive ads and an option to pay to have them gone?
Is that true?

You start by going to google and getting a fucking full size picture for your thread, you worthless faggot.

Mine does have ads on the lock screen and library. No ads while reading, and to be fair I was told about them when I bought it & could have paid more upfront to skip them.

The main reason I went for this particular one is because I wanted to buy books from the device without messing around with transferring files, and the amazon store is the largest at least in my country. Since you have your files already I would definitely consider other options.

Do keep in mind that the more obscure the device, the less likely it is to get updates and the less support you're likely to find for issues. But on the flipside, the cheaper the device, the less of a problem it is if you do end up needing to replace it.

Is that the new 3DS XXL ?

Aura ONE here. If you're primarily reading anything that's not a novel, you're going to want a bigger screen (which basically means none of the Kindles will cut it)

Install Duokan firmware, no ads and many more options.

On my paperwhite you could just select it and hit delete.

Give it back Sharkquishal!

is it not present in the files when you plug it in to a computer?

Just looked it up. It appeals to my inner hacker but really I just want the device to be simple and reliable. I never use the browser and I'm happy with the current fonts/margins.

Enjoy your ads m8. Punch the monkey to win a free iPad!

I am aware of that, thanks

ok, but which is the sansa clip plus of ereaders?

>using Kūndle over Koho
Cuck'd

>thinking it matters

retarded

is she on the steve jobs diet?

literally never seen an add on a kindle, where are you finding this garbage?

kek

>swindlefags

bump for kobo opinions

had the kobo mini, loved it.

+long battery life
+hackable
+kobo start menu + koreader makes it very nice
+fits in pocket
+allows DRM free formats from 3rd party sources (a.k.a. pirated stuff)

-no backlight
-default software bit slow

kobo glo HD

+long battery life
+hackable
+kobo start menu + koreader makes it superb
+backlight (100 light levels)
+allows DRM free formats from 3rd party sources (a.k.a. pirated stuff)
+300 dpi screen
+fits in pocket

-default software a bit slow

and it's like this for all kobos.

If you install KSM and koreader it's the best you can get.

how does the memory works out, I'm doing my own research now and it appears they removed the expandable storage from glo HD
I know ebooks don't take up much space but still

Kill you'rself

if you can boot up a linux live cd (if you're not using linux, macOS, or *BSD) you can change the internal memory.

the internal memory is just a 4gb microSD card. you can remove the back of almost all models.

use 'dd' to copy the entire mSD from your 4gb mSD to a larger mSD, then expand the correct partition.

done.

you done that?
given that most ebooks have sizes in kbs I don't know if I should bother, although removing the SD slot is surely a downgrade

bump

>I just want the device to be simple and reliable.

wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Duokan
>Duokan is an alternative operating system for the Amazon Kindle that adds a significant amount of missing features for the Kindle. It is a must have if you want to read EPUBs, PDFs, comics in ZIP files, and even Chinese and Russian ebooks without the frustrations of conversion.

Sounds like you _need_ to install this if you want a device that's simple and reliable. I mean ffs, it doesn't even read sodding EPUB by default.

I have books from the amazon store but also want to pirate some because i'm poor. Is this risky or nah

Honestly idk how amazon would be able to confirm where you got the book if they were looking for that sort of thing,
you could of gotten it from some other store for all they know.

Just don't send your books to the cloud or email them to your kindle if you want to play it safe.

duokan is chink botnet with garbage font rendering and no pin lockscreen

you can DeDRM amazon kindle purchases and sling them into calibre apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

>pin lockscreen
>on an e-reader

for what purpose

wouldnt you like to know

If you actually read that User Guide then you would know.

Sometimes i wonder if that one time i went on holiday and i didnt turn off the tv. Fuck gets me everytime.