Lineage OS

Are you hyped, Sup Forums?

No, custom ROMs can't fix Android

all BRs please return to XDA forums

Why even bother when your phone comes with the comfiest OS there is?

what is that?

Are you actually using WIND/Freedom? Hahaha wow.

Oxygen OS. It's what comes with OnePlus phones.

Fuck yeah buddy. 40$ a month for unlimited everything. The service is shit, but I don't stray too far from Vancouver where it's half decent.

OmniRom is the true successor to CM.

Sup Forums is only hyped by negative news, like "cyanogenmod is ded, androidcucks on suicide watch!!1".

I would love to have oxygen os
shame there isn't going to be a oneplusx2 with sd625

Yes, I want to know what happens with it. Will we still get snapshots/nightlies as usual? I want a CM14.1 snapshot for my Nexus 4. Or rather LineageOS14.1 snapshot.

>Yes, I want to know what happens with it.
Same. I'm already on the latest CM 14.1, but I want to see the future of the most important custom ROM

The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.

It have the "impossibility of installing custom firmware" problem instead. Along others.

I was missing some features on CM14 so I reverted to CM13, but overall it seemed just as fast and stable as CM13.

See attatched picture. It happens the same with iPhones, but the performance goes in the opposite direction. Had two iPhones, received as gifts. Will never buy an iPhone, or suggest anyone getting them.

fpbp

so what exactly do I have to do in order to update my phone now?
I don't want to build my own ROM again.

so will it finally get an official note 5 version?

Why would we be hyped?
It'll take time to rebuild the same infrastructure for LineageOS and finally get Nightly builds.

The initial OS release itself will probably just
s/CyanogenMod/LineageOS/g

>Check back for more information on Tuesday.
We don't know more for now.

fucking this.
LineageOS is just a renamed CM, developed by full of Pajeets

Lineage OS still don't have a logo.
Are we making one?

>please check back for more info on tuesday

>its tuesday and nothing

fucking lairs

muricans live slightly in the past

Yes, absolutely. Some people just need fucking patience, it's been a few days, my stable CM13 build is fine for now, looking forward to LOS14.1, whenever that may be.

Who doesn't? The alternative (Replicant) needs love though.

Not really, it's just the same old, same old.

AOSP and heavy kernel tweaking can fix Android.

No, it can't.
Only real OS can be good only desktop *nix.

Android apps are comfy. Plus, you can install a Linux container to run Linux applications.

Container is crap, only bare metal will give you real feel of comfort and actual usability.