Why install GENTOO?

Why Sup Forums suggest to install Gentoo? Why not Slackware, Arch, or any other GNU/Linux distribution?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/install-gentoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a meme you fucking idiot. Why are you interpreting memes seriously? Are you severely autistic?

You get full control how it's compiled.

The large community support base and being able to compile packages with the features you want is amazing. Gentoo is not a meme it's a really great distro.

Most of the more well known Sup Forums community members (r4av, dr. geN2stein, amamama, for example) now recommend solus

But, I can compile on any distro!

Retarded solus fucker

OP: Why not FUNTOO?

Reasons why people like Gentoo
>Portage
>rolling release

Reasons why I don't use Gentoo
>Portage
>rolling release

Eh, because they're faggots and lesser-thans. I still use a weird bastard version of Slackware that i've been monkeying with for over a decade for pc use. For server use, I use OpenBSD because it's hands down the best. For my distributed and imbedded stuff I use an Inferno fork that I wrote. For my GUIs I tend to stick to xmonad rewritten in an idris fork.

My sides..

Use flags, hardened,profiles,control,easy to work with

Maybe he cant interpret stupid made up words by retards that are not in any English dictionary.

Bastard slackware version? Freeslack?
Im a slacker and want to know for educational purposes.

Maybe Salix?

OP: I like Slackware, but with XFCE.

"install gentoo" is Sup Forums's way to say "lurk moar"
only reddit newfags actually install it

Thank's! But, still a good distro...

Me too.

>slackware
no package manager
>arch
unstable bleeding-edge packages only
>any other
99% of them are shit and the 1% are even more obscure

Slackware does have a package manager called slackpkg and pkgtool by default.

> Arch
> Unstable
I've heard this repeated a fuck ton but anecdotally it has not held water. The worst I've personally experienced (after at least 2 years of using Arch as a daily driver) is gvim doing weird shit and it wasn't patched for a few hours. Is Arch really that unstable?

OP: Now I know...
knowyourmeme.com/memes/install-gentoo

You are fucking idiot. And you have butthurt because you can't install it.
Funtoo is fun too.
But your package manager don't have control if you compile your own programs.

OP: I will install GENTOO right now!

>But your package manager don't have control if you compile your own programs.
Not him, but its just a problem if you can't distinguish between your pm installs and sc stand alone installs. This is what i hate about linux users today and the heavy reliance on package managers....
The majority of users these days damn near shit themselves if they have to manage any compilations outside of their pm's.
Go fuck yourself.
T.Slackware user.