So tell me Sup Forums, just how jelly are you from 10 to 11?

So tell me Sup Forums, just how jelly are you from 10 to 11?

I'm typing this with my boner

notice me senpai

>x99
>6700k
What did he mean by this?

It's a 6850k user

About a 10.

The guy who sold all that to whatever sucker who bought them is a very lucky guy! I'm very jealous!

Poor

>implying I bought them from some guy
3-4 different stores user, and yes those lucky bastards sure make you pay a lot

>poor
lol

I thought about going for the best available CPU (6950X) but holy fuck, I'm not paying 2000€ for a few extra cores and worse base clock.. that's too crazy even by my standards

Nice! Is that a wireless card? Ethernet is superior.

Yeah nothing beats ethernet, but it's good to have wlan as a backup too

Can you believe these manufacturers make these shitty "gamer" motherboards that cost 3x more just because they have a wifi module? ridiculous

Too much meme shit for me.

>worse base clock
So overclock it.
All of this is poor anyway..

Real men went dual socket overclocked, but no one makes those anymore, so now everyone is poor. Blame Evga.

>No cisco gear
>TP-Link Parts
>Outdated Chipset
>Windows
>WD Black
>DVD/blueray drive
>Chinkseries

The only good thing you have there is the Sold state drive but even then it doesn't justify the cost.

>Year of our lord 2016
>Not liking dank memes

>overclock
Fuck that shit, I used to do that but it really isn't worth it.. If my CPU is so slow that I need to squeeze a few megahertz out of it, might as well just buy a new one

>WD Black
It's a Red NAS drive pleb

>TP-Link Parts
>No cisco gear
>Outdated Chipset
u wot m8

>Windows
Lol no I'll install DSL on this monster instead

>Bluray drive
What the hell? Since when are optical drives useless? I have tons of CD's and DVD's that are not on the internet and would like to rip

>Chinkseries
Meh, no opinion here, let's see how good it is

>might as well just buy a new one
And that's why my sr-2 based pc is faster then a non overclocked 6950x.
Overclocking isn't just some meme, but it damn sure isn't all that it used to be.

Looks like a good setup, but not jealous even though it's way more powerful than what I personally own.

I of course do computer intensive work, but these days you can delegate a lot of work to the cloud whenever the computer is too slow. If I owned that computer most of the power would just go to waste.

Buying the R5 over the S bcz. muh Optical Drive.

>That fan
>Jelly
Ayy lmao

KEKd
all that consumer/gaymer stuff
also fucking tp-link
too fucking poor for cisco or fortinet eh?

install gentoo/10

Ehh, I think it kinda is a meme to be honest, I don't want to destabilize my CPU settings even slightly and then install better cooling just for a tiny bit of performance

Thankfully I'll be doing lots of development work and shit like that, so it won't be a waste. Multiple VS instances, SQL databases, virtual machines, etc...

Quietness is important bro

Yeah man do it, optical drives are definitely not obsolete in my book

mine is better?

>Quietness is important bro
>Not using liquid cooling

>6850k
>single GPU

user...the 6800k is identical silicon, costs $200 less, and the only difference is PCIe lanes, which with a single GPU you simply wont need the extra PCIe lanes.

Waste of money for no reason, that $200 could have gone towards a better monitor, or a hooker or some weed,

>$200 mobo
>$150 router

Fucking retard return that shit and buy a deluxe 2.

If you want a router so badly buy an ac1900 from t-mobile for $60 and flash merlin on it. It'll be 100x better than that pos Linksys.

So you got yourself a mediocre server in a tower case with a video card. Okay, I guess.

It has more cores, better base clock, and as you said more PCIE lanes... I think it was worth it. Anything beyond that would have been a waste for me.

>liquid cooling
Colleague told me it's not actually quiet. nothing wrong with good ol' air cooling, tried and true

Not even close dude

>Paying 150€ more for WIFI and Bluetooth in your motherboard

>server
I consider buying Xeons, but nah

What made you buy msi?

>Not using liquid cooling
Radiators have fans that make the same noise you know, and you can get the same "silent" fans strapped straight to your GPU's heatsink.

>It has more cores
No it doesn't

The 6800k is 6 core 12 thread at 3.4Ghz
The 6850k is 6 core 12 thread at 3.6GHz

They BOTH overclock to ~4.2GHz+. So once you overclock the clockspeed is identical, the core count is identical, they both have hyperthreading, they both have 15MB L3 Cache.

They are literally identical but the 6850k has 40 PCIe lanes and the 6800k only has 28.

However, your single GPU only uses 16 lanes, 16-28 still leaves you with 12 PCIe lanes that you aren't using.

With the 6850k the only difference is now you have 24 PCIe lanes that you aren't using instead of 12.

Wow great $200 spent there.

This is why you get advice BEFORE buying. You waste money on stupid shit.

>Blame Evga.
wut

>Thankfully I'll be doing lots of development work and shit like that, so it won't be a waste. Multiple VS instances, SQL databases, virtual machines, etc...

Well, you already invested in the hardware, but you should really try AWS (Amazon Web Services) for these things. Super comfy and automatic scaling. They even have a free tier for most of their services as well, and it gives you cool skills for your career.

That way you don't have to spend time maintaining everything, simple push of a button deployment with your configs and that sort of thing. I like to recommend it because I don't think people are aware how much cool stuff is available there. And stuff like encryption (even your own encryption), backup and that sort of thing is trivial.

It has a learning curve, it's enterprise services, but you don't have to invest a single dollar to start and you actually have to have something heavy going before they bill you (which is cheap)

For example you can have something called AWS Lambda functions which is pretty much a 'serverless' event driven service that runs some code at a certain event, I am going to set up a 'serverless' web hosting service on it. Whenever someone sends a http request to an adress I will run a django server and return a http response.

The first million request every month is free, then it's $0.20 per 1 million requests thereafter ($0.0000002 per request).

For development purposes I am sure you won't send 1 million requests to your test servers. But you can also run proper servers, virtual linux installations and that sort of thing.

The only people who NEED heavy hardware these days are gamers. But it's a nice system you have. It's going to last you a long time.

Your retarded ass bought a 40 lane cpu but got a budget motherboard with gimped lane configuration designed for the 28 lane chip. You are one retarded motherfucker.

oh shit you retard i hope you are joking holy shit
memes fallen for
>i7
>Multi-antenna router
>""""""enthusiast""""""" mobo
>pcie wifi card

memes not fallen for
>

i bet you even have over 500W psu and more than 8GB of ram as well
jesus christ you might as well have bought a mac

>cisco
>NSAsco
N-no thank you.

First that was released here, I doubt it matters

I picked the safe route, this is fine and it has good reviews

Oh I guess I remembered wrong then, but whatever.. I wanted the PCI-E lanes for better future proofing. I already have a GPU, SSD, and WLAN card on my pcie slots. The base clock is a nice bonus.

I have 0 regrets over paying more for it

What's wrong with a server in a tower case?

>I wanted the PCI-E lanes for better future proofing
Lol jesus you're a child or a man-child.

Future proofing doesn't exist, FULL STOP

>more than 8GB of ram
And this is bad how?

>destabilize my CPU
You won't at all unless you are unlucky as fuck.
Even then, throw more voltage at it to stabilize it.
>but more voltage can kill the cpu quicker
It will outlast its usefulness unless you're a major fuckup, keep it under manufacturer recommend.

>Future proofing doesn't exist, FULL STOP

U JELLY? YEA U MAD JELLY

Lane-let detected

I'll be enjoying my $100 10 core Xeons in 2018 and 3dxpoint ssd with my full 40 lanes

everything is wrong except for that tp-link adapter

>WD red
>Modern Linksys router
>Non-USB DVD drive
>Fractal
I really wish this was a troll.

They stopped their super record lineup. Which ended OC friendly dual sockets for the most part.

>Paying for a WIFI card on a desktop
>Not using the more tried and true wired Ethernet

It's free on your motherboard and forever more reliable.

replace the components with year old equivalents and the mouse and keyboard with much better alternatives and that's my PC. 3/10 I could use the 1080

Name a better case at that price range.

Protip: You can't.

lol you both are idiots

I've actually tried AWS a little, because I have a client who needs it. I must say I much prefer Azure, it has better integration with .NET (obviously), and the UI is so much cleaner and easier to navigate. I got lost in AWS almost immediately.

Another thing that bothered the fuck out of me was how I signed up for a free trial, which ended up not being free (only for a specific amount of resources that no sane person is going to start calculating), and the default settings for informing you of bills that you have paid are turned OFF. I suddenly check my bank account and I've lost 120€ and Amazon told me nothing.

I gave them bad feedback.

I have no need to spend money on a cloud account though, unless I had something to deploy for the public.

not jelly at all
i have a decent computer that does what i need it to do. why would i need to spend 400000 gorillion on stuff i don't need right not?

are you implying I dont have X99 or something?

>what did he mean by this?

What would you rather like to use? China government Huawei? Whitebox? Incompetent HP?
Boy... Have I got some fucking news for you.

Dayyum nigga, I'd bet those blue LEDs keep your case cool like a fridge. Mind sharing your speccy?

pfsense box obviously, using older AMD or intel CPUs to avoid NSA hardware backdoors.

Nothin Special there. Plus your mommy and daddy bought you this for Christmas or should say Santa. Come back when you actually work for your gear.

Your setup is so awful I'd feel bad if I made fun of it.

speccy is below the monitors fampai

it's my media server and encoding rig.

17TB of HDDs
750GB of SSDs
5820k at 4.3GHz right now
24 GB DDR4 RAM (one stick is bad and i've been lazy as fuck getting it replaced)
GTX 960 (not a gaming computer, just wanted something decent for dual 1440p desktop since this CPU doesnt have an integrated GPU)

You can try but about the only thing most faggots on Sup Forums find wrong with it is the GTX 960 because they think everyone plays video games.

im happy for you pal

>so jelly he mad
I got a scarf for christmas you pleb, I worked my ass off for this

literally nothing wrong with any of that

No thanks, I'm done with that stuff personally, but more power to you

That's cute how you set it all up for the photo I remember when I was a kid.

>I got lost in AWS almost immediately.

Same here, it's a it overwhelming in the start.

>(only for a specific amount of resources that no sane person is going to start calculating)

They actually do have calculators

>and the default settings for informing you of bills that you have paid are turned OFF. I suddenly check my bank account and I've lost 120€ and Amazon told me nothing.

That sounds pretty shitty, I have not experienced anything like that which is why I am shilling it. You maybe did that a few years ago. But at least you know about the possibility, I was just thinking about it because you seem to have a need for computer power. I imagined that I might provide you with some new info. Well, guess not

Enjoy your computer

Is alright, not jealous because that takes effort. Nice PC, money well spent I guess

Thanks bro, cheers

For personal use, I guess. But now your attack surface is a whole lot bigger.

>Only one 1080
>Only a 6850K
>WD Red
>No SSD

Not jelly. Pretty standard "high end" build.

>But now your attack surface is a whole lot bigger

at least you know of any attacks as opposed to letting them snoop around through their backdoors.

>HDD

Get out pleb

I take part of this back. You do have a 750. Still not jelly.

I know that EXACT feel.

You have all these parts laying in front of you, but just want to lay back and have a beer instead of all the work to build it

I appreciate the information mate, it definitely helps to know AWS or Azure nowadays since everyone and their grandmother wants to move things to "the cloud"

I tried AWS a few months ago actually, needed to set up a test environment for our client. I'm sure it's alright, but the UI needs a change and the billing has to be less sneaky

I'd rather the NSA be snooping around then the Chinese or the RBN.
You're fucked if you even use the Internet, might as well make it easy for yourself.

>$190 Titanium rated 850w PSU
nice, totally worth the $100 over a 750w gold rated unit.

You'll SURELY make that money back :^)

>You're fucked if you even use the Internet
You realize PFsense is used by major corporations and shit...?