pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/z70-mechanical-keyboard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mechanical Keyboards are a meme for autists.

Mechanical keyboards are a meme for kids who say "I will do it."

early for sharp things

>not using exacto knife for sharpening these bad bois

im sorry but i dont get the appeal of the HHKB. i understand that it has a certain feel to it and that it is infinitely programmable but the F keys, keypad, arrow keys, and the other keys that it lacks are just too convenient for me to buy into the meme.

also its over $200 that is completely unjustifiable for a keyboard.
at least at my current sallary. if you make enough the good for you.

i cant deny that it does look cool.

i spend most of my life at a computer whether its at work or at home. so fucking sue me if i want a specific feel from my keyboard.

bro get a knife that can handle some actual work. that thing looks like it will snap at the smallest amount of tension

>bro get a knife that can handle some actual work. that thing looks like it will snap at the smallest amount of tension
>doesn't know Opinel

I don't mind the lack of keys because I need the space and the arrow integrated arrow keys are decent enough for when I do (a few times a day).
If you import it from Japan and use a proxy it is much less expensive and I don't mind losing the warranty.

You sir are correct. Rubber domes are were its at.
Hopefully the rest of these kiddies, and the whole industry for that matter grow up and realize that.

Just not using the rubber dome for activation, as that requires one to smash it really hard into the membrane.
Using capacitance is a much better method.

thats all well and good. to each his own im just not a fan of the minimalist platform.

it might be just me and the brutal work i put a knife through but that knife would snap after less than half the work ive put mine through. if your just stripping cat5 and opening boxes then it would work fine and probably maintain its edge (depending on the materiel).

i tried the rubber dome thing and i didnt like it. although it did survive multiple alcoholic drinks being poured into it so i cant deny the durability. call me an autist but it just didnt feel right.

you can keep your tacticool shit bruh, that's not really my thing

>having to bottom out your keystroke to have it register
fucking mongoloid

dude I've cut countless hashish bricks with Opinel knives those thing won't break.

My biggest improvement would be to have this be the layout.

>He doesn't know about capacities switches
>laughinganimegirls.jpeg

and if they somehow do, they cost like $20 to replace

More or less that layout.
I would love arrow keys to play metroidvanias and there's a lot of space to work with on the bottom row of the HHKB.

it depends on the model (size) the decent ones are not that cheap

enjoy your shitty rubber poorfag

Maybe one day when you grow up you'll realize that capacitive rubber domes like topre are the true endgame to all mechanical keyboards

you ragging on me for "tacticool shit" is absolute hypocrisy. your keyboard is the definition of meme.

now that thats out of the way. we each have our own devices that perform the actions that are called for in our daily lives. pry a 70 lb comm system out of place so you can get your fingers in to replace it. or hack through a dozen thick pieces of coax in a day and get back to me. honestly let me know if this conversation needs to go any further so we can take it to /K/ where it belongs.

so what exactly changes the capacitance? the spring?

ye

Topre switches have been around since the 1980s. They were never designed for consumer products, but rather for industrial applications due to their increased durability over cherry mechanical switches. It wasn't until recently did we start to see them appearing in keyboards. The only thing the rubber dome does is provide the tactile feedback and weight for the switch. The capactibe spring only provides 5g of force. The nice thing about being capacitive is the inherent nkro, and the increased durability. Its also doesn't feel like traditional rubber domes since its much smoother and softer

>your keyboard is the definition of meme
kek, agreed there

>now that thats out of the way. we each have our own devices that perform the actions that are called for in our daily lives. pry a 70 lb comm system out of place so you can get your fingers in to replace it. or hack through a dozen thick pieces of coax in a day and get back to me. honestly let me know if this conversation needs to go any further so we can take it to /K/ where it belongs.
this sounds pretty autistic senpai

but I think I agree with what you're trying to get at. I probably wouldnt use an opinel in hard labor work

>Upgrading from a Planck to an Ergodox

Am I falling for a even bigger meme?

anyone have experience with ducky keyboards?

> gang members knife (piss off I know its origins)
> peasants knife (name says it all)
hopefully you didn't spend money on these

>non-standard layouts
kys famalam

two individuals in agreeance regarding their differences on Sup Forums.

a red letter day ladies and gentlemen a red letter day.

>>non-standard layouts
It's just a bunch of 1u keys.

Nah, it's a good board.

Wouldn't those slide around a lot? Just how heavy are they?

It doesn't actually. There's just some electrical tape on the legs. I need a more accurate scale, but it's around 7-8 pounds.

no one actually uses shit like this, right?

Of course not, that's just a CGI render user :^)

Fucking JIS layout, so close to perfect with that bottom row, and yet it's got a shitty ISO enter and 1u backspace bringing it down.

1u backspace ruins it for me just as much as the large ANSI spacebar.
I actually like the large enter key because it is easier for me to hit.

I'm not opposed to ISO enter from any usability perspective, mostly from the perspective that the only profiles you can get ISO enter keys in are Cherry, OEM and DCS, none of which I am a fan of.

Hey guys, just ordered a Unicomp Ultra Classic. How long should I expect this thing to last me for? My current keyboard just started double tapping about a week ago, already tried cleaning it with no luck.

>How long should I expect this thing to last me for?
It will outlive you.

Thoughts on Corsair keyboards?

The Vengeance K6 is on sale and would be my first mechanical

Read the OP links.

Corsair is decent quality-wise, but the looks are questionable and non-standard 5th row means you can't easily buy custom keycaps.

Hell yeah, I'm excited as shit man.

how do KBP keycaps compare to the cheap Tai Hao shit?

What switch do you guys recommend coming from a long time dome user?

Pretty sure if it's double shot and OEM then it's Tai Hao.

>not using a chisel
Get on my level scrub

Not sure what you're going to use it for, so it's hard to recommend something specific.

ignore this meme, buy topre

You're not wrong.

I just got my first mechanical keyboard with cherry blue switches.
I love typing now.

Does anyome have experience with these?

The colors are really beautiful.
My only complaints are that you only have F11 and F12 for custom key lighting presets.

All the LED controls are done through the keyboard too, if that bothers you.

I recently bought the Poker 3 60% kb with clear switches. Sadly I don't like it very much.
For one, it feels to me like the Clear Switches lack feedback when it registers a click, and on the way down it feels like it's scraping along the walls.
The other problem (which I'm to blame for, for not paying attention) is that the kb doesn't have arrow keys or a seperate delete key.
Now I'd like a kb with arrow keys, a del key, more HNNNNGH on the way down and some UNF at the bottom.

fps gaymin and online shit posting

are reds a marketing meme? I hear brown is best

FC660C

Or FC660M if you're a FAGGOT

reds are blacks for babies with no finger strength

Brown is the shitty in-between of reds and blues. They don't feel as good to type on as blues and aren't as fast as reds. The marketing over reds is meme up to a point. I use blues, and while they feel amazing to type on, it is slower to double tap a key. It doesn't bother me that much personally, but a lot of people don't like playing games with it because of that. Reds however, are great for that specific scenario, but they don't feel anywhere near as comfortable to type on as blues. Again, browns are really just a somewhat shitty in-between.

Gateron browns are fine

that's because basically all gat switches have much smoother contact surfaces on the stem compared to modern cherry

so the flaws of browns are downplayed

>200$ keyboards
yeah, nah. Also, not available on german amazon anyway.

then get some generic tkl loser

Get a TKL with Blues.

>double tap
On some street fighter combo shit? Doesn't this cause typing errors?

I don't want a loud keyboard and from my research domes are around 50-65g and browns seems to be the best bet
is this new reddit generation brittle boned? This light switch thing sounds like laptop keyboards

>On some street fighter combo shit? Doesn't this cause typing errors?
Some people do have issues with misclicks because they're so light, but yeah, it helps when doing fast actions like what you mentioned and double-tapping skills on MOBA/MMO for example.

Blues are pretty loud, so that's not really an option. As another user said, Gateron browns may be better, but I've only tried Cherry ones, and I don't really like them. If you don't want a light switch either, maybe look into blacks or even clears. The easiest way to solve this is by getting a switch tester.

how good do those aliexpress topre mx sliders feel? im tempted by an fc660c with mx stems and dsa caps for my next board so i can see what the topre meme is all about

How common are the typing errors? I've been typing/fps gaming for years with domes only so the sound of this concerns me.

I haven't used a board with reds regularly, only tried them out, so I don't know how big of an issue it is when typing, but I assume it's not that big of a deal after you get used to it.

browns have similar activation pressure to rubber domes which is why people coming from rubber domes like them

In other words, it's the natural choice for people who have no reason to have a mechanical keyboard and don't want heavy presses clicks and nodules getting in their way, but fell for the meme

Would rings fix this problem? I imagine they add some sort of weight/resistance

Why aren't SP's cream colours available for one-off DSA keysets? I just want some tasteful cream and deep red caps, but all they can offer me is bright white or bland grey instead of cream.

Britbong here looking for a transportable Mech wondering if you guys can help.

>50£-100£ Can stretch if needs be just light this month due to Holidays.

>Uk - England

>Would prefer clicky switch mostly going to be used for typing however.

>Whatever is closest to most UK layouts preferably honestly I do not know much about keyboard layout.

> TKL numpad not needed however arrows required.

>Back light not required but would be nice, if it impacts the size requirement forget about it.

O-Rings are mainly used for sound dampening, and to slightly shorten the travel distance so you don't bottom the keys out. They don't make a difference on the switch actuation point or weight required for the actuation.

keyboardco dot com
have a look around, don't be afraid to use the contact form, you'll get responses quite quickly and they're very pleasant to work with, been chatting with the owner recently and he's a great guy, they're based in the UK as well so the shipping is real fast.

Clicky switch for typing >> look for blues or clears (though don't throw matias switches out of the window, they are really nice too)
UK layout can be found on site for most
'TKL' is a full size without the numpad, so inclusive of the arrow keys, anything less is usually referred to as a 60-68% keyboard layout.
Backlighting is a bit of an odd one, I don't like it but you limit your options if you desperately want it.
How heavy are we talking by the way? A solid majestouch-2 TKL is ~1kg and just slightly above budget e.g.

One thing I noticed with mech keys is that bottoming out with no rubber is kinda uncomfortable to the finger, because it's just bumping hard plastic.
Whereas on a rubber dome you have some cushioning by default.

I don't know how most mk-ers are ok with this, it's an obvious disadvantage.
Do o-rings fix this?

You are objectively wrong, the hard bottom out of stock Cherry switches feels infinitely better than the mushy uncertainty of rubber domes.

The majestouch actually looks quite idea for my needs, weight and size are fine. My job requires me move around a ton, and I lug a lot of tech around.
The laptop my company supplied has an absolutely trash keyboard that I cant stand. and I was just looking for alternatives.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction mate.

there is no comparable tactility to browns in any rubberdome switch.
They are not similar. People that use o-rings fit your description though.

So I'm trying out some Cherry switches and they wobble a bit left-right...
Are there any switches that don't do that?

Topres

Is Topre the masterrace then?

I've been watching some reviews and it seems better than Cherrys.
Frankly the Cherrys feel a bit cheap.

matter of taste really
if you don't like cherries you might like topre though

Opinels have done a fuckload more actual work in their history than the tacticool Jamal stabbing fantasy tanto half serrated prybars or the factory edged pocket jewelry flipping toys manchildren carry.

>Hurr durr that knife won't stand up to being used as a prybar

Go borrow a sharp knife from someone else and

K Y S
Y
s

>endgame

That would be buckling springs. Model F > Model M > hot steaming garbage > all other switches.

>tfw waiting for keycaps in the mail

>tfw ugly ass moogle space

Just got a blackwidow chroma, what am I in for? Got it for a hundo

caseking.de
There you go retard

0.01 Z70 on Massdrop.
massdrop.com/buy/z70-mechanical-keyboard

>laser-etched caps on a non standard layout keyboard
well idk about this
also +$60 for zealios switches

I wouldnt mind the layout as much, but that connector is an instant no buy

What possible upside is there to that double spacebar? Unless you type through find and peck, that shit is useless and will lead to mispresses.

What's the USB connector on the Anne PRO? Can't find much about it in the product description and pictures. Just bought one, and I already have an existing keyboard with a detachable micro-USB cable, and it would be nice to use the same one for both.

more keys usable with your thumb is a swiss flag

Did you watch a video review

Shit, I'm retarded. Usually I completely ignore videos, but there's actually one in the product description, and it is indeed a micro-USB. That should make things a lot easier while using multiple keyboards.

More like an Italian one. It is two keys to serve the same purpose as one and it requires re positioning of the thumb from the natural position.