Is it silly to get a Titan X Pascal for 1080p gaming?

Is it silly to get a Titan X Pascal for 1080p gaming?

No. Anyone who tells you it's overkill is just jelly.

It's overkill for sure, but if you have the money for it, go for it.

Would I be better off with 1080 SLI'd or wait for the Ti version? I read that the Ti version is coming in Jan?

Titan X Pascal > 1080 SLI > Single 1080 Ti

1080 Ti might even be better than 1080 SLI because some games will straight up not use the second card.

SLI'd 1080's wouldn't be better than a Titan X Pascal?

No because many games don't support sli properly. In many cases you get lower fps in sli. Just get the titan

How expensive is Titan X and is it available ?

$1200 only on nvidia website, are there no variants coming out for it? Like the 1080 has dozens of different versions.

I have a single monitor setup atm.

Is it worth it to get another 24" inch 1080p monitor? The one I have now is really good IMO and only costs $200 CAD.

I always thought my next one should be to add a 1440p, or something. But desu, those are double the price if not more and I don't even have a graphics card capable of it yet...

What do?

Going dual/triple monitor is a world changer, no long have to stack windows on top of eachother, you can do at least 2 things at once, game + watch shows, internet + watch something, etc.

I agree, it's good. But the choice remains of the type I should get. I'm a fan of symmetry, so that's also a factor to include..

Same, I wanted to get 3 monitors but my desk isn't wide enough. If you're going to get a higher res monitor for gaming and whatnot try to get one the same dimensions as your 1080p one.

For the cost of a Titan X Pascal you could upgrade all the other components in your PC to some of the latest stuff, 6700k, new motherboard, ram, and on top of that get a gtx 1070 for 1080p gaming.

Why bother making a million different vatiations for a miniscule, niche market

>25-30% faster than GTX 1080
>double the price
>50-60% faster than GTX 1070
>triple the price
>110-130% faster than GTX 1060
>quintuple the price
>130-140% faster than GTX 480
>sextuple the price

no matter how you look at it, it's retarded

It's comparable, but not exactly the same. You can still get 4K gaming potential with both, but because you're working with SLI you have to deal with games that utilize both naturally. If the game doesn't, you have to manually force that, and if the game is shit enough you'll have to deal with bugs pertaining to the fact that it's not designed to utilize SLI/Crossfire.

*RX 480

When the 1080 Ti does come out it'll probably be priced around $800-900 USD and won't be as powerful as the Titan X Pascal.

what're going to get?

>GTX 480