Scrolls

>scrolls
>can become unrolled and then trampled on by the pets
>no security
>no protection from the elements
>no security what so ever if someone steals your scroll they have 0 steps to get into it
>takes an insane amount of shelf space
>holds limited information
>no way of knowing where something8ng might be without scrolling through the entire thing

>books
>have a handy and convenient cover to protect them from sun damage and other dangers
>if one drops on the floor the pets might mean one page if it even comes open
>can be stored in about half the space of a bunch of scrolls
>can hold a lit more information
>can have a lock attached to it making it much harder to get into sensitive data even if its stolen
>can have page number and indexes and other info letting you know where the data is at a glance

why do you hipsters still prefer scrolls to books again?

Other urls found in this thread:

librebook.xyz
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do scrolls even work

Do you need a super long table to unravel them and then you have to keep pacing back and forth?

Hah, mad bookfag detected.
Have fun having to carefully flip through each page looking for something while I simply roll out my entire scroll on my 30ft study desk and lightly peruse the contents while slowly walking with my hands behind my back and smoking a pipe you fucking faggot.

i think you are supposed to unroll small parts of them at a time and just keep moving moving it as you go seems very cumbersome

>doesnt know how to use a table of contents

>not using wall carvings
It's like you don't want your Shitposts to last millennia famalam

bitches love my clay tablets

Oh yeah? Fuck you.

You should see how the girls look at me when I unroll my scroll at Starbucks™ and it rolls onto the ground, rolls out the door and into the parking lot and hits their cars.

Have fun with your shitty little cuckbox you pathetic pagelet.

Clay? What are you some kind of mud farming luddite? Real women won't settle for less than marble.

E-readers are the next step in the evolution of literature.

its a witch burn it

>year of our lord 2000+2x8
>doesn't code on a wax tablet

The Stone Tablet Pro doesn't have this problem.

>thou dost not scribe unto Tablets like Moses himself
Flout in hell thou jestful whelp

Guys, you're all missing the point, writing is just a method of passing information. The way in which you pass information is of little importance, what IS important is how good your libraries are at helping you get to that information.

Whenever I'm looking at a scroll, or a tablet, or one of these new "books", I first think, "are there good libraries for this?" If the answer is no, then I know that the information is garbage, regardless of the medium used.

Literally a hand-cranked casette tape sort of thing.

Oh god have the bookfags finally made it to this board?
Books are just like google chrome, offcourse they are more 'usefull' if fucking anything is designed for book users. It's always bookstores, bookshelfs, libraries full of books..you can't even buy a normal desk anymore, they are all fucking small so you have to scroll every fucking minute unless u have a book. Well, fuck them. I won't sell my ass the mainstream so easily

>not writing your scrolls in latin

Scrolls are a compression format, not an encryption algorithm. Scrolls offer a higher level of compression than book format. Use latin if you want to keep the King's men out of your business.

>human knowledge reduced to electronic form
>any idiot can create information and store it
>imperfect storage medium
>can only realistially expect to store data for 5-10 years before inevitable decay and corruption of the data.
>needs power to be read
>completely fucked if exposed to the elements

Pfft, nice storage medium, kiddo.

the only knowledge i need is the knowledge of our lord and savior jesus christ and that knowledge is inscribed upon my soul which is eternal

>Scrolls
>No security
>He doesn't encrypt his scrolls.
Some people...

You can't duplicate and back up your stone tablet to multiple locations around the world within a matter of seconds.

>Feds have to spend a large amount of time if they want to copy my data.
Sounds good to me.
>Certain mineral shapes are illegal.

>Marble
Bahaha have fun keeping written word for mellinia on a material a gust of wind can literally scratch it off of.
Everyone knows if you don't at least use emerald then your a fucking plebius maximus.

>not just painting your data on the walls of caves with the blood of your prey

Shit lasts a hundred thousand years, apparently

>ebooks
>infinite ways and places to read them
>they weigh literally 0 grams

librebook.xyz

>leave them in a cave for 2000 years
>still readable

people didn't live in caves 2000 years ago

Data has weight

Holy fuck that made me laugh more than I thought it would. Thanks mate.

So do you just avoid reading physical books?

people live in caves today you fucking dumbass.
also don't need to live in the same place you store thing
why am i responding to this dumbass bait

>doesn't own manuscripts
Typical poorfags. The (((printing press))) is destroying our calligraphy skills. Kek, how can bookfags even compete?

Different guy here, but I read most stuff on electronic formats these days. I read a fuckton of books and if I bought them all in physical form my room would look like pic related.

I can manage to live with two overstuffed bookshelves by only buying the physical versions of things I really want to keep long-term and using Kindle etc. for stuff I only care about reading once.

Also real books are big and heavy, which makes it a pain to take them on trips etc., and they're kind of unwieldy for stuff like reading in bed. I'm currently reading a 700 page hardcover and it's a pain in the ass compared to a tablet.

In the name of the most holy and individual Trinity: Be it known to all, and every one whom it may concern, or to whom in any manner it may belong, That for many Years past, Discords and Civil Divisions being stir'd up in the Roman Empire, which increas'd to such a degree, that not only all Germany, but also the neighbouring Kingdoms, and France particularly, have been involv'd in the Disorders of a long and cruel War: And in the first place, between the most Serene and most Puissant Prince and Lord, Ferdinand the Second, of famous Memory, elected Roman Emperor, always August, King of Germany, Hungary, Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Arch-Duke of Austria, Duke of Burgundy, Brabant, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Marquiss of Moravia, Duke of Luxemburgh, the Higher and Lower Silesia, of Wirtemburg and Teck, Prince of Suabia, Count of Hapsburg, Tirol, Kyburg and Goritia, Marquiss of the Sacred Roman Empire, Lord of Burgovia, of the Higher and Lower Lusace, of the Marquisate of Slavonia, of Port Naon and Salines, with his Allies and Adherents on one side; and the most Serene, and the most Puissant Prince, Lewis the Thirteenth, most Christian King of France and Navarre, with his Allies and Adherents on the other side. And after their Decease, between the most Serene and Puissant Prince and Lord, Ferdinand the Third, elected Roman Emperor, always August, King of Germany, Hungary, Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Arch-Duke of Austria, Duke of Burgundy, Brabant, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Marquiss of Moravia, Duke of Luxemburg, of the Higher and Lower Silesia, of Wirtemburg and Teck, Prince of Suabia, Count of Hapsburg, Tirol, Kyburg and Goritia, Marquiss of the Sacred Roman Empire, Burgovia, the Higher and Lower Lusace, Lord of the Marquisate of Slavonia, of Port Naon and Salines, with his Allies and Adherents on the one side; and the most Serene and most Puissant Prince and Lord, Lewis the Fourteenth, most Christian King of France and Navarre,

with his Allies and Adherents on the other side: from whence ensu'd great Effusion of Christian Blood, and the Desolation of several Provinces. It has at last happen'd, by the effect of Divine Goodness, seconded by the Endeavours of the most Serene Republick of Venice, who in this sad time, when all Christendom is imbroil'd, has not ceas'd to contribute its Counsels for the publick Welfare and Tranquillity; so that on the side, and the other, they have form'd Thoughts of an universal Peace. And for this purpose, by a mutual Agreement and Covenant of both Partys, in the year of our Lord 1641. the 25th of December, N.S. or the 15th O.S. it was resolv'd at Hamburgh, to hold an Assembly of Plenipotentiary Ambassadors, who should render themselves at Munster and Osnabrug in Westphalia the 11th of July, N.S. or the 1st of the said month O.S. in the year 1643. The Plenipotentiary Ambassadors on the one side, and the other, duly establish'd, appearing at the prefixt time, and on the behalf of his Imperial Majesty, the most illustrious and most excellent Lord, Maximilian Count of Trautmansdorf and Weinsberg, Baron of Gleichenberg, Neustadt, Negan, Burgau, and Torzenbach, Lord of Teinitz, Knight of the Golden Fleece, Privy Counsellor and Chamberlain to his Imperial Sacred Majesty, and Steward of his Houshold; the Lord John Lewis, Count of Nassau, Catzenellebogen, Vianden, and Dietz, Lord of Bilstein, Privy Counsellor to the Emperor, and Knight of the Golden Fleece; Monsieur Isaac Volmamarus, Doctor of Law, Counsellor, and President in the Chamber of the most Serene Lord Arch-Duke Ferdinand Charles. And on the behalf of the most Christian King, the most eminent Prince and Lord, Henry of Orleans, Duke of Longueville, and Estouteville, Prince and Sovereign Count of Neuschaftel, Count of Dunois and Tancerville, Hereditary Constable of Normandy, Governor and Lieutenant-General of the same Province, Captain of the Cent Hommes d'Arms, and Knight of the King's Orders, &c.

as also the most illustrious and most excellent Lords, Claude de Mesmes, Count d'Avaux, Commander of the said King's Orders, one of the Superintendents of the Finances, and Minister of the Kingdom of France &c. and Abel Servien, Count la Roche of Aubiers, also one of the Ministers of the Kingdom of France. And by the Mediation and Interposition of the most illustrious and most excellent Ambassador and Senator of Venice, Aloysius Contarini Knight, who for the space of five Years, or thereabouts, with great Diligence, and a Spirit intirely impartial, has been inclin'd to be a Mediator in these Affairs. After having implor'd the Divine Assistance, and receiv'd a reciprocal Communication of Letters, Commissions, and full Powers, the Copys of which are inserted at the end of this Treaty, in the presence and with the consent of the Electors of the Sacred Roman Empire, the other Princes and States, to the Glory of God, and the Benefit of the Christian World, the following Articles have been agreed on and consented to, and the same run thus.

books are non-free production