Organize an image board

Currently there are two views of a board here:
1) the list
2) the catalog
Both are hopelessly disorganized. While I see the appeal to a disorganized heap of anarchy, I also see the desire to make data as accessible as efficient as quick as possible.

Pic related, this is a mess.

What about a heat map? Group by subject? Some metrics on the data so people can find a hot topic or area of interest?

Are you a person with ideas? Because this strikes at the core of human development.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/H4HUmW4R
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>>/reddit/

Filter the garbage and over half that shit will disappear.

Yeah my display is 2560x1440
fite me.

>not using a dark theme
I see why you can't see a thing.

whats your favorite anime

Reddit is a popularity contest. I have no wish to duplicate that cancer here. Upvotes make fake posts. In a sense, replies are upvotes and the (you) meme detracts from purity, however, Reddit takes it to a flaw, one we should avoid.

Please flush out your design.

well that's fucking stupid cause the catalog is actually easier to read when a row isn't 30 threads.

4chanX lets you sort the catalog by post count and something else which I can't remember.

Anything beyond that would require tagging which is a non-option cause you won't get users to do it and automated tries will suck.

Maybe have threads sorted by medium charactercount/post or OP character count. The longer the posts, the more substantial the discussion, usually. Bar the few copypastas that are trivial to filter out.

Please flush out your brain.

I fapped to a nude community mod of Haydee, the thicc game. NGE tbhfamalamadingdong.

ebin le maymay redditor XD

No. No, no. This is the board that turned Tay into a killbot. What about deep learning on the threads, some tensorflow, some robot view that makes r9k look like last millennium.

posting in a good thread.

I made my own program (originally Sup Forumsrowser, but now browser #113) to view boards before the catalog existed. the catalog's nice but I still like my way more.

>Anything beyond that would require tagging
Well you could at least sort by image count without any extra data. Sorting by post rate is doable too.

dank. how in god's name did you do that? And what does it do that the catalog doesn't do?

Tweeting Hitler at a thing and making a thing is not the same thing. Though it should be possible to identify high-quality posts by looking at their grammar/vocabulary/orthography or the image attached.

4chanx lets you do the former, I think.

>what does it do that the catalog doesn't do?

lots of things, such as searching all posts instead of just OP. and it lets me view threads. I just move the mouse around to different tiles/threads, and then I can scroll through replies. it's the easiest way I know of for browsing.

I like it how it is and I come from plebit
The structure and enabling retards to post without penalization exposes you to content that otherwise you never would watch
Plebit system sucks balls if you post in a big subredit with a hated topic you only will farm negative karma and destroy your account (it has consequences)
here none gives a fuck about points or being a top karma whore, you post you have a little discussions and thats it.

but it looks like shit

that was just the look I was going for! =)

You better offer up a download link brother.

pastebin.com/H4HUmW4R

the biggest problem with the catalog is that my thread filters don't work on it

makes it basically useless

Not bad, brother. Hope you survive Hulkamania next year.

filter do work on catalog user

i dont supposed you could share source on that?

Sounds like your filters are shit.

>What about a heat map? Group by subject? Some metrics on the data so people can find a hot topic or area of interest?

Here is how you need it:

Require a thread title

Truncate the images in the catalog

Arrange everything in the catalog one on top of another as lines of text, with the post itself and the image hidden until clicked. Here is an example implementation:
------
[post a new thread]
-
Stop using proprietary computer software
-
Which linus is would win in a fight?
-
Friendly gnu linux thread
-
Combine harvesters are technology
-
How to install windows ME on a 2016 macbook pro?
-
100 more stuff im not going to type out
-
[return] [purchase a Sup Forums pass] [j-list]